Focus RS...this is it...320HP AWD Track Monster

How much is the ST going for in Canada? I don't think Ford is going to sell many $40K RS's in the US. The ST starts around 27K in the States, so a 8K markup for the engine and AWD is more then enough. I don't see it having many options either.

2015 Focus ST starts at 24,370 USD. That's right from the build & price page on ford's website

I don't see it having many options either.

You're entitled to your opinion. Considering your knowledge about costs and value about the ST, well, opinions may differ: the ST's I've seen don't seem to need many options, some fine interiors, IMHO. Then again, how much frou-frou do you need? :)

Ed, I loaded up my Fiesta...even so far as to check Rado wheels , Recaros and moonroof, as I intend to own the vehicle outright. Wifely LOVES it....but Daddy is eying this RS ( down the road of course, put after Powerball results all will be good....)

• Like 1

Fuzzy, hes a lost soul that probably thinks Porsche is still a VW air cooled VW Bug variant.....

He's the same guy I mentioned a few months back who thinks Toyota can do no wrong and will never buy domestic again because of stuff he thinks happened in the 70s and 80s. He believes the pinto fiasco was intentional.

• Like 1

Overall I think RS will have strong sales at $35k, quite a bit weaker at $40k. Once you start trudging around the 40k number a lot of other cars start becoming possible. Whether or not we feel its worth it, won't matter if the general mainstream folks won't pony up the money. I'd step right up but with one kid in college and the other basically unemployed, its not in my reality zip code at this time.

• Like 1

Overall I think RS will have strong sales at $35k, quite a bit weaker at $40k. Once you start trudging around the 40k number a lot of other cars start becoming possible. Whether or not we feel its worth it, won't matter if the general mainstream folks won't pony up the money. I'd step right up but with one kid in college and the other basically unemployed, its not in my reality zip code at this time.

Um, from the established demographics of ST owners, both Fiesta and Focus, "the general mainstream folks" aren't part of the purchasing crowd, so I would expect no change with the RS. :)

You're entitled to your opinion. Considering your knowledge about costs and value about the ST, well, opinions may differ: the ST's I've seen don't seem to need many options, some fine interiors, IMHO. Then again, how much frou-frou do you need? :)

A loaded out ST is about 32K if I remember right...so I'd expect RS to come pretty much loaded, minus a few options since its going to be north of that.

They did, that's about 2k more than the 2014 model

I'm confused then....I'm basing my pricing on a just about fully loaded ST3....I thought they started at 27K and topped out around 32-33K..at least thats what I remember from doing a build and price on them when they first came to market.

I'm confused then....I'm basing my pricing on a just about fully loaded ST3....I thought they started at 27K and topped out around 32-33K..at least thats what I remember from doing a build and price on them when they first came to market.

The base price is slightly higher than a basic titanium

• 9 months later...