Ford performance expedition?

I wonder if it will have the split wing grill theme or something all new? Would there be demand enough for a raptor expedition? If there was could/would ford do it?

I'm sure it will have the split wing. It wouldn't make much sense to spread it out to the rest of the lineup with each new product launch (first MKZ, then MKC, then refreshed Navigator, and now the new MKX) just to ditch it in 2 years.

i feel like ford has kinda neglected on full size suv's last 6 or so years. I understand why due to focusing $ and talent in more pressing areas like f-series and cuv's. The expedition used to outsell the Tahoe till ford really abandoned that segment. If you look at the explorer popularity and the turnaround that happened on this newer platform, I'm willing to bet that ford could give gm a run for top full size suv sales crown. It was fords to lose in the first place. Where I live it's very common to see a ford truck and a Tahoe/suburban in the drive way. Most housewives just think the tahoe looks more appealing. If ford can make that new expedition more appealing to the soccer mom crowd then we will give gm a run for the sales crown. I know that they don't sell like they used to but full size suv's stand out. It's a standout car to the masses and makes the brand "cool" to the younger crowd. People who normally wouldn think ford would take a second glance. And the bet part is that it would kill gm's ego if they lost that title. They think their suv's walk on water!

The expedition is a great platform but is just long in the tooth and a lot of people have a hard time dropping 50k on a 2003 sheet metal vehicle. I'm hoping the new expy doesn't look as truck like but more suv like the explorer.

The Explorer looks like an SUV?

Coulda fooled me.

Edited by probowler

I have been noticing a ton of suburbans/tahoes in Atlanta. More than the expedition. And though I usually like Ford designs better, including the trucks, I have to say I think right now GM has a sharper looking product in this category. Hopefully that changes in 2017.

As to the Navigator, hopefully it does a different grill, I don't like the split wing on the larger vehicles.

• Like 1

I have been noticing a ton of suburbans/tahoes in Atlanta. More than the expedition. And though I usually like Ford designs better, including the trucks, I have to say I think right now GM has a sharper looking product in this category. Hopefully that changes in 2017.

As to the Navigator, hopefully it does a different grill, I don't like the split wing on the larger vehicles.

Gm does have a fresher more appealing product (tho I still think the last model looks better). I would like to see the navigator part from the split wing grill as well.