2015 Mustang to be debut December 5th!

Thanks! The springs made a night and day difference compared to the 20 years old stocker (still have the original shock & struts as we speak however)... Went with Steeda Sports. Car already had subframes when bought.

I hope the '15 GT kept some kind of 5.0 fender tag... Please :worship:

• Like 1

Although I like it very much, I think GM must be sighing in relief as I don't think it is enough to lure Camaro owners away. As far as a European car, it may be still too americanised I think the a closer representation of the Evos concept would have been more appreciated, but then this was always going to be a problem in trying to globalise the Mustang. May be Ford should have built the Evos and Mustang from the same platform/parts but just reskin them for US/European markets.

Although I like it very much, I think GM must be sighing in relief as I don't think it is enough to lure Camaro owners away. As far as a European car, it may be still too americanised I think the a closer representation of the Evos concept would have been more appreciated, but then this was always going to be a problem in trying to globalise the Mustang. May be Ford should have built the Evos and Mustang from the same platform/parts but just reskin them for US/European markets.

I disagree. This is far more likely to lure Camaro buyers than the current one, although the majority of Camaro buyers want a Camaro - period - and wouldn't consider a Mustang regardless of style or performance. Same goes for Mustang buyers.

The EVOs was just a concept for styling purposes. That styling could be applied to a Fusion coupe just as easily IF Ford decides they need one. Mustang is a pony car and needs to stay that way even globally, otherwise what's the point?

• Like 1

I disagree. This is far more likely to lure Camaro buyers than the current one, although the majority of Camaro buyers want a Camaro - period - and wouldn't consider a Mustang regardless of style or performance. Same goes for Mustang buyers.

The EVOs was just a concept for styling purposes. That styling could be applied to a Fusion coupe just as easily IF Ford decides they need one. Mustang is a pony car and needs to stay that way even globally, otherwise what's the point?

Agree - these cars are basically niche models, and there are dedicated fans for each of these cars (Camaro, Challenger and Mustang). Most of them bought a Camaro, Challenger or Mustang specifically because they wanted that particular car.

The international appeal of the Mustang lies in the fact that it is a distinctively American design. Making it look like any number of other Euro-styled coupes on the market would remove the one thing that makes people in foreign markets want it in the first place.

Not sure if I'm digging this or not. Its going to take some time to digest and actually decide if I like it. I will say this, my excitement factor when the '05 came out was over the top. With this one, not so much. Perhaps the performance testing will help ease the pain but I dunno. Looks wise, not exactly in the boat.

Not sure if I'm digging this or not. Its going to take some time to digest and actually decide if I like it. I will say this, my excitement factor when the '05 came out was over the top. With this one, not so much. Perhaps the performance testing will help ease the pain but I dunno. Looks wise, not exactly in the boat.

Well, to be fair, we've known from almost the beginning that this Mustang was not going to be a clean-sheet, entirely new design compared to what the '05 was replacing at the time. That one was replacing a vehicle that had been riding on similar underpinnings for 25 years!!

Ford wants to make a World Mustang, not a world sport coupe. It's targeted for people who love American Mustangs of the past/present.

@NickF1011, cross post!

Edited by 03 LS

I will go on record stating that I like it. No, its not the major step change that the 05 was but it does look like a Mustang. I really hope the information on weight reduction is true along with suspension improvements and the significant HP planned (I know the 5.8 is gone). I thinks its a move in the modern direction.