New Camaro pics leak ahead of debut

PREMiERdrum

It should have looked like the 1970 model, ;-)

I think that's what a lot of people were hoping for. I would have certainly been more excited about it.

I know retro styling is starting to fade away within the auto industry, but I think a modern take on the 1970 model is the natural progression to the current car.

The back looks better.

Otherwise this has kind of a new Silverado feel to it. Unless performance is significantly better, people will struggle to understand just what exactly the big deal is.

The stupid part is that Zeta Commodore dropped 100 lbs by switching to bolt on aluminum panels,

how much money would GM have saved by doing a good MCE on Zeta...but we must save Alpha..

I own a fourth gen Camaro which in my opinion is the best styled Camaro ever built. I have never been a big fan of the 5th gen except for the ZL1 and Z/28. This new 6th gen looks too much like a 5th gen so until I see it in person, the jury is still out.

In the end the sales charts will show how successful the new Camaro will be regardless of what we think about it.

Interesting that it's got a turbo 4. Mustang must be generating a good amount of 2.3EB sales if GM took notice. This after GM has been openly ridiculing 4 cyl 'Stangs since the '85 SVO.

Why would they do that? There was a 4 cylinder Camaro in 1985. (Off'ed in 86)

Anyway, by the time GM locked this engine up in the Camaro, the new Mustang was most likely not even intro'ed to the public yet, let alone recording sales numbers.

Edited by Intrepidatious

From google

1. 3,702 to 4,374 lbs
    2015 Chevrolet Camaro, Curb weight
    save 200 lbs in the 2016 and new range 3502-4174 lbs? yes
    from google
    1. 3,526 to 3,705 lbs
      2015 Ford Mustang, Curb weight,
      that big V8 in the Camaro carries some weight penalty
      Will Ford lighten the Mustang and increase the HP to leapfrog the Camaro at the low end of the range. It looks like they will not need to do anything at the top end but that is conjecture on my part.

Also, this has kind of a 2007 Expedition vibe to it: Brand new platform, but it doesn't look at all new.

Well, in their defense - at least they changed all of the body panels, so while it doesn't look radically different, it does look different. On the '07 Expedition, every body panel aside from the hood, grille, front and rear bumpers were (and still are) the same as the '03-'06 model.

Just saw an article on Yahoo saying the Camaro only shares 30% with the ATS...FFS!

Platform sharing FTW!

So let me get this straight, the formula is

1. Take platform and build 2 near identical Caddilacs on it

2. Caddilacs struggle so you butcher it for the Camaro to make some money off of it

3. ????

4. PROFIT!!!!

• Like 1