2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, JKinTx said:

Nope. 75.5 MSRP so not fully loaded doesn't have the carbon package or the Recaros. 68.5 out the door. No add ons or ADMs period. It was the quoted price plus a 129 doc fee and that was it. No tint, no nothing. Truck was sold as it came from the factory. 

So yes, it was that kind of deal.

uh huh. Sure...sorry...but something does NOT smell right or you basically got the best deal ever recorded on a Raptor...OR theres a lot more to the story. ….

35 minutes ago, Deanh said:

uh huh. Sure...sorry...but something does NOT smell right or you basically got the best deal ever recorded on a Raptor...OR theres a lot more to the story. ….

It's not the best ever. Over on the Raptor forum there are people that got slightly better than even I did. Here is the agreed upon deal for the Raptor. This was all negotiated over the phone and when we got there it took us 30 minutes. The bank check was made out for the total amount in line 1 as we did not finance through them in the end. I can't help that we called literally 30-40 different Ford dealers all across the country, basically, and found this one. There are no shenanigans or anything. I was as shocked as you are. Also, I will be calling them tomorrow or the next day once we decide 350/450. If its good we will put an order in once he give me a price, which will be under MSRP for certain, just how much remains to be seen. If it isn't what I want then I will keep looking and give the dealership info at that point. 

IMG_0792.thumb.jpeg.1240cf98cab399a3b0c26243d95d9d5e.jpeg

• Haha 1

I’m not sure I understand this post. Looks like an order for a 2020 F150 Raptor on the 2022 Super Duty thread. 

Sorry I read the post wrong. I now see that you were showing your previous purchase. My bad.

Edited by LarryD
Misread

8 minutes ago, LarryD said:

I’m not sure I understand this post. Looks like an order for a 2020 F150 Raptor on the 2022 Super Duty thread. 

Because I was asking if anyone had leads on under MSRP Super Duties even if I ordered one. Nobody believed that I got a Raptor 7 under MSRP as if thats unheard of, which it isn't. Anyways thats the reason that I posted that. 

Nobody has clarified the tire issue on the Ford build site. They don't explain the difference at all. Same size, just a hundred dollars more for one than the other. 

Edited by JKinTx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JKinTx said:

I don't disagree but people buying at MSRP are only padding the dealers pockets, not Fords. Invoice didn't just magically disappear overnight. People want to give their dealership and extra 5-8 thousand dollars they can. I don't do that. 

I agree that I will go with the current dealer and am shocked that there haven't been more who can get less than MSRP. 

I have always shopped very carefully for trucks. This time as well, I made a lot of calls and did a lot of research before coming to the conclusion that the X-plan, and ordering exactly what I wanted was the best option at this time.

MY 2019 F350 cost me $48K OTD and the MSRP on the truck was over $58K. My previous 2017 F350 was $66K OTD with an MSRP of 74K.

Edited by Robin Hood
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Robin Hood said:

I have always shopped very carefully for trucks. This time as well, I made a lot of calls and did a lot of research before coming to the conclusion that the X-plan, and ordering exactly what I wanted was the best option at this time.

MY 2019 F350 cost me $48K OTD and the MSRP on the truck was over $58K. My previous 2017 F350 was $66K OTD with an MSRP of 74K.

Now thats what I am talking about! Hell yeah good job! I am using X plan as a fall back and am waiting on another dealership to see if they can do X plan. Thank you for the response. I don't know why its so hard to believe that you can get a smoking deal if you just put some time and effort into it. Much like my Raptor, it took almost a week of calling, scouring the internet etc. 

What did you order this time if I may ask? 

5 hours ago, JKinTx said:

Now thats what I am talking about! Hell yeah good job! I am using X plan as a fall back and am waiting on another dealership to see if they can do X plan. Thank you for the response. I don't know why its so hard to believe that you can get a smoking deal if you just put some time and effort into it. Much like my Raptor, it took almost a week of calling, scouring the internet etc. 

F350 LB CC 6.7 Lariat 4X4 with value package and F350 LB CC 6.7 Lariat 4X4 with ultimate package and other bells and whistles. Both are to replace the other two trucks that I mentioned.

Edited by Robin Hood
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JKinTx said:

I feel like the difference between when you ordered your Raptor and when Robin Hood ordered his truck there was an actual supply of trucks where as now, there's all kinds of shortages with chips and parts. But I've also been wrong plenty of times before.

