Focus/Fiesta Owners Sue for Faulty Transmissions

I really can't say I'm surprised. Ford should go ahead and offer current owners extra incentives to trade those in on something else.

Had they been smart and just switched to the 6F when they did the update they probably could have gotten people to switch. Don't know who made the plan to double down on it but hopefully they were just let go.

• Like 2

Color me surprised...i tried to order a manual in the focus..bastards wont let me at ford..and they wonder why focus levels have plumented..really in this day and age ford should have known better than let this issue continue as long as it has..

• Like 2

Color me surprised...i tried to order a manual in the focus..bastards wont let me at ford..and they wonder why focus levels have plumented..really in this day and age ford should have known better than let this issue continue as long as it has..

This was the old Ford poking up again simple as that, they don't care about a car that they make 0-$1500 on. F-150 makes the most money just sell those.

This was the old Ford poking up again simple as that, they don't care about a car that they make 0-$1500 on. F-150 makes the most money just sell those.

Yea..kinda explains why ranger was put out to pasture as long as it has been...ford suits did not want any small truck stealing f150 sales....kinda explains all this lectric car crap as well....tryin to offset truck mpg with lectric trash nobody wanted....

Edited by snooter

Kinda wonder how this will end up after everything that's gone on already. I bought a 2012 brand new almost six years ago and have had the stereotypical transmission issues, but nothing critical happened until about a year ago at around 65k miles when I needed a new TCM (I got the latest clutch plates in the process though because the dealership thought that was the issue originally). Since that fix the car drives quite well; better than it did originally in fact. I also had door latch failures which were finally fixed under recall. It's a shame because outside of these issues it's been a really good car. I'm hoping the car lasts with the fixes it's had because it's been paid off for a year and I like the fuel efficiency.

• Like 3

Color me surprised...i tried to order a manual in the focus..bastards wont let me at ford..

You could order a manual in a Titanium up until the '15 model year, and a nicely equipped '16 SE too. It's your own fault of waiting too long if you couldn't get what you wanted.

I would think Ford, on average, loses money on every non-ST and RS sale after warranty claims ate factored in.

Firing Fields was not enough for you?

Nope. A few powertrain engineers and management need to be let go too.

The lawsuit says Ford has issued more than 20 technical service bulletins relating to the affected models, but has been unable to find a "consistently reliable repair."

That is just gross negligence. I don't even own one of these vehicles and I want to be part of the lawsuit.

• Like 2

You could order a manual in a Titanium up until the '15 model year, and a nicely equipped '16 SE too. It's your own fault of waiting too long if you couldn't get what you wanted.

Yea its my fault....some of the logic here from some is just idiotic...

Yea its my fault....some of the logic here from some is just idiotic...

Yeah, it is.

When I found out Ford was basically discontinuing the manual for '17 I didn't whine about it. I ordered a loaded up '16 SE 5-speed before the order banks closed. Just because you didn't have the foresight to do it you don't need to call yourself names.

Cheer up little buddy. The sun will rise again tomorrow. Maybe in 10 years when I have 300k+ on it I'll let you buy it.

Buying Corollas and Camrys led people to buy Tundra when they entered the truck market.

So sure. Ignore your entry vehicles and lose sales for the next 20 years.

• Like 1

Buying Corollas and Camrys led people to buy Tundra when they entered the truck market.

So sure. Ignore your entry vehicles and lose sales for the next 20 years.

Exactly, add to that a s*** transmission on their Focus and they will enjoy their CRV and Pilots for the next 30 years.

• Like 1

Last month over 17,000 buyers bought that crappy Powershift equipped Focus...

Focus seems to be holding its own against the much newer Cruze...

I have to ask what could have been with simply switching to the 6F at the last MCE,

elsewhere in the world Focus comes with 1.5 Ecoboost, that auto and a 6MT..

Such a pity that Ford cheaped out for the last few years.

• Like 1

Exactly, add to that a s*** transmission on their Focus and they will enjoy their CRV and Pilots for the next 30 years.

Although I think Ford is completely screwed this up. Honda is not immune to issues either. They just happen to have built a good reputation over the years. Plenty of Honda needed transmissions and alternators and window regulators and ac compressors and struts. Just like every other manufacturer.

The only problem with the focus is this transmission can't be fixed. It's a design characteristic.

Edited by fordtech1
  • Like 1

What's screwed up is the opportunity to build a bridge and repair the damage of Powershift before the end,

a couple of years sales on the 6F gearbox would have answered buyers on this Focus instead of leaving questions.

Ford Nth America once again cheaps out on fixing a problem that has already been remedied in the ROW Focus.