2017 Mondeo/Fusion mid cycle update spy photo thread

I'm just wondering how long he's going to wait on a new CD4 taurus for the U.S. that isn't coming to admit I was right.

I think the over/under is 10 more months.

I saw one on Friday! So there is a CD4 Taurus in the US (It was the Chinese Version) :)

I did see a really interesting Camo vehicle, it was about 1" shorter in height than the Edge (it was sitting in a lot with about 500 Edge's) but much longer. Looked to have cutouts for sliding doors, or at least larger rear doors, had a hatch on the back, but had Ford Style. If I see it out again I'll get some photo's I was going 40 and didn't have time to loop around with the Michigan left. I almost think it was a Flex replacement, it had a very long but areo snout.

Back on this topic, the Fusion/MKZ and Escape mules are out in force. I do wonder when each is going to be shown, on the Auto Show Circuit or before. Looking at the next model year Ford has a full launch year.

I saw one on Friday! So there is a CD4 Taurus in the US (It was the Chinese Version) :)

I did see a really interesting Camo vehicle, it was about 1" shorter in height than the Edge (it was sitting in a lot with about 500 Edge's) but much longer. Looked to have cutouts for sliding doors, or at least larger rear doors, had a hatch on the back, but had Ford Style. If I see it out again I'll get some photo's I was going 40 and didn't have time to loop around with the Michigan left. I almost think it was a Flex replacement, it had a very long but areo snout.

Back on this topic, the Fusion/MKZ and Escape mules are out in force. I do wonder when each is going to be shown, on the Auto Show Circuit or before. Looking at the next model year Ford has a full launch year.

that mule you saw was probably an s-max or grand c-max

that mule you saw was probably an s-max or grand c-max

The new S-Max/Galaxy's doesn't have the puffy Camo anymore now that they have been shown, once a model is shown the puffy camo goes away they still might have the B/W stickers though. It also looked much larger than those, I also saw a smaller hatchback (Sonic size) a few weeks ago, that one had no sound and no tailpipe.

according to my home-made textfile database, the new MKX is 2.4" lower than the Edge...

...just saying

(tho hoping for something Else!)

Could have been a 3 Row MKX, but the snout/Windshield was more Ford than Lincoln.

New flex?

I'm listening....

My wife and I were just discussing that this weekend. We would love to replace ours with another in a few years if they are still around (not looking good at this point). She likes it better than the Explorer due to the room in the second row.

I'm listening....

My wife and I were just discussing that this weekend. We would love to replace ours with another in a few years if they are still around (not looking good at this point). She likes it better than the Explorer due to the room in the second row.

I agree it's not looking good, but maybe our speculation is wrong? Ford hasn't really said anything one way or the other on the matter yet

...Could have been a 3 Row MKX, but the snout/Windshield was more Ford than Lincoln.

I've got a '''theory''' about basing an MKT replacement off the Flex with some MKX sheetmetal

AND doing a stretched-wlb/shorter-overhangs MKS while they're at it

but

I won't mention that or post chops cuz some people seem upset by speculation

;wink;

Edited by 2b2

I've got a '''theory''' about basing an MKT replacement off the Flex with some MKX sheetmetal

AND doing a stretched-wlb/shorter-overhangs MKS while they're at it

but

I won't mention that or post chops cuz some people seem upset by speculation

Don't worry about 'some people', post it!

The CUV I can see maybe doing. It's probably a long shot. If Flex does make it to a second generation, I have to believe MKT will too.

The MKS however, has no chance in hell. They've already said that MKS is dead once Continental launches and a short wheelbase version can't be much better/different than the already existing MKZ (which BTW is also getting its MCE next year)

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

I agree it's not looking good, but maybe our speculation is wrong? Ford hasn't really said anything one way or the other on the matter yet

When you look at the sales numbers, the Flex's segment in the Ford lineup is crying for a replacement that sells at a much higher rate (with presumably comparable margins). I like the Flex too, but think Ford has to do some soul searching to determine the best use of that production capacity - they are missing lots of profit in that segment - but I'm not really sure what that segment is. Full size CUV? Minivan? Something else?

When you look at the sales numbers, the Flex's segment in the Ford lineup is crying for a replacement that sells at a much higher rate (with presumably comparable margins). I like the Flex too, but think Ford has to do some soul searching to determine the best use of that production capacity - they are missing lots of profit in that segment - but I'm not really sure what that segment is. Full size CUV? Minivan? Something else?

The Full sized CUV market is handled by the Explorer already. Not sure if there is much growth or profit in the minivan market. The Flex is unique, which is both a good and bad thing, but at least its bones are shared with several other products, so it doesn't hurt Ford's bottom line that much.

I guess Ford has to figure out what they want to do next or what markets to expand into.

Most likely a mule for the Grand C-Max mid cycle update. The timing makes sense because C-Max and Escape are twined program.

The Edge 3 Rows are here as well, they are easy to spot with the LED DRL's and fog lights where the US has the Accent lights (that you really can't see during the day) I can't figure out why Ford doesn't have real LED DRL's on its US vehicles (escape/focus are exceptions) and instead just uses the accent lights that you can't see, but that is another topic.

Here is a crappy picture I got this morning. I really don't think it will be sold here. If it is, it will bomb. Looks similar in shape to the Pacifica/Freestyle, Very Tall Wagon esk.

IMG 0152

IMG 0154

No, it's already been shown so it wouldn't be in heavy camo

I don’t know if the presence of camo means anything. Last year, while visiting family in SE Michigan, I saw a 2015 Mustang in full camo in a Livonia restaurant parking lot. This was after the new model was announced to the public and after it was displayed at several auto shows. Don’t ask me why they kept camo on a car that was no longer a secret.

Those spy photos are of the new Chrysler minivan.

I'm told that 2016 is the final MY for the MKT, Flex, and Taurus in the US which is why their production schedule is happening simultaneously and scheduled so late (to run to 2017). There are no plans for the Chinese Taurus in the US.

Edited by BORG

I really hope that isn't true. If it is Chrysler just walked away from the minivan market. The Japanese/Koreans will KILL THIS. It might be the the next Dodge Journey thought. Just odd its been hanging out in Dearborn so much, could be from Watson though.

I'm told that 2016 is the final MY for the MKT, Flex, and Taurus in the US which is why their production schedule is happening simultaneously and scheduled so late (to run to 2017). There are no plans for the Chinese Taurus in the US.

Not overly suprising about the Flex or MKT. I wonder if the 3 row Edge will take the Flex' spot in the lineup. The new Edge is quite luxurious so it should be able to command a good premium.