The Ford Order Tracking System Is No Longer Available.  THANKS Cyberdman For Making Available All Of These Past Years.  More Here.

blwnsmoke

California shakes up auto industry, says all vans and trucks must be electric by 2024

3 hours ago, akirby said:

The solution is fast public charging not putting chargers in every residence.

This is a 3 years old article... Cities should be installing chargers when they replace existing utilities. And they will generate revenue for the city/utility. It's not rocket science. 

https://electrek.co/2019/11/13/la-adds-hundreds-of-ev-chargers-to-streetlights-giving-renters-a-place-to-plug-in/

3 hours ago, bzcat said:

Many multi-unit buidlings are being retrofitted with charges where I live so market forces will drive that. Smart landlords know they won't be able to charge market rent soon if they don't provide charger. Just like units with air conditioner or in-unit laundry can charge more rent - so would units with access to chargers. It seems strange to me that you don't want the tax payer to pay for charger yet you have no faith in the free market and the invisbile hand. Pick a side 😎

Zoning regulation is a local matter. You don't see any action where you live because your local Govt is failing at planning for the future. Here is California, any new builds require 220V outlets in parking areas and rooft top solar; and utilities have to offer net-metering. Yes, it costs money, but so does indoor plummbing and insulation which are code requirements in every state, county, city and town. You have to remove the politicized view on EV to see this is just the function of Govt - to set necessary regulations and minimium standards.

I was posing different questions in which the charging situation gets addressed, and perhaps I didn’t articulate it well.  As far as sides go. I am not on the side of big government dictating to the masses, and subsidizing peoples purchases, but that’s where we are at now. 

The market can dictate its own direction if it were allowed to, and the better products will win out.  I would love to see where the EV demand would be if it were not supply constrained as it is now. 

On 9/22/2022 at 9:28 PM, tbone said:

I would love to see where the EV demand would be if it were not supply constrained as it is now. 

In Ford's case, it would have exceeded a 600,000 annual production run rate for its BEV already. However, the supply constraints including battery sourcing issues at Ford nowadays has the company predicting that it will be late 2023 when they hit that target.

cq5dam.web.881.495.jpeg

Edited by rperez817