7.3 Pushrods?

Back on topic, if the 7.3 gasser ends up being a pushrod design, could it end up being similar to the 6.7L Scorpion and have 4 valve heads, reverse flow, etc.?

I doubt it. Reverse flow only makes sense when it will be turbo in the valley. Don't think they will be putting a turbo on the new 7x

The primary application for 7X is to replace the 6.8L V-10 in F-450 and larger commercial trucks. I just hope that the engine is optimized for medium duty service because that's what Ford needs now, not really another engine option for the Raptor or Mustang.

This dealer is supposedly one of the highest volume Raptor dealers in the country. My guess if so he probably knows something:

• Like 1

I doubt it. Reverse flow only makes sense when it will be turbo in the valley. Don't think they will be putting a turbo on the new 7x

No reason for reverse flow on a naturally aspirated engine but could definitely see multiple intake or even exhaust valves per cylinder though.

Reverse flow would be easier to package and might even be a little easier to work on. For CNG, Propane or Hydrogen, they could turbocharge it easier if it were reverse flow.

The primary application for 7X is to replace the 6.8L V-10 in F-450 and larger commercial trucks. I just hope that the engine is optimized for medium duty service because that's what Ford needs now, not really another engine option for the Raptor or Mustang.

This dealer is supposedly one of the highest volume Raptor dealers in the country. My guess if so he probably knows something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-YZ_QTpqLE

So the rumors have gotten so strong that people are waiting to buy and dealers have to go make videos trying to convince guys to settle for the currently available engine. Sounds like Ford now has no choice but to deliver or risk disappointing lots of potential buyers lol.

Also, of course the 2019 model won't have the 7.x. We've known for a while now that the first prototypes don't get built until Nov/Dec. So it'd be the 2020 model before the engine is ready for actual production.

Edited by Sevensecondsuv
  • Like 1

Two guys at work are waiting on the V8 to replace 2012s so if its not coming there are going to be in my view a fair amount of dissappointed potential customers. Would have been on my shopping list when I bought my SD but no V8 crosses it off my list.

With the SD and 150 sharing so many components now if they are not going to put 7 liter in just offer the 6.2 as base motor in Raptor for those who must have a V8.

Edited by Steve557

Kirby, I actually feel sorry for you. You're the moderator and have to read this stuff. I can just skip it.

I actually don't read everything. If something bad happens someone will usually report it.

Besides, we have 3 other moderators....or I guess 2 since RJ has made himself scarce lately.

Edited by akirby