2019 Ford Ranger Speculation thread

Consider the new Ranger as a product that covers both the older Ranger 2WD single cab pick up all the way up to a 4x4 Sport Trac

so it's going to mean different things to different people. Hopefully, Ranger casts a wide enough net to capture all those buyers who

are looking for something not as big and cumbersome as an F150..

Merry Christmas folks..

Just hope since Ford is coming to the party late, that the truck will still be be a success.

I've been reading so much on it lately, I can't remember if it scheduled for May 2018 or May 2019 :spend:

Edited by jniffen

Just hope since Ford is coming to the party late, that the truck will still be be a success.

I've been reading so much on it lately, I can't remember if it scheduled for May 2018 or May 2019 :spend:

Production at MAP starts in Q4 later this year....

I can say with total confidence that this blue Ranger is not what the US is getting. The US Ranger will have a grille with straight sides and nostrils (at least on FX4). This one also has the ROW rear backlight but the US Ranger uses the same one as the F150. The US Ranger will also have new taillights and tailgate. I think it's safe to say that styling wise the US Ranger will have some exterior differences compared to the updated ROW Ranger.

I dont know, Im getting this sneaking suspicion the US version is not going to deviate much from the ROW Ranger on the exterior. Im really hoping wrong, but all the spy shots arent suggesting much of a difference to me. Not that I think it is bad looking but I was hoping for a lot more differentiation.

Im also not really digging the size and shape of those side vents.

Edited by tbone

There is no full redesign, that's it until 2022.

Seriously guys,

we've seen this Ranger coming for years, Ford US is not gonna pay for an all new mid sized truck.

This is all about a truck with styling that works against the other mid sized offering.

and for god's sake remember that this is the global version of the truck, not quite the same as the US version.

No point in stating the obvious.

No point in stating the obvious.

Sometimes it hard to stomach when all the "not invented here" knives are coming out.

Trust me, the LHD version of this truck will be much better than the "can't be bothered" lazy ass RHD on the Mustang.

that was sent to us with a $15K premium. FAPA vehicles are designed to be mirror image RHD / LHD versions

Edited by jpd80

Job 1 is late November

Such a shame that Ford didn't stay linked to Mazda and building the BT50 version of T6 in the US

When is last call on Focus April / May or later than that?

Seriously, if it's a seven month lay off then that's just ridiculous.

do you have any chance of work over at FRAP or Dearborn truck?

and how friggin cold is it there mate, I'm shivering watching the news...

Edited by jpd80

May 3rd.

That sucks, is that to do with Ford losing patience with Focus production, or are they that terrible with plant changeover?

Screw Ford, I care about the people that work at the plants just as much as the products they make.

Edited by jpd80

Such a shame that Ford didn't stay linked to Mazda and building the BT50 version of T6 in the US

When is last call on Focus April / May or later than that?

yeah, May 3rd

Seriously, if it's a seven month lay off then that's just ridiculous.

do you have any chance of work over at FRAP or Dearborn truck?

I have no idea. They wont tell us anything. I wont be going back any time soon if its true theyre only bringing back one shift

and how friggin cold is it there mate, I'm shivering watching the news...

as of this morning when I got up to take the car in for service the car said 8. Tonight night and Tomorrow night the low is supposed to be -5 F with a wind chill somewhere near -30
  • Like 1

That sucks, is that to do with Ford losing patience with Focus production, or are they that terrible with plant changeover?

Good question. Funny thing is, IIRC, there are scheduled down weeks for MAP. I would think you'd want to just work straight through and shut down earlier.

But that's me.

Good question. Funny thing is, IIRC, there are scheduled down weeks for MAP. I would think you'd want to just work straight through and shut down earlier.

But that's me.

you talking about this week and next week?

Theyre starting with some of the construction for changeover these 2 weeks and they cant have any of the lines running to do it.

Maybe. Been awhile since I've checked.

I checked yesterday even though I already knew theres nothing planned from when we go back on the 16th to when we shut down in May. Theyre actually scheduling us 5 days a week until then. Edited by fuzzymoomoo