Dodge Teases 2019 Challenger (reveal today?)

Anthony

Challenger Hellcat RedEye (797 horsepower).

https://www.allpar.com/news/2018/06/2019-challenger-hellcat-redeye-packs-797-horsepower-41173

This morning, Dodge announced that the Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye will arrive for the 2019 model year with a whopping 797 horsepower and 707 lb-ft of torque, making this the most powerful production road car from an American automaker for 2019 – comfortably beating the Corvette ZR1 at just 755 horsepower. We have long-known that there was more Hellcat power coming for 2019, but at 797 horsepower, the Hellcat Redeye exceeds our expectations.

Are the Challenger and Charger on their way to becoming the old Jeep Grand Wagoneer of the 21st century? Namely, vehicles so unchanged - and increasingly outdated - that they become more distinctive with each passing year, and thus "in"?

• 2 weeks later...

Are the Challenger and Charger on their way to becoming the old Jeep Grand Wagoneer of the 21st century? Namely, vehicles so unchanged - and increasingly outdated - that they become more distinctive with each passing year, and thus "in"?

Why fix what ain't broke?

I'd love a Challenger.

Why fix what ain't broke?

I'd love a Challenger.

I agree, they may be old as the hills, but Dodge manages to inject a little more excitement into them every year which keeps them relevant with their the target audience. ...and I'd love a Challenger.