Jump to content
  • Custom Search


Bellanca

Ordered: 2020 Aviator

Recommended Posts

Well, I put a deposit down today for the new Aviator, Black Label Flight Theme in Flight Blue. The salesman told me they’re hoping to be in around the June timeframe. Needless to say, I’m excited!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s interesting that some dealers make you put a deposit down on an order. I have never had to do that. I can understand if it was a unusual color or configuration, but for a normal desirable vehicle it doesn’t make sense to me. They should pay you interest in your money. 

Nevertheless, congrats on the new pending vehicle. That is exciting. 

Edited by tbone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I look at it as a deposit to ensure you get first chance at the vehicle when it arrives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats!  Jealous. 

I spoke with my long-time salesman on Friday and he wasn’t able to provide much insight into price and/or availability.  Looks like I’m in a holding pattern until Lincoln Canada releases more information to the dealers up here. 

Might not be a bad thing.... I’ve been ‘burned’ countless times buying one of the first off the assembly line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, akirby said:

I look at it as a deposit to ensure you get first chance at the vehicle when it arrives.

I dont..  deposits are fully refundable so there is no point.  My 2020 Explorer has my name listed on the computerized order and will be printed on the window sticker (just like my f350 was)... thats good enough for me.

There is zero reason to put money down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Bellanca said:

Well, I put a deposit down today for the new Aviator, Black Label Flight Theme in Flight Blue. The salesman told me they’re hoping to be in around the June timeframe. Needless to say, I’m excited!

Not the GT?  When I was pricing out a GT Reserve II it s almost the same price as the Black Label 3.0.  And with the tax incentives will be substantially less.  And the Reserve II has all of the same luxury items (maybe slighlty less quality on the leather). but for a substantial increase in hp, torque and hopefully mpg.........I would be waiting to see the performance difference between the GT and standard 3.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

I dont..  deposits are fully refundable so there is no point.  My 2020 Explorer has my name listed on the computerized order and will be printed on the window sticker (just like my f350 was)... thats good enough for me.

There is zero reason to put money down.

 

I agree its not necessary but it makes it harder for the dealer to sell it to someone else first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, msm859 said:

Not the GT?  When I was pricing out a GT Reserve II it s almost the same price as the Black Label 3.0.  And with the tax incentives will be substantially less.  And the Reserve II has all of the same luxury items (maybe slighlty less quality on the leather). but for a substantial increase in hp, torque and hopefully mpg.........I would be waiting to see the performance difference between the GT and standard 3.0

If I needed (or wanted) a larger 3-row crossover I would have waited a few months and gotten the Aviator but would also have avoided the GT, but not because I didn't lust after the extra power but purely because where I live now I don't have the ability to do home charging, making the "plug-in" feature a problem I'd rather avoid. I hope that in a few years when the Nautilus gets redesigned I'll have moved to somewhere I can do overnight charging, as I expect the Naut (a vehicle that's just the right size for me) will then get a performance hybrid trim as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

If I needed (or wanted) a larger 3-row crossover I would have waited a few months and gotten the Aviator but would also have avoided the GT, but not because I didn't lust after the extra power but purely because where I live now I don't have the ability to do home charging, making the "plug-in" feature a problem I'd rather avoid. I hope that in a few years when the Nautilus gets redesigned I'll have moved to somewhere I can do overnight charging, as I expect the Naut (a vehicle that's just the right size for me) will then get a performance hybrid trim as well.

While that might be a legitimate concern for some, I would be surprised if there are too many people spending $70k+ on a car that don't have a garage/space to plug in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, msm859 said:

Not the GT?  When I was pricing out a GT Reserve II it s almost the same price as the Black Label 3.0.  And with the tax incentives will be substantially less.  And the Reserve II has all of the same luxury items (maybe slighlty less quality on the leather). but for a substantial increase in hp, torque and hopefully mpg.........I would be waiting to see the performance difference between the GT and standard 3.0

It’s a $7K difference between the two when equipped the same way(BL/BL GT), and the wheels on the GT don’t look nearly as good as those on the standard Black Label, but that’s just my opinion. The 3.0L is more than adequate in my Continental so I have little concern about it being underpowered. The Black Labels are so much nicer inside than the Reserves, again just my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bellanca said:

It’s a $7K difference between the two when equipped the same way(BL/BL GT), and the wheels on the GT don’t look nearly as good as those on the standard Black Label, but that’s just my opinion. The 3.0L is more than adequate in my Continental so I have little concern about it being underpowered. The Black Labels are so much nicer inside than the Reserves, again just my opinion. 

