'17 Fusion Sport with 380TQ.

Yes, MKZ is not worth the upgrade because it's only 65HP more than Fusion Sport...uhuh.

Man EcoBoost is allot of fun, nobody can compare to Ford on power right now.

Comon make your mind up....your the one bitching about how "inefficient" ecoboost engines are vs the competition in another thread here.

The MKZ has the intelligent AWD system that is found in the Focus RS, which is a huge improvement over what the Sport offers (which is my only bitch about the Fusion Sport, outside of maybe making it more cosmetically different then rest of the range)

• Like 1

Comon make your mind up....your the one bitching about how "inefficient" ecoboost engines are vs the competition in another thread here.

The MKZ has the intelligent AWD system that is found in the Focus RS, which is a huge improvement over what the Sport offers (which is my only bitch about the Fusion Sport, outside of maybe making it more cosmetically different then rest of the range)

Perhaps the change to make the Sport any more different may bring up the question why is it not called a ST? Another request I have for Ford is can you please put the EB23 in the Platinum version?

Was debating on a Mustang for my next car but this is extremely tempting.

Plus once the tuners get ahold of this car.. you will be seeing 375/450 easily IMO.

This is what Livernois has done with it in the F-150

431757d1463598972-livernois-motorsports-

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP631127

I use their Tune on my SHO for the past 50K miles without any problems

@slvrsvt

I've been following livernois on the Explorer forum for years and all love their tunes. Only thing I do not like is the tuner is locked to them so you can't load anyone else's tunes unlike the SCT x4 for example.

Looks like about 420hp and 475tq at the crank with a 20% driveline loss. This car is going to be incredible tuned.

Need to add that although the motor does well, not sure if the tranny/awd combo can handle that high of an increase in power to be long term reliable

Here's the thing...the tunes don't affect the torque mitigation/other things for everyday driving. Yes, the car is a bit more snappy/faster than an untuned one, but if you shut down the AdvancedTrac (on the Performance Package SHO's at least), it turns the car into monster in a straight line. I was playing with it one day and almost made my wife vomit from her getting pushed into the seat...but she has sensitive stomach anyways LOL.

Only issue I've seen with SHO's (tune or not) is PTU problems...but often wonder if that is the driver driving like a jackass. The performance package has a cooler for it, so that helps. Wonder how they handling that on the Fusion Sport?

Here's the thing...the tunes don't affect the torque mitigation/other things for everyday driving. Yes, the car is a bit more snappy/faster than an untuned one, but if you shut down the AdvancedTrac (on the Performance Package SHO's at least), it turns the car into monster in a straight line. I was playing with it one day and almost made my wife vomit from her getting pushed into the seat...but she has sensitive stomach anyways LOL.

Only issue I've seen with SHO's (tune or not) is PTU problems...but often wonder if that is the driver driving like a jackass. The performance package has a cooler for it, so that helps. Wonder how they handling that on the Fusion Sport?

There are PTU problems with the Explorers as well both Ecoboost and non Ecoboost motors. They develop leaks and the whole "lifetime fluid" is complete crap. After 50k the fluid is black and smells burnt. There are a few who have tried to change it out at about 90k and it wasn't even fluid any longer.. it was more like black tar.

The PTU is not lifetime I don't care what Ford says and it is a week link in the drivetrain. Add higher HP into these and vehicles and the PTU which takes a little over a pint.. yes a pint of fluid gets toast quickly.

Take a look at these pics.. this was 77k with no towing.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxOhJ9QKfWhJU2w1RVFKekQta00/view

* off topic a little but since we mentioned drivetrain concerns and PTU came up...

Edited by blwnsmoke

So if the 2017 Fusion Sport gets 325 bhp/380 lb-ft, I wonder if the 2017 Edge Sport will get an upgrade from the current 315 bhp/350 lb-ft? 30 lb-ft of torque would be noticeable.

Interesting that the 380 lb ft breaks through the old 350 lb ft limit for the 6F55..

In Europe and ROW markets, Mondeo probably won't get the 2.7EB, so the best we can hope for

is that Ford Europe engineers the 2.3EB into where the 2.0EB now fits, that would be kinda cool.

especially if it came with the Focus RS manual trans

Edited by jpd80

Interesting that the 380 lb ft breaks through the old 350 lb ft limit for the 6F55..

In Europe and ROW markets, Mondeo probably won't get the 2.7EB, so the best we can hope for

is that Ford Europe engineers the 2.3EB into where the 2.0EB now fits, that would be kinda cool.

especially if it came with the Focus RS manual trans

O_o I would figure out a way to buy one tomorrow if that was available