Lincoln Tweets Navigator Teaser?

I think the lack of a traditional bumper is what is so weird looking about it. It goes straight from grille to....... another grille.

I couldn't put my finger on it but you nailed it. I think it will look a lot better from other angles with the rest of the vehicle revealed.

At least they're not playing it safe.

I think the lack of a traditional bumper is what is so weird looking about it. It goes straight from grille to....... another grille.

I think if anything the lack of a truck-like bumper could HELP this language work on a vehicle this size. Maybe the proportions will help when we see the whole thing.

Shock is wearing off... it might grow on me. Hope the ass end isn't as awful as the new Escalade.

Edited by PREMiERdrum

Wow, it looked so much more sleek, and almost Range Rover-like in that teaser shot....I'm sure they were limited in what they could do given the existing hard points and such, though.

It'll hold it over until the full redesign.

As others have also said, perhaps seeing the entire vehicle will make the proportions and such look better than that pic.

Agreed about the rear end, PD.....I too dislike the back end of the Escalade.

My guess is designers would've preferred to go with a more sleek look with the details/edges more curved (a la MKZ or MKC) than what we're seeing on the Navigator, which ultimately I think would result in a better looking vehicle (more sleek like the new Range Rover).....however, at the same time, I think such a design combined with the existing body probably wouldn't work well together, which ended up with the more blocky styling elements we're seeing. At least that's my guess.

It looks like a Transformer.

Kinda my thought too. The upper grille is a lot. The lower grille in addition to the upper is just too much. The current Navigator has the same problem. The lower grille added to the already in-your-face upper grille just takes it way overboard.

But, I'll wait to see what it looks like fully revealed. It's not like the large luxury SUV category is full of good lookers.

I think what makes it look odd in the pic is that the hood is popped open making the front end look taller than it really is. I think it's an improvement.

Definitely an improvement, but I still think the aged bones under the skin are holding back a lot of potential that could be realized with a clean-sheet design.

• Like 1