The Lincoln MKT apparently is popular in South Dakota

Speaking of which, Connecticut gets the Impreza. I see so many of those damn things (especially that XV thing). But surprised it has the biggest percentage difference as they seem pretty popular in most of the North East.

Edit: Looks like CT gets to be part of New Sweden as well...

In Connecticut, the Subaru Impreza sells at 441 percent the national average, while five Volvo models, including the XC70, V60 Cross Country, S80, S60 and XC60, all have market shares in Connecticut more than twice their national averages.

Edited by Intrepidatious

Not sure how they got the numbers, but I haven't seen one KIA EV in CA? More like camry or civic. My guess is fuzzy math. If they sold 1000 Kias and every other state sold 100 that means it sold 900% more than the national avg.??

Edited by Hydro

Take that, boring neighbor states with predictable favorites!!

South Dakotans also seem to have an affinity for Aston Martins, which is even more impressive considering they have to go to either the Denver or Minneapolis-St.Paul regions to visit an Aston Martin dealership.

In South Dakota the Aston Martin DB9 and Vanquish each have market shares more than five times their respective national averages.

Not sure how they got the numbers, but I haven't seen one KIA EV in CA? More like camry or civic. My guess is fuzzy math. If they sold 1000 Kias and every other state sold 100 that means it sold 900% more than the national avg.??

The R&T article in the original post focuses on automotive brands and models that are popular among retail consumers in specific states compared to the USA as a whole. The calculation entails taking each brand/model share of the U.S. market overall and multiplying it by retail registrations in each state. This yields a “target” for the state markets. Target registrations are then subtracted from actual registrations to derive the measurement of sales performance for each brand/model at the state level.

New Kia Soul EV availability is limited to ten states: California, Georgia, Texas, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Maryland. Of these, California has by far the most Soul EV retail registrations as of 2015.

Edited by aneekr

South Dakotans also seem to have an affinity for Aston Martins, which is even more impressive considering they have to go to either the Denver or Minneapolis-St.Paul regions to visit an Aston Martin dealership.

I'm pretty sure that equates to like, two of each in the whole state.

BTW: I can tell you where one of the Aston Martins lives--I know the owners of two of them by reputation.

Edited by RichardJensen

I remember seeing an MKT picture with the new Continental grille, it transformed the look in a good way...

Well well, could it just be the traditional radiator style grille is what all the Lincolns needed all along instead of looking like Oldsmobile and Pontiac split grille motiffs?

Edited by StangBang

Let's also be fair, you could sell 3 in South Dakota and that would be a disproportionate amount.

But to be totally fair, the same could be said of sales in Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota and to a certain extent Nebraska, yet all those states have boring "most popular" choices.

I attribute it to the infestation of doctors in this state.

I agree. The outside isn't the prettiest but an awful vehicle it isn't.

Between it and a flex, I always tell people if I were to travel across country as a passenger, that's what I want to ride in.

I agree. Even the Pontiac Aztec was a really nice car once you could overlook the poor styling.

As far as the MKT goes, I think it is the front and the back view that ruin it. I actually think it is attractive from the side view.

I agree. Even the Pontiac Aztec was a really nice car once you could overlook the poor styling.

As far as the MKT goes, I think it is the front and the back view that ruin it. I actually think it is attractive from the side view.

Owners of Aztecs and Flexes (including MKT) love their vehicles.

If you've ever driven one you would understand.

• Like 1

I can't understand the Aztec and rendezvous love. At least the flex and mkt have very nice interiors. However, to each their own.

Completely unrelated, but while I've got you here....

I got the recall notice for the EPAS unit in my Fusion. Haven't taken it in yet because I haven't had any issues--or at least I haven't noticed any, and my understanding is that if it passes inspection, they close the recall, and if you have problems down the line you're on your own.

Anyway, I was changing the oil last week and I noticed that the passenger side seal on the EPAS seems to be leaking. The shaft coming out of the unit had grease on it.

What's the story on that? Is that related to the EPAS recall, or what?

I can't understand the Aztec and rendezvous love. At least the flex and mkt have very nice interiors. However, to each their own.

Ride quality. Minivan room and dynamics without the minivan look. Etc.

As far as interiors, the Aztec interior was nice for its time. Ford interiors weren't all that fantastic when the Aztek launched. It was the 90s.

Honestly, I will never understand the "bash-fest" that MKT endures. It is a fine car.

I never understood the hate either. I do think it would benefit from new MKZ/Continental front end styling. It would be interesting to see if the remaining production run enjoys a sales boost or not.

Honestly, I will never understand the "bash-fest" that MKT endures. It is a fine car.

I got to ride in one as a livery car going to the airport in the past year...the rear seat space wasn't as nice as the Town Car L (they even had the passenger set all the way forward!) and I wasn't really impressed with the interior either...it didn't seem any nicer then my SHO and the Flex's I've been in looked better IMO...then again maybe if the soft touch surfaces had some dressing on them (they looked kind of dusty/dingy) it would have looked more luxurious.

The styling is really a mixed bag...the concept looked good, but the production model is pretty terrible.