New 2022 Navigator Order Timeframe Thread

BigVette

1 hour ago, Black Label said:

Was it mentioned somewhere on this forum that window stickers outlined in green are custom orders from customers, not dealer stock? I just checked Fair Oaks, where I ordered my 2022 from, and they have at least one Nav with a window sticker that is outlined in green. Seems odd they would post that. 

I have no idea if its only for custom orders, but my window sticker is green so it makes sense

• Like 1

I know nothing is normal right now, so is posting vehicles that appear to be dealer stock with green stickers a normal thing for dealers to do until the person actually finalizes the purchase?

Some do some don’t.  According to ice-capades the dealer has the option on the Ford inventory site.  I think it defaults to showing them.  Some just don’t change it and others probably do it on purpose to generate traffic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ceejaa said:

Bayway Lincoln here in Houston sent me the pic below.  Said it's due in next week, but they do not do X-Plan.

645715500_BLTagBayway.thumb.jpg.fba10236d49e1e124ec2960bdc59294c.jpg

That is exciting! Are you planning to check it out in person once it arrives? This is the exact color combo/options I ordered :) 

20 hours ago, Black Label said:

Was it mentioned somewhere on this forum that window stickers outlined in green are custom orders from customers, not dealer stock? I just checked Fair Oaks, where I ordered my 2022 from, and they have at least one Nav with a window sticker that is outlined in green. Seems odd they would post that. 

I believe that if someone orders (thereby a green window sticker) then decides not to complete the purchase the dealer will have that (green sticker) in inventory for sale.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ceejaa said:

Bayway Lincoln here in Houston sent me the pic below.  Said it's due in next week, but they do not do X-Plan.

645715500_BLTagBayway.thumb.jpg.fba10236d49e1e124ec2960bdc59294c.jpghas anyone figured out what "Grille chrome mesh"  AND "monochromatic grille" mean in combination like that?

2 hours ago, tobe said:

has anyone figured out what "Grille chrome mesh"  AND "monochromatic grille" mean in combination like that?

Hi tobe. Yes. The "Standard Equipment Included At No Extra Charge" for a trim level is listed on the window sticker in that top box. Then optional additions are listed below.

So in the case of this particular Navigator Black Label, the standard equipment grille is a "Grille-Chrome Mesh". However, in the case of this particular order, it has the optional "Monochromatic Grille". So it will have a "Monochromatic Grille" (assuming no odd window sticker error...lol).

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, rayden007 said:

That is exciting! Are you planning to check it out in person once it arrives? This is the exact color combo/options I ordered :) 

I 'll go check it out but not buying that one.  No RSE and I want a Black one, well really want Burgundy but they're not doing that color anymore, for now.  So I'll get Black and get it wrapped either matte or gloss Burgundy.  Also since they don't do X-Plan I'd be leaving $6K on the table for them.

I'm going for this look, not sure how much I like the gloss Burgundy which is why I say matte:

Eozd5jiWEAAa4wN.thumb.jpg.7fa5d8b47d2a67181ccef439e637d13f.jpg

This is my white '19 I'll put the factory wheels back on it and trade it in.  The wheels that are on the '19 now, will go to the '22 and the factory's from the '22 will go to my '08 and give it a nice little upgrade ?

20211106_153650.thumb.jpg.48e76a89a4dd98bebdd3dc9be1a48420.jpg

So my goal is to go from White with Burgundy interior to Burgundy with white interior, I really wish wood trim was a separate option, Chalet with Central Park wood pieces would be phenomenal.  I would just order Chalet and switch out the wood trim but it's about $2500 for the front arm rest and console pieces, another $900 for the rear armrest, the front dash pieces are another $2k and all that is just parts, so I'll live with Invitation.

Sorry for the rant and oversharing, lol.  I need to call this dealer in Detroit and order the '22 so I can start the waiting process ?

Edited by ceejaa
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ceejaa said:

I 'll go check it out but not buying that one.  No RSE and I want a Black one, well really want Burgundy but they're not doing that color anymore, for now.  So I'll get Black and get it wrapped either matte or gloss Burgundy.  Also since they don't do X-Plan I'd be leaving $6K on the table for them.

