2014 MKC Spied

Well it appears many here like it. Me while I don't dislike hate it, and as stated will wait for the camo to be removed, but I simply think it's a little bland. And based on the camo'd vehicle, I see similarities to the concept, and some uniqueness. Some likes and dislikes.

I thought the concept was well executed, but this camo'd version doesn't appear to have the same flair. And is another reason why I said I'll wait. How am I making it more complicated than it is? Simply said it's "meh" meaning bland so far and will wait for the camo to come off. How the heck is providing my opinion based on a camo'd mule make it complicated? Why is that complicated, but others who like the vehicle is not considered complicated, like they have x-ray visions and know exactly what the production version will look like?

The only real difference to the body appears to be in some fascia detailing, headlights, and giving it a bit more of a realistic greenhouse slope (and all but the greenhouse change are pretty difficult to discern through the camo). Almost all of the side body sculpting and clamshell rear door appear to be wholly in tact. So what do you like less?

I know what IMHO means but you can't use it to justify a factually incorrect statement.

For example, I can say "The Earth is flat, IMHO." That is a factually incorrect statement and not an opinion.

Instead of saying "Ford's don't have enough style or flare" just say "I don't care for Ford's styling" and leave it at that.

It's all semantics but semantics are important.

• Like 1

The only real difference to the body appears to be in some fascia detailing, headlights, and giving it a bit more of a realistic greenhouse slope (and all but the greenhouse change are pretty difficult to discern through the camo). Almost all of the side body sculpting and clamshell rear door appear to be wholly in tact. So what do you like less?

Agreed. The lower fascia and headlights make a difference. Now some of the body side sculpting does look changed, but how much will have to wait until the camo is removed. Dislike the front door wing windows, much prefer the one piece of glass look. Much prefer the rear bumper and exhaust execution on the concept. And the overall body appears to have a softer body lines compared to the concept, but as stated in my initial post, will wait to see without camo.

I know what IMHO means but you can't use it to justify a factually incorrect statement.

For example, I can say "The Earth is flat, IMHO." That is a factually incorrect statement and not an opinion.

Instead of saying "Ford's don't have enough style or flare" just say "I don't care for Ford's styling" and leave it at that.

It's all semantics but semantics are important.

Glad you know what it means. And sorry, but don't see where I made any factual statements.

Stating "Fords don't have enough style or flare, in my opinion" is stating the same exact thing as "I don't care for Fords styling", just using different words and only factual basis behind either of these statements is that I, me, myself, am not fond of some of their styles. Period. If you read more into those statements, that's your problem not mine.

And funny part is, I and many other users on this forum can make nearly identical statements about Toyota or Chevy or whatnot make, and that is okay. But you want to gripe when someone says the exact same about a Ford product. Come on man.

• Like 2

I apologize. Next time I'll do a better job of reading your mind.

Problem is you assumed I was stating something I didn't. Next time just read the words that have been typed, instead of trying to read more into it than what it is.

• Like 1

After looking closely at the production model and the concept vehicle, I was amazed at how similar they are.

• Like 1

The only real disappointment to me is the exhaust. I much prefer the integrated one on the concept. Not sure why that didn't make it to the production version.

Agree on that note. They managed to carry it over on the MKZ. Even the Titanium level Fusions get integrated exhaust outlets.

Edited by NickF1011

Problem is you assumed I was stating something I didn't. Next time just read the words that have been typed, instead of trying to read more into it than what it is.

What a concept.

You're posts were very concise and clear. They were not hard to understand.

• Like 1

Agreed. The lower fascia and headlights make a difference. Now some of the body side sculpting does look changed, but how much will have to wait until the camo is removed. Dislike the front door wing windows, much prefer the one piece of glass look. Much prefer the rear bumper and exhaust execution on the concept. And the overall body appears to have a softer body lines compared to the concept, but as stated in my initial post, will wait to see without camo.

Glad you know what it means. And sorry, but don't see where I made any factual statements.

Stating "Fords don't have enough style or flare, in my opinion" is stating the same exact thing as "I don't care for Fords styling", just using different words and only factual basis behind either of these statements is that I, me, myself, am not fond of some of their styles. Period. If you read more into those statements, that's your problem not mine.

And funny part is, I and many other users on this forum can make nearly identical statements about Toyota or Chevy or whatnot make, and that is okay. But you want to gripe when someone says the exact same about a Ford product. Come on man.

I remember reading about may older Escape owners not liking the new shape and predicting that Ford would lose many sales.

Ford is changing demographics and realigning with the direction of the market, so people either get on board or change brands.

I remember reading about may older Escape owners not liking the new shape and predicting that Ford would lose many sales.

Ford is changing demographics and realigning with the direction of the market, so people either get on board or change brands.

Do you have a link to those articles or posts? I'd like to read them .

Do you have a link to those articles or posts? I'd like to read them .

On this site about 2 -3 years ago when Ford was changing direction, stopping BOFs, Explorer, Panther and Ranger were going away

and Ford was looking to use European Focus, Mondeo and Kuga as US vehicles - it was a time of great upheaval and change.

My take on it was that Ford let go of products and customers it felt were at the fringes in order to refocus on the main market.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still disappointed by how the integrated exhaust treatment didn't make it to production. I think it takes away from the higher-end look/feel of the vehicle.

Sometimes though it can look cheap...some manufactures have what looks to be integrated exhaust, and then you look close and it's just an unfinished pipe that is a few inches shorter to hide it.

• Like 1

Sometimes though it can look cheap...some manufactures have what looks to be integrated exhaust, and then you look close and it's just an unfinished pipe that is a few inches shorter to hide it.

Yeah, that's also true.

I don't know....Ford seems to have figured it out just fine on the Fusion/MKZ. Perhaps it has to do with platform limitations (limiting where they can put the outlets, and an integrated look wouldn't be as visually pleasing where the pipes are currently)? Fusion/MKZ were on an all new platform, whereas this was placed on an existing platform. Just a guess....

Not saying it's an excuse. To me, little detail oversights like that and something like the antenna on the MKZ with retractable roof are things I don't think Lincoln can afford to overlook as it tries to rebuild its image. Then again, I'm one to really notice and appreciate little details.

• Like 1

Not saying it's an excuse. To me, little detail oversights like that and something like the antenna on the MKZ with retractable roof are things I don't think Lincoln can afford to overlook as it tries to rebuild its image. Then again, I'm one to really notice and appreciate little details.

Gotta love the bean counters...

I'm still waiting for anything like real drivetrain information, which is kinda painful. I like what I've seen, it may be the best application to date of the "winged" grille...but with new engines around the corner, I am awaiting real confirmation on what's going to be under that hood.

I'm still waiting for anything like real drivetrain information, which is kinda painful. I like what I've seen, it may be the best application to date of the "winged" grille...but with new engines around the corner, I am awaiting real confirmation on what's going to be under that hood.

Do you think it will be different than the Escape options?

I'm still disappointed by how the integrated exhaust treatment didn't make it to production. I think it takes away from the higher-end look/feel of the vehicle.

Completely agree. A minor issue, to be sure, but the integrated exhaust would be a great look. I think that's a miss by Lincoln/Ford.