silvrsvt

Ford Maverick tailgate leaked

I'm a little skeptical about the prospect of 2 door Maverick with long bed. Doesn't seem to be real demand for something like that. Virtually all the markets in the world prefer a van (i.e. Transit Connect) for that kind of light weight but big volume hauling. But you are right that if Ford does make something like that, the Falcon setup with a ladder frame in the back is a real benefit because you can offer it as a cab chassis and let buyers add their own tray or box in the back.

I'm a little skeptical too about a 2-door truck, but people said the same thing about ranger and mid-sized trucks... so who knows?  I'd have to think it would do well at least in America. As for outside the US, I have seen a decent number of 2-door trucks in the Carribean and Middle East.

5 hours ago, bzcat said:

I'm a little skeptical about the prospect of 2 door Maverick with long bed. Doesn't seem to be real demand for something like that. Virtually all the markets in the world prefer a van (i.e. Transit Connect) for that kind of light weight but big volume hauling. But you are right that if Ford does make something like that, the Falcon setup with a ladder frame in the back is a real benefit because you can offer it as a cab chassis and let buyers add their own tray or box in the back.

No,  that's not what I meant at all, the Falcon Ute had a half chassis  box frame,

I'm talking much lighter integral frame that can be just stamped up on site like

they do with the Transits but nowhere as thick.

If the intention is to only produce Maverick as a crew cab with small tray

Then a slight mod on a Transit Connect crew Van floorpan will suffice.