2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

7 hours ago, Gadget said:

Your truck is months out so you need to make arrangements.  

Sad part, trailer is actually coming in sooner than expected.  Dealer said they would carry it for about 30 days, and then they want to be paid.  It's roughly a 10 hour drive to the RV dealer, it would be nice to make the trip in my new truck and pick it up :)

My 2022 King F350 has the wheel liners too,  you'all think its out sourced?   I also did liner,  my 2015 is Fire Bronze and the liner from linex was tinted that color.  My new truck is the Star White so I just went with the standard.  It was built friday,  with est. del of 08/19. 

2 hours ago, road turtle said:

Sad part, trailer is actually coming in sooner than expected.  Dealer said they would carry it for about 30 days, and then they want to be paid.  It's roughly a 10 hour drive to the RV dealer, it would be nice to make the trip in my new truck and pick it up :)

We paid for our toy hauler and had bought it during the winter.  We need to get the pad built so the dealer held it for 3 months... maybe they can do that for you...once paid for?

The first dealership I went through in Reno, NV took my order during mid May and credit card number.  They never ran my card, never got an email confirmation, no build receipt.  They never took any action on processing my order, from what I could tell. Three weeks later I cancelled that order, then went to a different dealership.  They submitted my order that day, got an email confirmation from Ford on 6/11.  Got the VIN 6/19.  Production scheduled week of 8/2.  

Seems like there are many people who tried to order trucks months before I did, but no action has taken place, and they haven’t received order confirmation or build dates.

16 minutes ago, usmc0802 said:

They submitted my order that day, got an email confirmation from Ford on 6/11.  Got the VIN 6/19.  Production scheduled week of 8/2.  

Seems like there are many people who tried to order trucks months before I did, but no action has taken place, and they haven’t received order confirmation or build dates.

Mine was June 4th...I have confirmation only?

Screenshot_20210725-224306_Email.jpg

On 7/24/2021 at 10:31 PM, SFSTROKER said:

I read these forums for info regularly(probably too much...lol) and have not seen any mention of availability changes.  ice-capades seems very well InTouch with lots of details and usually posts updates as they become available. 

Same here, reading these too much… like everyone else here for the last few months I’m sure. It seems commodity changes are odd now… from reading older threads it seemed that once commodity holds were dropped, then it was simply left off the list… meaning only the things not available, or not being built we’re listed. So if something was no longer listed, then it should be good to build. Although this has been asked and IC said it may be different now… In the last update posted on 7/19 the XLT with UTT wasn’t in the list, only the AS holds, although the post immediately before that post was from 7/14 and only listed the XLT w/ UTT. So, I was curious if there was light at the end of the tunnel since the XLT w/ UTT was left off of the last commodity hold list. 

Question ordered a 250 platinum with adaptive steering. My dealer has just informed me ford will not be putting it in any ordered or dealer orders for the remaining of this model year. Those of you who have it is it worth it? My previous trucks never had it.

33 minutes ago, bigfrank59 said:

Question ordered a 250 platinum with adaptive steering. My dealer has just informed me ford will not be putting it in any ordered or dealer orders for the remaining of this model year. Those of you who have it is it worth it? My previous trucks never had it.

There's already a separate discussion started

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bigfrank59 said:

I went and test drove 1 with and 1 without for a comparison.  I noticed a slight difference in the parking lot moving around in tight areas.  I went ahead and ordered the AS option on mine on 3/22, but i'm still waiting!  My suggestion would be for you to do the same if possible, as everyone will have their own opinion on the option! In the end, you need to drive each truck to see if its a noticeable difference your willing to wait for or if you can do without it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

Same here, reading these too much… like everyone else here for the last few months I’m sure. It seems commodity changes are odd now… from reading older threads it seemed that once commodity holds were dropped, then it was simply left off the list… meaning only the things not available, or not being built we’re listed. So if something was no longer listed, then it should be good to build. Although this has been asked and IC said it may be different now… In the last update posted on 7/19 the XLT with UTT wasn’t in the list, only the AS holds, although the post immediately before that post was from 7/14 and only listed the XLT w/ UTT. So, I was curious if there was light at the end of the tunnel since the XLT w/ UTT was left off of the last commodity hold list. 

I like the positive approach that since its gone from the list that maybe they now have parts!  Keep your fingers crossed and maybe the wait is nearing the end for a lot of us!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SFSTROKER said:

I like the positive approach that since its gone from the list that maybe they now have parts!  Keep your fingers crossed and maybe the wait is nearing the end for a lot of us!

I don’t want to be negative, but the original notice for the AS commodity restriction described it as “Until Further Notice”. I don’t think it will be listed every week, but who knows. I chose to delete it from my F450 lariat order because I believe any available AS units will be used to produce higher trim level vehicles that have AS as a standard feature. I wouldn’t want to count on Ford to let us know when the restriction is lifted, but members here can advise when they receive their VIN and if that option is present. We may be able to detect it early. I appreciate all the information everyone provides here!! Thanks 

• Like 1

I just received another email from Ford that my 22 F-350 Platinum Build Week has been changed from 9-20-21 to 9-6-21. This is the 2nd email in a week from them. Hope it is a sign that things are looking up for everyone. Also I hope it holds or gets better. It also has the  AS option. 

Edited by Chris E
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chris E said:

I just received another email from Ford that my 22 F-350 Platinum Build Week has been changed from 9-20-21 to 9-6-21. This is the 2nd email in a week from them. Hope it is a sign that things are looking up for everyone. Also I hope it holds or gets better. It also has the  AS option. 

People are getting emails left and right lately, I ordered 2 June and haven’t ever received anything from Ford. ??‍♂️ 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Chris E said:

Hey Chris E. 

When did you order? 

Thanks 

19 minutes ago, 1991LX said:

People are getting emails left and right lately, I ordered 2 June and haven’t ever received anything from Ford. ??‍♂️ 

Same order date as mine..I only got the confirmation email on 6/8, but nothing further as of yet.

6 minutes ago, Simple. said:

Same order date as mine..I only got the confirmation email on 6/8, but nothing further as of yet.

Yeah I think it’s sketchy that I didn’t receive a confirmation email, but when I called marketing they verified my order so I guess I just deal with it. 

• Like 2