Is Ranger production better than 400 per day yet?

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:21 PM, T-dubz said:

Any word on how the ranger is selling? Only reason I ask is I have yet to see one on the road and all the dealers around me have had the same stock for a while now. I’m seeing dealers with super crew lariats with 501, sport appearance and tow package for under $34k when msrp is just under $39k. There wasn’t a breakdown of the discounts on the dealers website so it could be a bunch of stuff that no one qualifies for, but it still seemed odd to be advertised that low when it just came out. 

lOVE to see that smoke and mirrors breakdown, given theres less than 2k markup in the top of the line units and ZERO rebates at this time ( California )

51 minutes ago, Deanh said:

lOVE to see that smoke and mirrors breakdown, given theres less than 2k markup in the top of the line units and ZERO rebates at this time ( California )

https://www.maxwellford.com/new-Austin-2019-Ford-Ranger-Lariat-1FTER4EH0KLA10417

https://www.maxwellford.com/new-Austin-2019-Ford-Ranger-Lariat-1FTER4EH9KLA08276

https://www.maxwellford.com/new-Austin-2019-Ford-Ranger-Lariat-1FTER4EH1KLA15271

https://www.maxwellford.com/new-Austin-2019-Ford-Ranger-Lariat-1FTER4EH2KLA10418

heres 4 lariats, bottom two links are with sport package and are $33,982. The top two are $33,492 without sport package. 

36 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

"This is a part of our 2019 Truck Month sales event! This reduced price is only available during this sale, due to upcoming expected tariffs, and rising interest rates! You must present this offer to receive this price. The sale is only until March 31 st . This price includes the trade of a 1995 or newer ford vehicle and includes all finance incentives! Please call or come in for availability. " aka were just going to rape you on your trade in to get this price.

• Like 1

guys, I cannot emphasize enough, if something sounds too good to be true, 99% of the time its bogus....there is no sustainable business case that can be made for huge front end losses without something hiding behind a concealed corner...We have Dealers here advertising Raptors for MSRP...the market here is above that....then theres the asterix…*PLUS DEALER INSTALLED ADD ONS....read aftermarket $3995 running boards , $3995 custom bumper etc etc etc...and trust me...we get people telling us they can buy them at MSRP yet come hurtling back...it total BS, but gets people in the front door..despicable practice.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Deanh said:

guys, I cannot emphasize enough, if something sounds too good to be true, 99% of the time its bogus....there is no sustainable business case that can be made for huge front end losses without something hiding behind a concealed corner...We have Dealers here advertising Raptors for MSRP...the market here is above that....then theres the asterix…*PLUS DEALER INSTALLED ADD ONS....read aftermarket $3995 running boards , $3995 custom bumper etc etc etc...and trust me...we get people telling us they can buy them at MSRP yet come hurtling back...it total BS, but gets people in the front door..despicable practice.

TANSTAAFL

Reminds me of a funny story:

Customer is pumping gas and asks the owner why his gas prices are so high.  

Owner:  They're $3/gallon just like everyone else.

Customer:  Well the station down the street has it for $2.00/gallon.

Owner:  If they're selling it for $2/gallon why are you buying it from me?

Customer:  They're out.

Owner:  If I was out of gas then mine would be $2 too.......

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

I feel bad for you guys that work at decent dealers for that. Customer comes in you figure the price; customers goes I can get it for XXXX in the paper. Customer leaves go to other dealer, customer finds out they can't get it for that price and that it is the same price at that dealer or a few dollars more, customer buys from s**** dealer as they are already there and its basically the same price. 

7 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

I feel bad for you guys that work at decent dealers for that. Customer comes in you figure the price; customers goes I can get it for XXXX in the paper. Customer leaves go to other dealer, customer finds out they can't get it for that price and that it is the same price at that dealer or a few dollars more, customer buys from s**** dealer as they are already there and its basically the same price. 

I don't think they should be allowed to advertise like that with asterisks and fine print.  Totally misleading.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Bingo...and usually gets force fed Warranties and Maintenance on top of it...

