Ford is Moving Focus production from MAP

A official notice handed out today at MAP states that the Focus and Cmax will be moved to another country in 2018. What would be everyone's best guess to what would be a suitable replacement. Fusion & MKZ? Any rumblings out there?

11705435_868652693204100_862150362791599

Edited by wildosvt

I just saw that in the Employee Forum.

Someone posted in the Ecosport forum that they are moving it to Cuactitlian with the Fiesta and Ecosport.

As for a replacement, I have no idea, I no longer work there (I start at FRAP on Monday). If I hear any rumors though I'll let you know.

If biker gets his way, it will be the Escape

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

A official notice handed out today at MAP states that the Focus will be moved to another country in 2018. What would be everyone's best guess to what would be a suitable replacement. Fusion & MKZ? Any rumblings out there?

Ha!

it's moving to Cuautitlán where the Fiesta is currently being made.

• Like 1

Someone mentioned a rumor about this a couple days ago.

Maybe the new hybrid line that Ford has coming in the '19 MY time frame?

I wouldn't think the Fusion/MKZ would go there due to the fact that it was just moved to FRAP.

After removing the focus volume Reliably keep that plant going it needs at least 4 or more products, and that doesn't include trim levels or body styles.

Ford simply doesn't have alot of over 200,000 unit products that Can fill a 400,000 unit plant, i cannot foresee them keeping it open with only 2 shifts.

A official notice handed out today at MAP states that the Focus and Cmax will be moved to another country in 2018. What would be everyone's best guess to what would be a suitable replacement. Fusion & MKZ? Any rumblings out there?

Where did it say THAT in the announcement??

After removing the focus volume Reliably keep that plant going it needs at least 4 or more products, and that doesn't include trim levels or body styles.

Ford simply doesn't have alot of over 200,000 unit products that Can fill a 400,000 unit plant, i cannot foresee them keeping it open with only 2 shifts.

My guess is that you will see product moved from KCAP to MAP to make room at KCAP for more F-Series volume.

My guess is it MAP will get the new C3 platform hybrid and PHEV + Transit Connect and upcoming compact pickup truck.

C3 hybrid in 2017 while Focus winds down. Next generation Transit Connect and pickup in 2018 after Focus completely vacates MAP.

That will keep the plant busy with 2 shifts.

~~~ Or ~~~

Alternate hypothesis...

The timing seems to suggest the new Explorer (2018). What that says about Chicago... I don't know.

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

i think you have been drinking the hate biker kool-aid.

I own 2 focuses produced at MAP/WAP, I love my Cars.

Ford Fucked up, not me.

I was referring to your crusade to have MAP produce he Escape with Loisville since they are at max capacity

BTW, I don't hate you, I just question your logic sometimes.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

My guess is it MAP will get the new C3 platform hybrid and PHEV + Transit Connect and upcoming compact pickup truck.

C3 hybrid in 2017 while Focus winds down. Next generation Transit Connect and pickup in 2018 after Focus completely vacates MAP.

~~~ Or ~~~

Alternate hypothesis...

The timing seems to suggest the new Explorer (2018). What that says about Chicago... I don't know.

Bronco? :stirpot:

Is this a contract year?

Why it sure is!!!

--

My expectation is C/CD volume of some mix. I think any further speculation by people like us with no inside info, about something 3 years away, is likely to be wildly inaccurate.

If I had to guess, it would be Escape/Transit Connect/other stuff.

I know this will be answered in September when the highlights for the upcoming contract get put out. Just figured this would be a good topic for exploring ideas.

They had some people in the paint department and they were measuring. So it would be safe to say what ever it is its bigger than the Cmax. :)

They are obviously creating a line of brown, diesel, manual transmission only wagons and need a plant of this size to cover the obvious 3 shift production a vehicle of this stature requires.

In a genius move, all units will be parked for 1 year once produced, thus allowing them to be sold as "used" right out of the gate.

In a genius move, all units will be parked for 1 year once produced, thus allowing them to be sold as "used" right out of the gate.

I was thinking along those lines, but...

"The cars will be given to a specially trained set of employees who will drive them for a few days, leaving them with at least one impossible to find rattle, at least two inexplicable stains, and an odd smell that only emerges on very hot days."

My guess is that you will see product moved from KCAP to MAP to make room at KCAP for more F-Series volume.

So they Are going to move the Transit which just began production to MAP?

~~~ Or ~~~

Alternate hypothesis...

Will the explorer fit at MAP, space is an issue there.

I was referring to your crusade to have MAP produce he Escape with Loisville since they are at max capacity

BTW, I don't hate you, I just question your logic sometimes.

How is it illogical to add another plant when a product is already maxed out at another plant?

Fusion.... added FRAP

F-150 has KCAP and MTP

the EScape used to have KCAP and OHAP.

The Kuga was previously made on the same line as the Focus.

Again how is it illogical?

Let's meet one of those employees now.

"My name is Eugene, I've been a product distresser at Ford for about five months now. My specialty is eating fast food in the car in a very careless manner. I don't like to brag, but if your next pre-used Ford has a large stain in the driver's seat, that was probably from me eating a Big Mac while driving through a pothole."

An Alpha article:

Mexico to loom large in Ford's contract talks with the UAW
Jul 9 2015, 14:56 ET | About: Ford Motor Company (F) | By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor mail_icon.png
  • Ford (F -0.3%) plans to move production of the next-gen Focus and C-Max models to Mexico in 2018.
  • Both cars are currently produced at plants in Michigan.
  • The automaker says it will discuss the future of the Michigan plants during its upcoming contract negotiations with the UAW.
  • The big picture: Detroit automakers are expected to use the low-cost option of producing cars in Mexico as a bargaining chip in the contract talks with the UAW set to start in August. While nearly all the major automakers have added capacity in Mexico over the last year, so far it's been Canada which has been hit harder than Detroit from the trend.
Again, I do understand labor differentials and all that. I continue to wonder however about the health of Mexico as a country. Or is it not as lawless as some make it out to be??

I know this will be answered in September when the highlights for the upcoming contract get put out. Just figured this would be a good topic for exploring ideas.

They had some people in the paint department and they were measuring. So it would be safe to say what ever it is its bigger than the Cmax. :)

All it's going to say is "an exciting new product". That's what it said under the Loisville section regarding what became the MKC