2018 Mustang Hp/Tq Numbers

Surprising that in a Mustang power and torque thread, we want to talk about the cost fully loaded cars.

Surely the focus should be on the very great news that this Mustang may finally match or beat the performance of the SS,

I think that alone should be room for leniency on judging the cost of a fully loaded Mustang versus a fully loaded Camaro.

There's still a gap between a Premium Mustang and a 2SS Camaro so maybe Ford is looking at giving

those buyers what it think they have been asking for.....peformance and a package that matches the Camaro.

So the question should be 2017 Premium GT versus 2018 Premium GT, what do you get for the extra $3,000 MSRP cost?

Edited by jpd80

So the question should be 2017 Premium GT versus 2018 Premium GT, what do you get for the extra $3,000 MSRP cost?

One thing that did stand out is the Premium '18 GT comes with heated and cooled seats for the front, which heated seats are just an option on the '17 GT...but that is only a $500 or so option.

This will be my last post on the matter, just want to share the FACTS. The starting price difference between a 2018 GT Premium 400a versus a 2017 GT Premium 400a is less than $2000:

2018 GT Premium 400a: $39,995 (includes destination)

2017 GT Premium 400a: $38,095 (includes destination)

Now I agree, when you start adding options, the price difference does increase. But you are adding content at that point that did not exist for the 2017 model (such as 12" digital instrument cluster, knee bolsters, wrapped center console etc).

Edited by 02MustangGT
  • Like 1

I wish they could have made a version of this 5.0 available for the Raptor, with a bump of the torque rating.

The only problem is that the F-150 and Mustang haven't gotten the same power/torque ratings from the same mill for, oh, the last 30+ years. The tuning for truck duty leaves the F-150's mill down on both.

The only problem is that the F-150 and Mustang haven't gotten the same power/torque ratings from the same mill for, oh, the last 30+ years. The tuning for truck duty leaves the F-150's mill down on both.

Sure, I understand, but I wouldn't have mind if they threw a supercharger on it to get the numbers up.

I suspect that has to do with tuning F Series to perform on reegular gas versus Mustang ratings optimized on premium grade

I suspect that has to do with tuning F Series to perform on reegular gas versus Mustang ratings optimized on premium grade

More likely that the F series is tuned for more torque at lower RPM and to withstand towing and hauling better.

• Like 2