USA Today Detroit Auto Show Report - 4 hits, one miss

The MkT actually looks good from the side. I think it is the front and the back that kill it. This is too bad as at least the front would be the easiest thing to fix. The problem is that before the restyle, it was 100% crappy and after it was 90% crappy. The big yacht back has so much wrong with it, it would actually look better if the rear hatch fell off.

• Like 1

The MkT actually looks good from the side. I think it is the front and the back that kill it. This is too bad as at least the front would be the easiest thing to fix. The problem is that before the restyle, it was 100% crappy and after it was 90% crappy. The big yacht back has so much wrong with it, it would actually look better if the rear hatch fell off.

Yeah it looks crook alright, makes me wonder if the squarer Flex would have done a better job in the MKT role..

You couldn't go past a nice 3-Row Explorer based SUV as MKT's replacement, whether SWB or LWB.

Lincoln could have a very formidable Utility line up in the near future, that may give the suits more confidence

to go much further with the car side and do some really exciting vehicle as counterpoints for the Utes..

I always hated vehicles with droopy asses. Thats why Porsche has never done anything for me, of the Maybach, last Tbird, Oviod Taurus/Sable, etc. The MKT was another blunder in the "What were they thinking" bus. Just like Blackwood where taking the utility aspect of it away, made it fail, same with the MKT. They gave it a third row you can barely get kids in with that low sloping roof.

...Volt (with nothing more than a slight refresh)...

Oh please... This thing was improved significantly in a number of ways. New engine, giving increased performance and efficiency, better NVH. New battery, with significant increase in EV range and increased interior space. Completely new sheet metal. How is that a "slight refresh"?