Jeep to replace Patriot and Compass with new model.

blazerdude20

http://m.leftlanenews.com/jeep-readies-single-replacement-for-compass-patriot.html

I thought the Cherokee was the compact class replacement for the patriot and compass siblings?

They also state there are rumblings of a sub renegade model.

Potential keep lineup could be:

Grand wagoneer

Grand Cherokee

Wrangler

Cherokee

Unnamed model

Renegade

Even smaller jeep.

Holy crap.

Edited by blazerdude20

I mentioned this in another thread a few weeks back. Cherokee was basically the replacement for the Liberty and the first entry for Jeep in the compact CUV class.

The Patriot and Compass will be replaced by the new vehicle.

I really like the styling of the Renegade. Judging by the online chatter it is being well received (and already is ROW). U.S. sales will not be blowouts either way, the current factory handles worldwide production of the Renegade and 500X and they are already limiting US sales (they are only forecasting 25k sales annually). Renegade was primarily developed for ROW sales, however I could see them opening another plant if demand consistently outstrips supply.

I mentioned this in another thread a few weeks back. Cherokee was basically the replacement for the Liberty and the first entry for Jeep in the compact CUV class.

The Patriot and Compass will be replaced by the new vehicle.

The rather strange thing is the Cherokee is listed as a D class CUV(!) on Allpar...which is completely wrong, since it its a C segment CUV like the Escape, and not even Edge or Explorer sized (CD and D receptively)

Well, that seems crazy.

I can see the Renegade appealing to the typical Kia Soul buyer as well as some Jeep brand lifestylers. With the Soul moving more than 8,000 a month, budgeting only 25k annually seems insane.

I don't believe it will stay that low for long. I think they are going to sell every one they can make. They'll need to figure something out.

Edited by Intrepidatious

I don't believe it will stay that low for long. I think they are going to sell every one they can make. They'll need to figure something out.

I'm curious as to how the Compass/Patriot replacement fits in. I understand that Jeep is on a great trajectory right now, but longterm I wonder if they'd be better suited with a very solid Renegade - Cherokee - Grand Cherokee / Wagoneer lineup.

I'm curious as to how the Compass/Patriot replacement fits in. I understand that Jeep is on a great trajectory right now, but longterm I wonder if they'd be better suited with a very solid Renegade - Cherokee - Grand Cherokee / Wagoneer lineup.

It fits in between Cherokee and Renegade... :happy feet:

Seriously though... the C-segment CUV market is bifurcated in Europe. There is a "small C" and "large C" CUVs and FCA is obviously trying to make sure it has the entire spectrum of CUVs covered.

A-segment: Fiat Panda Cross ==> Jeep ???

B-segment: Fiat 500X ==> Jeep Renegade

C-segment small: Jeep Compass (competitors include VW Tiguan, Hyundai Tucson, Subaru XV, Nissan Qashqai, Peugeot 3008 etc)

C-segment large: Jeep Cherokee (competitors include Ford Escape, Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4, Nissan X-Trail/Rouge, Subaru Forester etc)

C/D segment: none, although Wranger Unlimited is roughly the same exterior size as Ford Edge

D-segment 5 seat: Jeep Grand Cherokee

D-segment 7 seat: Jeep Grand Wagoneer

I thought the Renegade was supposed to be the replacement for the Compass and Patriot. I think it will be a mistake to make the Jeep lineup too big with car based crossovers. The Patriot/Compass Crossover should be a Chrysler. I would even rather they bring back AMC as a crossover division than water down Jeep.