2016 Ford F-650-750 leaked on Ford.com?

Very interesting....

Looks like they're keeping the SD cab bits, as with the prev. 650/750.

Providing a full Ford powertrain---wonder how that's going to go over.

Also, with the 'more CA clean' options---are they going to offer other powerplants besides the Ford gas, CNG and diesel?

Notice the Super Duty in the grill surround? Looks good and keeps the family look.

CA clean options will probably be CNG fueled. Big push for that out there.

My question is will these trucks meet SmartWay requirements?

No, 'clean CA' means the chassis has no protrusions (battery boxes, fuel tanks) from the cab to the rear axle, to make vocational body mounting easier.

No worries with California emissions, both the V-10 and 6.7L Powerstroke are certified in lighter GVW vehicles in California.

Wow. It looks like there is no more Cummins diesels, Allison automatic or other manual transmissions. Interesting spin Ford is putting on this, as if it was an advantage. I think a lot of fleets will not quite see it that way. Ford also seems to have a lot of faith in the Torq-Shift transmission, it will be very interesting to see max. GCW's on these trucks, particularly the tractors. Looks like it might be the half-effort we were all afraid of, we will have to wait and see exactly what will be offered and how the trucks can be configured.

I just hope for the sake of the Avon Lake employees that the thing will be around for awhile.

IMO, very disappointing. They stole a page from Henry's book-"Any color as long as its black". The press release says it all...."F-750 tractor for heavy towing"..Huh-who writes this stuff? Its a TRACTOR- it pulls trailers! But guess what, It won't be pulling any 27' pups that say..ABF, or Old Dominion or UPS or Coca Cola etc. etc. Rather it will pull Reginald's polo ponies, or tow Harry's camper trailer etc.

Bottom line those who said this was nothing but a gift to the UAW for the last contract are probably correct. Are they bringing class 6 and 7 back to the US? Yes-contract paid in full. Will this half assed approach increase sales? Certainly not to the degree that it would have had they given buyers a reasonable choice-like a real truck diesel, a real choice of transmissions etc. Notice no mention of .."up to class 8? I guess that means the 37,000 lb option is dead- can't imagine a Power Stroke/Torqueshift combination at 37,000lbs getting out of warranty before it grenades all over the road. I'm sure a 6.7 Power Stroke/Torqueshift will satisfy some classes of trade. But I'm sure the marketers at Paccar, Navistar F'liner and even Hino are resting easy tonite SOS from Ford.

Have to admit, the headlights are gorgeous! Headed to the barn to sit in my B-61X!

This will be the first use of the V10 with the 6 Speed Torqshift, is this a precursor to the mighty V10 returning to the whole SD lineup? One would have to wonder.

The V-10/Torqueshift has been available for quite a while now in 650 and has been selling well-at 26,000lbs GVW or less. It can make sense for those who have low annual mileage and minimal gross weight

Wow. It looks like there is no more Cummins diesels, Allison automatic or other manual transmissions. Interesting spin Ford is putting on this, as if it was an advantage. I think a lot of fleets will not quite see it that way. Ford also seems to have a lot of faith in the Torq-Shift transmission

They're giving the things a 5 year/250,000 mile warranty (50k miles per year)--so I think they're putting their money where their mouth is on this one.

• Like 2

I wonder if Ford is seeing what I've been seeing around here--single-make fleets. I just saw an example this morning, with a company I've seen doing lots of utility projects (laying gas pipe in some areas and, the one I saw today, moving the utility poles back in prepartion for widening the highway)--they have several F650s/750s, but they have even more F250s and F350s, and having common powertrains among their fleet would certainly be a benefit for them.

Obviously, if you're running a mixed fleet, the new powertrains won't help, but I wonder which groups are buying more trucks?

Edited by SoonerLS

Please tell me there will be more ratings for the 6.7L Powerstroke in these trucks other than 270 h.p./600 ft. lbs..

SoonerLS does bring up a good point, sharing engines with the smaller Super Duties will be a plus for some fleets. No question that has sold a lot of Cummins powered Ram 4500/5500's.

Please tell me there will be more ratings for the 6.7L Powerstroke in these trucks other than 270 h.p./600 ft. lbs..

SoonerLS does bring up a good point, sharing engines with the smaller Super Duties will be a plus for some fleets. No question that has sold a lot of Cummins powered Ram 4500/5500's.

I don't know much about all this, but why would the ratings for this be different from the Super Duty's ratings (440 hp, 860 ft lbs)?

The manufacturers always de-rate for heavier trucks so the engines and driveline components last longer. You will not see the maximum Cummins ISB rating available in a Ram 3500 in a Freightliner M2 for instance. It is also very true that the SAE rates medium/heavy duty engines at a lower r.p.m. than light duty (in this case under 10,000 GVW) engines, so you will also see discrepancies in similar engines. You can even see this in the 6.2L gas engine ratings between the F-250 and F-350.

And different duty cycle. For the pickups ratings are pretty much peak ratings while in the heavier classed the users want to see continuous ratings. Put a 20 foot full height box on an F650, load it up, and drive into a headwind. That is the kind of service seen, and the lower continuous ratings are real world ratings for that duty cycle. Big power is less important than long term low maintenance power.

They're giving the things a 5 year/250,000 mile warranty (50k miles per year)--so I think they're putting their money where their mouth is on this one.

Now that IS big news-is that a fact or rumor? If fact why didn't they put that in the press release??? Does that apply to ALL applications and HP ratings? That is what the "naysayers"-like myself-have to hear.