2 hours ago, Stevens7.3 said:

I feel like the difference between when you ordered your Raptor and when Robin Hood ordered his truck there was an actual supply of trucks where as now, there's all kinds of shortages with chips and parts. But I've also been wrong plenty of times before.

Well to be fair there was a very limited amount of 2020 Raptors new on the lots last August that weren't being tagged at MSRP or 5-10K over. Trust me I remember very clearly. I also agree with you that the chips and parts are causing a backlog and it royally sucks that the guys who ordered '21s are waiting on theirs while people are getting the '22s already. 

As I said I will get the best deal I can. Looks like Robin Hood used X plan, so thats an avenue I am looking at as well. 

I called my dealer this morning and asked to check if truck has been scheduled. He looked up my order and said it’s still unscheduled and clean but now has a priority 02 code and it was a 19. He also looked at another screen and said that my order number was there but couldn’t tell me if it was happening tomorrow or next week any thoughts Ice Capades ??? 

• Like 1

I called my dealer this morning and asked to check if truck has been scheduled. He looked up my order and said it’s still unscheduled and clean but now has a priority 02 code and it was a 19. He also looked at another screen and said that my order number was there but couldn’t tell me if it was happening tomorrow or next week any thoughts Ice Capades ??? Also by there I’m assuming his report for vehicles that are up and coming to be scheduled !!! I’m hoping !!!!

Edited by Stanggt24

3 hours ago, Stanggt24 said:

I called my dealer this morning and asked to check if truck has been scheduled. He looked up my order and said it’s still unscheduled and clean but now has a priority 02 code and it was a 19. He also looked at another screen and said that my order number was there but couldn’t tell me if it was happening tomorrow or next week any thoughts Ice Capades ??? Also by there I’m assuming his report for vehicles that are up and coming to be scheduled !!! I’m hoping !!!!

When did you place your order? Did your dealer enter your order into the COVP? As said earlier, they haven't scheduled Super Duties in almost a month, they start scheduling again tomorrow, so a lot of us even ones that made their order when the order banks opened still have an unscheduled/clean status.

19 minutes ago, Rlambert said:

Have had on order since 5/11 , still no vin number and now I’m seeing different Ford dealers every where having super duties on there lots for sale. I thought retail orders came first ? Wondering if I should throw in the towel 

Are you seeing '22's or '21's on the lots? I checked some dealers around here and they only have '21's showing up for dealer stock inventory.

They are producing both dealer stock and retail orders at the moment.

1 hour ago, Stevens7.3 said:

When did you place your order? Did your dealer enter your order into the COVP? As said earlier, they haven't scheduled Super Duties in almost a month, they start scheduling again tomorrow, so a lot of us even ones that made their order when the order banks opened still have an unscheduled/clean status.

Yes ordered 3/18/21 so I’m well aware of that. Dealer could see Ford changed my order to A priority 02 code and was entered into COVP , called Ford marketing and they said it most likely will be scheduled when they start again !!! 

2 hours ago, DwightVA said:

If my order on May 3rd is "clean" do I need to ask the dealer if it was COVP approved?

Should have had u submit a copy of drivers lic. I did put $1000 deposit and signed my order sheet day I ordered 3/18. I called when this came up and they said they had already submitted it and I verified that with Ford that they had all the info and was ready to go.  Good luck I know it’s been a long wait since I have been waiting since order banks opened 

Ordered my  2022 F-250 Lariat Diesel with the tremor package, signed for it on 3/15 . Still got no VIN or anything but this website has been extremely helpful. Just a little frustrated that i have to hound the dealership for information, when they do respond its days later. Hope they get some chips to get the ball rolling on this my 97 ford is limping along and trying not to put too much more $$ into it before i get a new truck.

5 hours ago, F350Mike said:

Are you seeing '22's or '21's on the lots? I checked some dealers around here and they only have '21's showing up for dealer stock inventory.

They are producing both dealer stock and retail orders at the moment.

I’m seeing both

2 hours ago, Rlambert said:

I’m seeing both

Retail orders are starting to arrive at dealerships. Are you sure these 22's you are seeing are dealer stock and not already sold and fresh off the truck waiting for PDI?

as far as i know ford hasnt scheduled any stock orders yet. Around here they dont even have 21's on the lot. They had one pre owned 20 in the showroom that was already sold when i was there last. Was the only superduty in the place.

Edited by mattdm