Mustang Shelby GT350 Power offically at 526HP/420ft/lb

silvrsvt

@akirby stick to the subject, no ones even mentioned Cabo in this thread...lol, ...almost as bad is a local dealer that plomped a 50k over addendum on their 50th Anniversary.......sad to say the number 25 is being thrown around on the 350's....ARRRRRG!

Edited by Deanh

@akirby stick to the subject, no ones even mentioned Cabo in this thread...lol, ...almost as bad is a local dealer that plomped a 50k over addendum on their 50th Anniversary.......sad to say the number 25 is being thrown around on the 350's....ARRRRRG!

25K added to the price of a GT350? :hysterical: :hysterical:

Isn't it bad enough that they made the car a two door Taurus?

I watched interest wane severely in its last product year, that never happened with the Raptor...we literally bought units from dealers outside of California to supply demand and still fetched over MSRP.

I don't think you can compare the GT500 to the Raptor. The Raptor. The Raptor is much more practical for most people. Sure, it's built to run the desert, but it can also haul a family of 5 while towing the travel trailer on the weekend (just ask NLPRacing), not to mention haul a load of supplies home from Home Depot. It has a much broader audience and serves as a more useful toy.

I don't think you can compare the GT500 to the Raptor. The Raptor. The Raptor is much more practical for most people. Sure, it's built to run the desert, but it can also haul a family of 5 while towing the travel trailer on the weekend (just ask NLPRacing), not to mention haul a load of supplies home from Home Depot. It has a much broader audience and serves as a more useful toy.

AND it's automatic.

AND it's import-proof.

GT was too bold for its time...165K....now look...crazy...a GULF version went for 350k the other day...papillgee, I hear you, actually makes me uncomfortable to tell the truth...mentally I can justify 10k on that car for 2015, 15 as a stretch...25k?....nope, sorry.....that said, I would bet the farm on a few making their way overseas for a hell of a lot more than what they are purchased for...

and actually Rich, as soon as rumours of the GTs production being halted...they sold very quickly..... ironically, most of ours were purchased by............Plumbers!!!!!!!!!!!! go figure?....

But they didn't Dean. Not nationally.

Ford announced---publicly announced--the end of the GT at the beginning of February 2006. That's not the rumors. That's the announced end of production. They were still selling GTs a year later.

hell, ours moved pretty quick, and once again we started purchasing out of state ..another case of demographics?...its like California has its own car sales bubble....Flex's, you betcha!

Edited by Deanh

Let's look at the vehicles we're talking about again:

1) GT - limited run, high priced, exclusive super car.

2) Raptor - specialized version of a pickup truck, available in supercab and supercrew.

And 3) GT500 - a specialized version of Mustang, of which they made thousands.

I think the reality is, no matter what, the first of a specialized product will demand higher prices, sometimes over MSRP - because people want it then, and are willing to pay more for them because they're new. And over time, as more and more people acquire them, demand drops, and prices come down until the model is replaced.

I think the comparisons to the GT are out of line - of course they could demand over MSRP for that, be it when they were at the dealer or now.

Now, let's look at the Raptor. It's F-150-based....you know, the best selling vehicle, period. It can act as a primary vehicle for a potential customer, so I think demand and sales reflect that.

Now look at the GT500...it's based on the Mustang, itself likely a 3rd car for most people. While it's priced within reach of "average" people (not GT category), I think this type of car is most susceptible to that initial high demand, and trailing off prices and demand toward the end of its lifecycle. I don't think anyone is arguing that the GT500 has lost a bit of its luster toward the end of the 2014 run....but with all the hype about the new Mustang and it's coming performance variants, why would someone want the old one, ESPECIALLY at 20K over sticker now - that's just absurd. It's not at all surprising that it's still sitting.

going to be interesting for sure watching how Fords new Halo market is embraced by the public...Im sure some will scream at asking prices for sure...the new GT for sure, but I am curious as what the response will be the the Focus RS, and whatever else Ford has up their sleves...sure is a good time to be a car enthusiast...ESPECIALLY a FORD one.

The end of the GT and the end of the GT500 are 2 vastly different situations.

Everyone knew that there would not soon be another GT offered . . . . . . . meanwhile everyone and their mother knew that another Mustang (supposedly vastly improved with IRS, lighter weight and possibly the most gorgeous styling ever seen by man -- at least 1 of those items came true) would be available next model year.

Common sense tells me, shoot I better get my GT cuz who knows how long before they make another one, if ever. Common sense also tells me, with the sales success of the 2007-2013 halo Mustang heck Ford will be making another halo Mustang really soon and it will be based on the improved Mustang platform. It's easy to wait knowing a replacement version is right around the corner with possibly some very nice intrinsic improvements

If you want to categorize that as having lost its luster then so be it. If Ford had said at the end of the model run of 2014 GT500s that there would be no super high performance Mustang produced for years to come then you'd better believe that those 2014 GT500s would all be gone long ago.

What about the Raptor? How does the end of the last Raptor compare?

To me, expectations for reading the tea leaves after the end of the all-steel Raptor was somewhere in-between the GT & the GT500. Sales success of the Raptors told you, much like the halo Mustang, that Ford would be crazy not to produce another one but the switch to aluminum placed enough doubt about the future to make some treat it like the end of the Raptor line (i.e. the mindset that either an aluminum Raptor would not perform like a rugged steel bodied one or simply that aluminum would not allow Ford to build a Raptor class vehicle to their satisfaction and Ford would certainly not run a special line to build all steel based Raptors).

In reality it turns out that:

1) the halo Mustang will not even skip a year, yes the 137 GT350/Rs will have a 2015 VIN code but realistically the common man has no chance to get a hold of one so let's say there will be 1 model year skipped

2) the Raptor will skip 2 model years

3) the GT skipped about 10 model years

Edited by TopCat501