I'm going for this look, not sure how much I like the gloss Burgundy which is why I say matte:

Eozd5jiWEAAa4wN.thumb.jpg.7fa5d8b47d2a67181ccef439e637d13f.jpg

This is my white '19 I'll put the factory wheels back on it and trade it in.  The wheels that are on the '19 now, will go to the '22 and the factory's from the '22 will go to my '08 and give it a nice little upgrade ?

20211106_153650.thumb.jpg.48e76a89a4dd98bebdd3dc9be1a48420.jpg

So my goal is to go from White with Burgundy interior to Burgundy with white interior, I really wish wood trim was a separate option, Chalet with Central Park wood pieces would be phenomenal.  I would just order Chalet and switch out the wood trim but it's about $2500 for the front arm rest and console pieces, another $900 for the rear armrest, the front dash pieces are another $2k and all that is just parts, so I'll live with Invitation.

Sorry for the rant and oversharing, lol.  I need to call this dealer in Detroit and order the '22 so I can start the waiting process ?

I'm sure you know that the Burgundy color was actually like this:

2018 Lincoln Navigator Reserve

I have had mine (not the one in the pic) since 2018 and still like the color, although the Burgundy interior feels a bit tired  now.

8 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi tobe. Yes. The "Standard Equipment Included At No Extra Charge" for a trim level is listed on the window sticker in that top box. Then optional additions are listed below.

So in the case of this particular Navigator Black Label, the standard equipment grille is a "Grille-Chrome Mesh". However, in the case of this particular order, it has the optional "Monochromatic Grille". So it will have a "Monochromatic Grille" (assuming no odd window sticker error...lol).

Good luck.

I have a black label in production. It has the monochromatic grille listed on my window sticker. I did not order a monochromatic nor is it an option on a black label. I also have a black one ordered which eliminates the special edition package. My salesman swears that according to the Lincoln rep its the standard black label grill.  We’ll see when it finally comes in I suppose. 

Edited by xraytek22
To clarify monochromatic grille

16 minutes ago, xraytek22 said:

I have a black label in production. It has the monochromatic listed on my window sticker. I did not order a monochromatic nor is it an option on a black label. I also have a black one ordered which eliminates the special edition package. My salesman swears that according to the Lincoln rep its the standard black label grill.  We’ll see when it finally comes in I suppose. 

Odd. My dealer has some BLs on order on their site. They all say "Grill-Chrome Mesh" on the stickers. Where does it show that on your sticker?

15 minutes ago, Black Label said:

Odd. My dealer has some BLs on order on their site. They all say "Grill-Chrome Mesh" on the stickers. Where does it show that on your sticker?

It shows the chrome mesh as standard and then monochromatic in the options. Sorry for the red circles. It was a screen shot I had sent my salesman and was saved on my phone already. HahaE3A27237-E244-41A9-B725-33C804F052E5.thumb.jpeg.fe162bb393e8633a0c40b1c108c26fe3.jpeg

24 minutes ago, xraytek22 said:

It shows the chrome mesh as standard and then monochromatic in the options. Sorry for the red circles. It was a screen shot I had sent my salesman and was saved on my phone already. HahaE3A27237-E244-41A9-B725-33C804F052E5.thumb.jpeg.fe162bb393e8633a0c40b1c108c26fe3.jpeg

Maybe the wording changed. The ones I looked up say, "BLACK LABEL SP EDITION GRILLE". 

14 minutes ago, Black Label said:

Maybe the wording changed. The ones I looked up say, "BLACK LABEL SP EDITION GRILLE". 

That’s what all the ones I have seen have said also. It makes me nervous but also makes no sense.  Sooooo it’s a waiting game I suppose ??‍♀️?

14 minutes ago, xraytek22 said:

That’s what all the ones I have seen have said also. It makes me nervous but also makes no sense.  Sooooo it’s a waiting game I suppose ??‍♀️?

Yep, sounds like a phone call to the dealer and/or the Concierge is in order. Is that what it said in the Vehicle Details part of your status emails? Lol, I am going to double check mine right now. 