On 3/27/2019 at 4:10 PM, akirby said:

I don't think they should be allowed to advertise like that with asterisks and fine print.  Totally misleading.

There are very specific advertising regulations in place in some states but unfortunately there are still a lot of stores that constantly run deceptive advertising. Worse yet is that, in more cases than not, the state agencies do nothing and the offending Dealers get away with it, making everyone look bad. Some of these same stores also advertise new vehicles without the D&D (Destination & Delivery) fee.

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

On 3/28/2019 at 6:55 AM, Deanh said:

Bingo...and usually gets force fed Warranties and Maintenance on top of it...

Other countries now force automakers and dealers to show actual on the road price for vehicles in stock.

we have FOA advertising the last of the 2018 plate Ranger XLT CREW 4x4 3.2 diesels for AUS$50,990 drive away, catch is they’re all 6-speed manuals, the ‘19s are 2.0 10AT & 3.2 6AT, both over $60,000.

Different circumstances I know but the authorities take a dim view of deceptive and misleading conduct.

Edited by jpd80

2 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Other countries now force automakers and dealers to show actual on the road price for vehicles in stock.

we have FOA advertising the last of the 2018 plate Ranger XLT CREW 4x4 3.2 diesels for AUS$50,990 drive away, catch is they’re all 6-speed manuals, the ‘19s are 2.0 10AT & 3.2 6AT, both over $60,000.

Different circumstances I know but the authorities take a dim view of deceptive and misleading conduct.

Nothing that can be done about it here because of the franchise laws. Dealers have way too much power and nobody can do anything to put it in check. 

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Nothing that can be done about it here because of the franchise laws. Dealers have way too much power and nobody can do anything to put it in check. 

Hey that’s my line!

They still have to abide by advertising regulations although the regulations don’t go nearly far enough IMO.

If it was up to me, I’d stop all attorney and prescription medication advertising.  I believe attorney advertising is illegal in Great Britain - one thing the brits got right.    Then I would force vehicle ads to include all dealer and factory fees, no down payments or trade-in allowances and no conditional rebates.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2019 at 10:21 PM, T-dubz said:

Any word on how the ranger is selling? Only reason I ask is I have yet to see one on the road,,,,,,,,,,,

I'm in the western suburbs of Chicago, and have yet to see a new Ranger on the road either.  Will be interesting to see March sales numbers, now that more and more are showing-up on dealers lots.

HRG

Edited by HotRunrGuy

7 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Things can be done about it, just has to come from State Legislators. Problem is that dealers that suck spend a bunch campaign contribution to make sure those regulations never come out of committee. If there was a revolt from the constituency things would happen fairly fast.  What needs to happen is that people flood state AG's with complaints about it, that would force them to change the law. https://secure.ag.state.mi.us/complaints/consumer.aspx in case you want to start it.

The dealer owners also don't have to spread the money all over, just to those few on that committee. The other big issue of late has been all the lawsuits on dealerships with variable prices of extended warranties or service contracts. I've had two different dealers tell me when I can get it cheaper online to just buy it that way. They don't want to be in a lawsuit that shows bias in pricing so they have moved to a this is our price if you want it take it, if not get it online. 

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 2:45 PM, jasonj80 said:

"This is a part of our 2019 Truck Month sales event! This reduced price is only available during this sale, due to upcoming expected tariffs, and rising interest rates! You must present this offer to receive this price. The sale is only until March 31 st . This price includes the trade of a 1995 or newer ford vehicle and includes all finance incentives! Please call or come in for availability. " aka were just going to rape you on your trade in to get this price.

It would depend on the trade. If you bring in, say, a 1999 Taurus or 2002 Focus, I doubt that the dealer will give you much for it no matter what. Most people just want the dealer to take it off their hands.

Before we were married, my wife had a 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier with over 100,000 miles on the odometer, serious engine problems and a non-working air conditioner. This was the fall of 2004. The local Honda offered her a whopping $100 for it if she traded on a new Civic.