Well I have not personally seen either.  Currently have a 2017 Platinum Explorer - very nice interior.  I have told my wife though her next car will be a PHEV.  A problem with the BL for me is we have no BL certified dealers around, so all that "extra" on the treatment does not help me .   I believe the Reserve II actually comes with some nice wheels on the GT so it would have to be a pretty impressive upgrade for the interior to justify $6k. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don’t have a dealer that is completely understandable; the GT can only be sized with the 21” wheels, at least on the BL, whereas the Reserve II comes with a 22” wheel. The design of the 22” is much more appealing to me(both on the Reserve and the BL). Honestly though I think this is such a sharp rig that you really can’t go wrong with either trim. I am curious to see the range on the GT though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bellanca said:

If you don’t have a dealer that is completely understandable; the GT can only be sized with the 21” wheels, at least on the BL, whereas the Reserve II comes with a 22” wheel. The design of the 22” is much more appealing to me(both on the Reserve and the BL). Honestly though I think this is such a sharp rig that you really can’t go wrong with either trim. I am curious to see the range on the GT though. Reserve II 

I am waiting for the range as well - need at least 30 miles to be serious.  My review of the order guide though shows the Reserve II in the GT also has the 21" wheels.  Only the Standard 3.0 Reserve II comes with the 22" wheels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me I’d want at least 40 because as we all know that number will be assuming ideal conditions; my round trip commute to work is ~40 miles. I really do hate stopping at the gas station at times, it’d be nice to come home and just plug in. Maybe they’ll reveal some figures when the NY show happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, msm859 said:

I am waiting for the range as well - need at least 30 miles to be serious.  My review of the order guide though shows the Reserve II in the GT also has the 21" wheels.  Only the Standard 3.0 Reserve II comes with the 22" wheels.

Actually, with BL the range for complimentary pick-up and drop-off for maintenance and repair is 50 miles, if I remember right, not the standard 30 miles. The quality of the interior on the Nautilus I'm buying is much better in the BL, but in the Aviator with its amazing interior I doubt the difference is all that great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bellanca said:

For me I’d want at least 40 because as we all know that number will be assuming ideal conditions; my round trip commute to work is ~40 miles. I really do hate stopping at the gas station at times, it’d be nice to come home and just plug in. Maybe they’ll reveal some figures when the NY show happens. 

I think a 50 mile electric range would be amazing although they would need a battery of probably @ 30kWh to get there.  I suspect they are shooting for the 50km as that is the minimum necessary for China.  Although the new BMW X5 PHEV coming to the States next year is suppose to have a range of 50 miles.

Fortunately for me most days my wife never drives more then 30 miles in a day - but if you could charge at work you would still do pretty good with a 30 mile range.  My son had a Volt and a 22 mile commute and could charge at work.  In 5 years his average mpg was over 200 miles.  He now has the Tesla 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 3:47 PM, Bellanca said:

It’s a $7K difference between the two when equipped the same way(BL/BL GT), and the wheels on the GT don’t look nearly as good as those on the standard Black Label, but that’s just my opinion. The 3.0L is more than adequate in my Continental so I have little concern about it being underpowered. The Black Labels are so much nicer inside than the Reserves, again just my opinion. 

Yeah, I was disappointed to see the GT gets the 21" wheels that don't look as good as the 22" ones.

Can't wait to see pictures when you get it!  Love the combo you ordered!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my order in last week as well, Reserve - 201A Group. Diamond Blue w Ebony/Roast Interior. Can't wait to see what the Ebony Roast Interior actually looks like since its just a stock image of interior on build page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations; that sounds like a great color combination!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, crozdub115 said:

Got my order in last week as well, Reserve - 201A Group. Diamond Blue w Ebony/Roast Interior. Can't wait to see what the Ebony Roast Interior actually looks like since its just a stock image of interior on build page.

Yes, when are they going to fix the configurator so that the interior ( and exterior) show the color combinations you are picking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I officially have a VIN! Build date is scheduled the week of June 24th.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bellanca said:

I officially have a VIN! Build date is scheduled the week of June 24th.:)

Congrats.  Although I thought the Black Label was late summer build and they would not open up the scheduling until they had the "OK" to build?   I thought May 6 was Job 1.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×