Ford Flex Ceases Production in 2020

I think they're putting all their hybrid eggs in the new C platform and possibly CD6. I'm certain the next Escape will be slightly longer and offer at least a hybrid if not a PHEV.

Still not sure whether Fusion and Edge stay on CD4, move to CD6 or they make an even bigger C platform.

I think they're putting all their hybrid eggs in the new C platform and possibly CD6. I'm certain the next Escape will be slightly longer and offer at least a hybrid if not a PHEV.

Still not sure whether Fusion and Edge stay on CD4, move to CD6 or they make an even bigger C platform.

Oh certainly at this point they are, but this move should've been made while transferring Edge/MKX to CD4.

Escape better have a hybrid/PHEV model. And I think it's likely if it's related to the "Model E and friends" like we're thinking.

Ah, I forgot you've mentioned that before.

Edge/MKX should've had it included, though, when they retooled the plant.

Battery location was a major concern for a hybrid SUV. Remember the fusion seats don't fold down. That's not acceptable in a crossover. The new CD6 platform will like allow for the batteries to be place below the floor pan. Similar to the new accord and Tesla S.

Battery location was a major concern for a hybrid SUV. Remember the fusion seats don't fold down. That's not acceptable in a crossover. The new CD6 platform will like allow for the batteries to be place below the floor pan. Similar to the new accord and Tesla S.

I didn't realize the Fusion Hybrid's seats don't fold down.

Remember the fusion seats don't fold down.

I heard that about the previous generation. The current versions do fold down and allow good access to the trunk. They do fold down in my 2013 Energi as well, but the 7kWh battery is between the rear wheels leaving little more than a mail slot sized opening when the seats are down.

For all this talk about hybrids, the sales have been slipping since 2013...which more or less corresponds with gas prices dropping

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1108483_hybrid-market-share-peaked-in-2013-down-since-then

Full electric has been going up, but overall numbers are minuscule vs ICE powered cars.

Gas being cheap has helped suppress hybrid sales, but you know eventually it'll go back up, and it's important to not be left behind when it does.

For all this talk about hybrids, the sales have been slipping since 2013...which more or less corresponds with gas prices dropping

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1108483_hybrid-market-share-peaked-in-2013-down-since-then

Full electric has been going up, but overall numbers are minuscule vs ICE powered cars.

...because most hybrids are cars and car sales are declining in the US?

Edited by jpd80

...because most hybrids are cars and car sales are declining in the US?

45K Rav4 hybrids where sold in the US last year out of 352,154 total production

24,681 Fusion Hybrids where sold in 2015, out of a total of 300,170

In 2016 it increased slightly to 33,648 for the Fusion

Just give it time, we will be at war with someone soon and gas prices will go back up again. Even with the situation in Venezuela its already being reported gas prices would go up .30 cents approx so hopefully Ford doesn't get caught with it's pants down.