Chrysler Targets BMW With 300 SRT8

FordBuyer

Yeah.....great article.... :hysterical:

On paper, it’s a far better choice,” Toprak said. “But that’s not what luxury is about. It won’t matter if you compare features and benefits of the 300 or the Benz. Most luxury buyers won’t listen, because most won’t want to be seen in the 300.
Edited by twintornados

Performance on paper is one thing. I don't think it's going to win many converts though. People talk about Lincoln's lack of luxury cred...Chrysler still sells minivans. And...well...this:

Chrysler-200.jpg

Would be interesting to see how the Chrysler brand would evolve if Fiat pushed them into the legitimate luxury playing field with its full lineup instead of just poking little holes at it like with the 300 SRT8.

I think Chrysler is such a joke company. You could never give me one of their products. I'd sell it on the spot and couldn't be seen driving one. I'm all about competition - it is good for all the other companies, but to think someone believes Chrysler has a product that competes at a high level is smoking something good. I know it is a personal thing, but I will never drive onto one of their products.

Edited by gdn
  • Like 2

Supercharged Coyote with 420 hp at the rear wheels..

No come on Ford give Falcon the proper top and bottom makeover it deserves.

774908-cars-guide-fpv-gt-e.jpg

I do wish that vehicle was built here. I love all that glassy area and all the driver visibliy it offers plus V8 power. I'm already tired of the gun slit, bunker style styling prevalent here, and mastered by Chrysler and GM Camaro. Probably another reason why I keep my Taurus. That Falcon in red is gorgeous and as fast as it looks. I guess I should go to Australia just to see gorgeous, big window, V8 sedans among other things of course. Aussies know how to live.

• Like 1