The Ford dealer gave her a decent trade-in allowance (I believe it was $1,000) on a brand-new 2005 Focus SE sedan, which turned out to be an excellent car. But I'm sure there the dealer made it up somewhere else. That $1,000 was most likely designed to make her feel better about the total deal.

I'm sure what the dealer did was figure an average trade-in credit of $2K (e.g.) and if you have a trade worth $3K - $4K they just tell you that it's already included in the discount.  That makes up for the ones that are work less then $2K.   In the end the dealer is probably ahead on the higher priced trades.

15 minutes ago, grbeck said:

Before we were married, my wife had a 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier with over 100,000 miles on the odometer, serious engine problems and a non-working air conditioner. This was the fall of 2004. The local Honda offered her a whopping $100 for it if she traded on a new Civic.

The Ford dealer gave her a decent trade-in allowance (I believe it was $1,000) on a brand-new 2005 Focus SE sedan, which turned out to be an excellent car. But I'm sure there the dealer made it up somewhere else. That $1,000 was most likely designed to make her feel better about the total deal.

That's the difference in Honda (who was probably still selling at or close to MSRP with no discounts) and Ford who would have probably given her a $1000 discount no matter what.  TANSTAAFL.

1 hour ago, jasonj80 said:

Things can be done about it, just has to come from State Legislators. Problem is that dealers that suck spend a bunch campaign contribution to make sure those regulations never come out of committee. If there was a revolt from the constituency things would happen fairly fast.  What needs to happen is that people flood state AG's with complaints about it, that would force them to change the law. https://secure.ag.state.mi.us/complaints/consumer.aspx in case you want to start it.

The dealer owners also don't have to spread the money all over, just to those few on that committee. The other big issue of late has been all the lawsuits on dealerships with variable prices of extended warranties or service contracts. I've had two different dealers tell me when I can get it cheaper online to just buy it that way. They don't want to be in a lawsuit that shows bias in pricing so they have moved to a this is our price if you want it take it, if not get it online. 

That's great if you live in a state this isn't pro-taxing the bejeezus out of its people or pro-killing its people like Michigan is.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

actually not 100% true...DMV can step in for suspect advertising practices....do they?....rarely...although I do recall them closing down Wilson Ford for their notorious $99 over invoice campaign....and I believe one can not even mention the word invoice in advertising any more....

4 hours ago, akirby said:

That's the difference in Honda (who was probably still selling at or close to MSRP with no discounts) and Ford who would have probably given her a $1000 discount no matter what.  TANSTAAFL.

By 2004, Honda dealers could no longer hold out for full sticker on the passenger cars. There was too much competition, and Honda itself was no longer facing manufacturing constraints when it came to cars.

They most likely could have held out for full sticker on the CR-V. But, you're right, the deals were better on the Focus than on the Civic.

It worked out for us, because her Focus turned out to be a very good car. We kept it for 12 years and 239,000 miles. The only major repair was an alternator replacement at about 150,000 miles. It finally needed some major repairs, which is one reason we traded it for an off-lease 2014 Escape SE.

29 minutes ago, Deanh said:

actually not 100% true...DMV can step in for suspect advertising practices....do they?....rarely...although I do recall them closing down Wilson Ford for their notorious $99 over invoice campaign....and I believe one can not even mention the word invoice in advertising any more....

I don't know if that's true for every state 

10 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That's great if you live in a state this isn't pro-taxing the bejeezus out of its people or pro-killing its people like Michigan is.

You mean a 45¢ gas tax increase, high property taxes, insurance fund that’s going up to $202 per vehicle, high income tax, back to high business taxes make people want to leave

3 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

You mean a 45¢ gas tax increase, high property taxes, insurance fund that’s going up to $202 per vehicle, high income tax, back to high business taxes make people want to leave

Don't forget poisoning people with water in Flint and now with dirt in Detroit