• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
meyeste

5.0 undesirable?

I don't think too many people are nostalgic about the 2.3T in the 80's Mustangs. There's a reason they were only offered for a few years. The 2.3 was going to exist whether the Mustang used it or not, as there is a need for it in other vehicles. More than likely, it just happened to check all the boxes that were needed in the Mustang also, so there it is.

The reason there is nostalgia for the SVO was that the SVO was faster than the GT of the time, not because anyone particularly liked a turbo.

I debated between the 3.7 ecoboost and the 5.0 on my new F150. I have yet to recieve it, but was glad to settle on the 5.0 I actually trust Ford, and believe their turbos will run well for a good service life. But, I wanted the simplicity and durablilty the 5.0 provides, and its a modest MPG hit, so I was pleased to make teh 5.0 choice. I suspect many are doing the same.

If you are thinking of a 5.0L Coyote , dont think twice- It is the best engine ever put in an F150 IMO and gets no marketing whatsoever.

Ive had old 5.0s, 5.8s, 5.4s, 5.4 3valves and this engine is better, is good on fuel, revs like a chevy, and has a sound that an ecoboost just cant beat !

Twin turbo 6cyl in my truck ? Never. Let me know how that works out after your warranty is up.

Trucks are supposed to have a v8.

Revs like a Chevy? So you're saying the 5.0 is a slow, laborious, rough revver? Sorry, couldn't resist. :-)