FBI investigates Ford engineer after listening devices found

"FBI investigates Ford engineer after listening devices found: report"
In AN's First Shift video this morning, it sounded like the FBI searched the Glass House because Ford suspected that she was stealing corporate secrets--i.e, Yahoo! News has the causality backwards. She claims that she placed the devices to help with transcriptions of meetings, not to steal information.

"FBI investigates Ford engineer after listening devices found: report"

In AN's First Shift video this morning, it sounded like the FBI searched the Glass House because Ford suspected that she was stealing corporate secrets--i.e, Yahoo! News has the causality backwards. She claims that she placed the devices to help with transcriptions of meetings, not to steal information.

I read her claim and just started laughing! If you need help with transcription of meetings, why would you hide the recording devices!? Just lay them on the damn table and let everyone know they're being recorded.

• Like 3

I read her claim and just started laughing! If you need help with transcription of meetings, why would you hide the recording devices!? Just lay them on the damn table and let everyone know they're being recorded.

"Sharon, do you have the transcripts from the March 15th meeting?"

"Sure Bill, let me check my hidden recording device to make sure they're right."

Sheesh...

• Like 1

"Honest, Mom, I wasn't stealing cookies, I was making sure they were still in the jar!"

• Like 1

We can't even record online meetings now without advising everyone on the call and asking if they agree to be recorded. Ridiculous. But apparently there was some lawsuit or legal issue that caused it.

Her lawyer said the 43 year old was: "insecure about her note taking!" That's all....and the devices probably were hidden so she wouldn't embarass herself if she was discovered....due to her insecurities with her note taking.

Her lawyer said the 43 year old was: "insecure about her note taking!" That's all....and the devices probably were hidden so she wouldn't embarass herself if she was discovered....due to her insecurities with her note taking.

Of course she is going to say that! I'm sure she worked hard to come up with that story before planting the devices. Those excuses just don't fly.

Of course she is going to say that! I'm sure she worked hard to come up with that story before planting the devices. Those excuses just don't fly.

THE FBI is apparently going through her phone, email, bank accounts etc.... If they do not find anything that indicates she used them to steal secrets or anything illegal......does she come after Ford for firing her? I'm just saying stranger things have happened.

THE FBI is apparently going through her phone, email, bank accounts etc.... If they do not find anything that indicates she used them to steal secrets or anything illegal......does she come after Ford for firing her? I'm just saying stranger things have happened.

She can try to come after Ford, but I'm sure there is some type of agreement that she signed or a general policy at Ford that would back them up. I mean, come on, hiding recording devices in meeting rooms? And leaving them there when you aren't in the room? She doesn't stand a chance (which, in today's world, means she will probably win millions in a wrongful termination suit).

• Like 2

She can try to come after Ford, but I'm sure there is some type of agreement that she signed or a general policy at Ford that would back them up. I mean, come on, hiding recording devices in meeting rooms? And leaving them there when you aren't in the room? She doesn't stand a chance (which, in today's world, means she will probably win millions in a wrongful termination suit).

This only gets better. Just read they found eight listening devices and when confronting her, she had one in her purse. She had a salary of $120,000 a year from Ford. She was part of a hybrid panel team...also had admitted she ERASED some of the recordings. The devices were planted and recorded other meetings that she did not attend. Her lawyer claimed the devices were difficult to remove. Man, this is real suspicious.

It's not suspicious at all - it seems pretty cut and dried to me. Whether she actually did anything with the info (yet) doesn't matter. And Ford would have no problem defending firing her just for using the devices without notifying anyone.

Unless her job description includes "scribe", I don't see how her note-taking skills would be pertinent.

Multiple devices located in different rooms described as "Sansa recording devices".

I know of no Sansa device that transmits, or can be activated automatically. Does anyone know of one? These things are effectively flash memory recorders, and don't even contain WiFi capabilities, AFAIK. Nor do they have that much memory I believe.

(as far as I can see) Her ineptitude at bugging an office would only seem to make her story more plausible; although not defensible.

• 2 weeks later...