2016 Escape Facelift?

I'm not sure why this tray concept is so hard to visualize, so here's a couple of pics of the deeper tray in my car.

attachicon.gifIMG_0781.jpg attachicon.gifIMG_0780.jpg

Well hell you don't have anything in there! Let's see in mine I will have a 12 volt USB charger, lip balm, business cards, pens, small pen light. My wife's Enclave has a nice center console that slides back but you have to pull the tray to get into the bottom portion and it can be challenging going 60MPH trying to get some tissue out of there!

Well hell you don't have anything in there! Let's see in mine I will have a 12 volt USB charger, lip balm, business cards, pens, small pen light. My wife's Enclave has a nice center console that slides back but you have to pull the tray to get into the bottom portion and it can be challenging going 60MPH trying to get some tissue out of there!

Not in those pictures. I took those to post on another forum and the key and card are for scale. It usually carries Carmex, floss, a gas discount card, keys to my storage area and when I drive for long distances my wallet and iPhone. I lined it with the rubber mesh drawer liner to stop any vibration and like I stated earlier, down below is a bunch of stuff I don't need easy access to. If this is going to be a competition on what and how much you carry in your center console, I concede, you can have this one.

If this is going to be a competition on what and how much you carry in your center console, I concede, you can have this one.

Are these guy or girl vehicles?

I don't mean that rudely but my wife has Sooo much junk in her center console and glove box. I only have a phone charger and a couple napkins in my glovebox my wife insists I keep. Other than that my car is spotless... And I dang near live in my Focus for work.

• Like 1

Damn it, as soon as you think you're out, they drag you back in.

Glove box:

Owner's Manual, calculator, flashlight, small multi-tool, pen, mechanical pencil (for when pen freezes in winter), napkins, kleenex, tire gauge, notepad.

Center console:

Lower secton: 2-emergency garage door openers (in event Homelink fails), 2- iPods, plastic bag with ear buds, (when traveling, iPhone charger), small rag, severed hand.

Upper tray: storage room keys, gas discount card, dental floss, fingernail/toenail clippings and when traveling, wallet, iPhone.

• Like 1

The life of a percussion instructor...

Console: At least 2 torque keys, assorted sockets and screwdrivers, usually a handfull of tension rods, electrical tape (black and white), sometimes gaff tape, earplugs, iPod, and a flask. ;)

Glovebox: Manual, maintenance receipts, and napkins.

Lower secton: 2-emergency garage door openers (in event Homelink fails), 2- iPods, plastic bag with ear buds, (when traveling, iPhone charger), small rag, severed hand.

You're lying.........nobody has 2 backup garage door openers........

• Like 2

Yes I do, one for my apartment building and the other for my home in AZ. The only problem with having two garage door openers is they begin to smell after a while, or at least something smells in there.

Try putting them in a ziploc bag, or add some baking soda. I'm sure it will go away.

• Like 1

Yes I do, one for my apartment building and the other for my home in AZ. The only problem with having two garage door openers is they begin to smell after a while, or at least something smells in there.

OK, just curious, does your homelink fail that often that you have to have backup openers in your car? I've always just figured I would get out, use the keys and unlock the door, then push the button on the opener.

Get out of the car and manually unlock a door? What is this - 2002?

I know, I'm crazy I guess.

Side note related to garage door openers, some Chamberlain (Liftmaster) openers use HomeLink 2 which won't work with some Fords just a few years old. Neither of our vehicles ('08 F250 and '09 Flex) would work with the openers in our new home. We had to get a repeater device that we could program to work with the vehicle and the opener. Kind of a PITA, but thankfully, Ford comps the device for some vehicles, including the '08 F250. Not the Flex, however. But you can program 1 to work with many vehicles and openers.

I have a 2013 Escape and 2007 Montego both with Homelink that work with my Chamberlain opener. However, I just bought a brand new Chamberlain last night for my shop. I hope those will work with my Homelink.

If not, it won't be the end of the world. The only think that will be parked in my shop is my 2003 SuperCrew, which has no Homelink.

I noticed it, but you had it covered with your post. Nothing I could have said would have improved on that. :)