2015 F-150 Spotted

Looks like it loses the drop in the front of the front windows. Interesting, does that mean the bed sides drop a bit too? Although, the sides look pretty high in those pics.

That is an illusion, the "drop" in the front window was created by hiking up the window sill line at the rear to give it a "Super Duty-esque" appearance, but then the top rail of the box was also moved up to follow that hiked up line...made the box look disproportionately huge in comparison...I always hated the hunched up window sill look...

If Ford truly "dropped" the window sill line to give more visual ability it would be fine...but to hunch up the window line at the rear of the door makes the truck look "fat" to me...I rather like the clean lines of the window sill on Expedition....

Well, with side impact regulations, I wouldn't be surprised if it WAS "dropped". I know it was "dropped" in the Super Duty as the bed height is normal. And, personally, I like the look AND the functionality, especially with the big dumbo mirrors. I have EXCELLENT visibility out of the windows and mirrors on my truck. I actually find it easier to back up my truck than my wife's Flex, partially due to the mirrors and partially due to the "dip" in the window to make the visibility through the mirrors better.

And in your pic above, I'm not so sure the dip isn't there. The padding could be covering it up as it is rather thick in that part. Look at how much below the top of the door the mirror is. I say it still has the dip, especially since Pioneer says it does. :)

Notice the number keypad on the B-pillar instead of under the door handle. Looks to be a "stick-on" instead of the new integrated style on the cars. I actually think the current one integrated into the door handle surround looks better. Maybe it will look better in person.

Edited by fordmantpw

Notice the number keypad on the B-pillar instead of under the door handle. Looks to be a "stick-on" instead of the new integrated style on the cars. I actually think the current one integrated into the door handle surround looks better. Maybe it will look better in person.

It very well could be a stick-on, which are available from Ford as a dealer add-on. So maybe they just stuck it on the truck to give it keyless entry while testing so they didn't need to pass keys around all the time.

Edited by NickF1011
  • Like 1

It very well could be a stick-on, which are available from Ford as a dealer add-on. So maybe they just stuck it on the truck to give it keyless entry while testing so they didn't need to pass keys around all the time.

Yeah, I thought of that after I posted. Those things are one of the best features added to cars ever! Mine has saved me a couple calls: "Um, honey, can you bring me the spare set of keys?"

• Like 1

Actually, you have it backwards. The door sill was always the same height as before. They actually put a dip at the front for better viewing of the mirror.

I hope they keep it.

That was the case with the Super Duty, but I don' think it was with the F150.

Of course, you can't really say for sure since they were both clean-sheet redesigns when they came out with the dip. I hope they keep it too.

Actually, you have it backwards. The door sill was always the same height as before. They actually put a dip at the front for better viewing of the mirror.

I hope they keep it.

You have to look at the doors of an Expedition and an F-150 to see it, but the sill is hunched up at the rear, not dipped in the front as it was done on F-Superduty series...

Expedition side view...

new_2013_ford_expedition_el_limited_9906

Pre-haunch F-150 side view...

31403830102_large.jpg

F-150 with Superduty look side window glass, side view....

60011202.jpg

That was the case with the Super Duty, but I don' think it was with the F150.

Of course, you can't really say for sure since they were both clean-sheet redesigns when they came out with the dip. I hope they keep it too.

The dip on the SuperDuties was functional, but I think the F150's is styling--I was just looking at it the other day on my '13, and eliminating the dip wouldn't obstruct the mirror, at least from my viewing angle. That might be different if you're a little feller or lady, but I'd just as soon they keep it, regardless.

The dip on the SuperDuties was functional, but I think the F150's is styling--I was just looking at it the other day on my '13, and eliminating the dip wouldn't obstruct the mirror, at least from my viewing angle. That might be different if you're a little feller or lady, but I'd just as soon they keep it, regardless.

Do you have the standard mirrors or the big dumbo (trailer towing) mirrors? I think it's more of a help with the big mirrors.

You have to look at the doors of an Expedition and an F-150 to see it, but the sill is hunched up at the rear, not dipped in the front as it was done on F-Superduty series...

Expedition side view...

Pre-haunch F-150 side view...

F-150 with Superduty look side window glass, side view....

The pictures don't really prove anything. I think for a real comparison, we'd need to compare the handle side window vertical size on the 2003 vs the 2004.

How ever, recent vehicle styling has been moving towards smaller windows and higher belt lines. So it's debatable what ever the result is.

The pictures don't really prove anything. I think for a real comparison, we'd need to compare the handle side window vertical size on the 2003 vs the 2004.

How ever, recent vehicle styling has been moving towards smaller windows and higher belt lines. So it's debatable what ever the result is.

I think the "smaller windows and higher belt lines" thing is driven more from roof crush standards than purely styling.