25 minutes ago, Black Label said:

Yep, sounds like a phone call to the dealer and/or the Concierge is in order. Is that what it said in the Vehicle Details part of your status emails? Lol, I am going to double check mine right now. 

I have called my dealer and they called their rep at Lincoln and they said they had no idea why it said that on the window sticker and it will be the correct grill.  We shall see. 

When you go to the accessories section on tge tracking page it calls it something like body colored grille w lower chrome accent ??‍♀️  It’s very confusing.

There is a white black label going to a dealership near ATL that has the same monochromatic grille listed but no special edition package. However the date on that window sticker is 3/17/22 so perhaps they changed the wording w recent builds. My date shows 3/15/22 but still shows in production. I assume it will be in production for a while ?

18 minutes ago, xraytek22 said:

I have called my dealer and they called their rep at Lincoln and they said they had no idea why it said that on the window sticker and it will be the correct grill.  We shall see. 

When you go to the accessories section on tge tracking page it calls it something like body colored grille w lower chrome accent ??‍♀️  It’s very confusing.

There is a white black label going to a dealership near ATL that has the same monochromatic grille listed but no special edition package. However the date on that window sticker is 3/17/22 so perhaps they changed the wording w recent builds. My date shows 3/15/22 but still shows in production. I assume it will be in production for a while ?

Yes, I see that now, sorry. Doesn't make sense unless the colorizers on lincoln.com are wrong. Every BL color you select shows the grille inserts as chrome, not body colored. 

17 minutes ago, Black Label said:

Yes, I see that now, sorry. Doesn't make sense unless the colorizers on lincoln.com are wrong. Every BL color you select shows the grille inserts as chrome, not body colored. 

Did you order the special edition package?  I can’t recall. 

Yeah, its a total mystery to me. Just when you think that when you custom order you KNOW what is going to show up. Haha

6 hours ago, tobe said:

I'm sure you know that the Burgundy color was actually like this:

2018 Lincoln Navigator Reserve

I have had mine (not the one in the pic) since 2018 and still like the color, although the Burgundy interior feels a bit tired  now.

Yup that's the color

No, I didn’t. 

I have been advised via the regional rep ( March 22 ) that BL Special Edition is backed way up, as are Reserves with either black or black / roast interiors due to material supply issues. BL interiors themselves are NOT having those issues as its a different level of leather. Of course same is true with the late production allowance of the rear ent systems.

Next Question will be this, since Lincoln already has released the "23" timelines, it makes me wonder if any of those "22" orders keep getting pushed back to mid year or later, will people drop those and opt to order a "23" model year instead ?????

This was posted Friday in another thread ;

"

Per today's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) here's the production timetable for the 2022/2023MY Lincoln Navigator.

• 03/04/2022 - 2022MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 06/30/2022 - 2022MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 09/11/2022 - 2022MY Job Last Date

• 06/15/2022 - 2023MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 07/14/2022 - 2023MY Scheduling Begins
  • 09/12/2022 - 2023MY Job #1 Date

The 2023 Lincoln Navigator Order Guide will be available on or about the date that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens. The order guide will be available for download in the Dealer Order Guides section.  

All dates are subject to change. "

J2K0 4x2 Reserve

Priority Code 10

Pristine White

Black Onyx

Eqp Grp- 201A- with pass through captain chairs (no rear ent)

Order 1/15/22

First Email- 3/18/22...."Your vehicle production time has been extended."

Based off of  Pinnacles Edge post from yesterday, I would venture to say my delay is due to the black onyx material challenges. 

Is anyone else noticing varying "base" MSRPs for Black Labels on the window stickers available? In addition to increase in Destination/Delivery charge of ~ +$400 vs 2021 window stickers?

https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin= 5LMJJ2TT6NEL04505 (Original Black Label base price I was quoted, $102,980)

https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin= 5LMJJ2TT9NEL01663 (New base price for Black Label $103, 515)

Disclaimer, neither of these VINs are mine.

Edited by rayden007
clarification, and updated links for comparison