2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, Dakkat720 said:

How accurate have the estimated delivery dates been?

Screenshot_20211214-190856_Chrome.jpg

Mine was quoted as 12/9/2021, but doesn't look like it will make it until this weekend at the earliest. It is finally in the same state as me though, about 90 miles away. If it delivers this weekend it will come at the high end of the average delivery window and about 9-10 days after Estimated Delivery Date. 

2 hours ago, Dakkat720 said:

How accurate have the estimated delivery dates been?

After studying this extensively over three different forums and the now inactive Google spreadsheet tracker ever since my 11/9 order, all that can be said is it is hit or miss.  If everything regarding order submission, confirmation, scheduling, chosen option commodity availability, transportation, etc., etc. goes well, it is probably fairly accurate.  Ford does have decades of experience at this to guide them.  Unfortunately, just one wrench in the cog will send it all haywire.  All one can do is hope for the best and be patient.

My example:  all was going well, build scheduled week of 12/6, after hearing nothing I contacted dealer yesterday to be told the VVR indicated it was built 12/8 but then moved off-site  (I am presuming for the infamous "chip" issue).  Ford tracker says estimated delivery 12/28.  No way I see that happening as I have not received anything from Ford that it has been built and shipped.

YMMV.  Good luck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ikre8kos4u said:

Yup, I think the only difference is that I have the retractable tonneau cover. Otherwise they are mirror copies. F450 Platinum in antimatter blue with black interior.

Yep that's about it...other than the moonroof I didn't order...the retractable cover may make it here before the truck. It should only take an hour to install 

16 minutes ago, doyall said:

My example:  all was going well, build scheduled week of 12/6, after hearing nothing I contacted dealer yesterday to be told the VVR indicated it was built 12/8 but then moved off-site  (I am presuming for the infamous "chip" issue).  Ford tracker says estimated delivery 12/28.  No way I see that happening as I have not received anything from Ford that it has been built and shipped.

Mine is offsite also.  Mine is having spray in bed liner, tonneau cover and 5th wheel prep package installed.  So if you have any of those, your truck is probably at GFX. 

On 12/13/2021 at 6:19 PM, cjrazus1 said:

It is an answer you don’t want to hear.  Truth is the time frame from order to VIN is all over the place.  Some guys say they got their VIN weeks after ordering.  Personally mine was exactly 2 months and 2 days  “order to receiving my VIN/scheduling week”.  Then I got pushed 4 times.  As of 12/9 I moved to “In Production”. So in a nutshell your probably looking at a similar experience.  

I'm at two months two weeks with no VIN and now I have the holiday wait. I would really just like Ford to give projections to those of us who have trucks ordered with commodities issues. Information would make this process so less painful. 

2 hours ago, doyall said:

Same here. Ordered 11/1, scheduled 11/18 for week of 12/6. "Built" on 12/8 but now sidelined for no chip. I didn't have any of the known options/accessories that will cause a delay. F250 CCLB XL STX 4x4

Keep us posted if you hear anything 

3 hours ago, Rabbit01 said:

I'm at two months two weeks with no VIN and now I have the holiday wait. I would really just like Ford to give projections to those of us who have trucks ordered with commodities issues. Information would make this process so less painful. 

I ordered in August and its sitting a priority 2 and I have no vin and hardly any updates for my dealer who just says that it should be any day now. I asked if I could make changes but he said it been in the system to long. I feel your pain!

3 hours ago, Rabbit01 said:

Sad to say but in recent weeks communication from Ford has sunk to non existent.  My last build week was supposed to be 11/22.  I didn’t get a email from Ford til about 12/3 saying I got pushed to week 12/13.   I researched and found I was in production 12/13 and actually scheduled 12/14… still no email from Ford.  

In a nutshell, don’t expect to get emails from Ford in a timely manner as to the build progress of your truck. You have to do the work to be informed.  

Edited by cjrazus1

16 minutes ago, cjrazus1 said:

Sad to say but in recent weeks communication from Ford has sunk to non existent.  My last build week was supposed to be 11/22.  I didn’t get a email from Ford til about 12/3 saying I got pushed to week 12/13.   I researched and found I was in production 12/13 and actually scheduled 12/14… still no email from Ford.  

In a nutshell, don’t expect to get emails from Ford in a timely manner as to the build progress of your truck. You have to do the work to be informed.  

I havent gotten a single email from Ford even a confirmation email. Only communication is from the dealer/salesman. I provided my email at the time of order but nothing! 

11 minutes ago, DaveMows said:

I havent gotten a single email from Ford even a confirmation email. Only communication is from the dealer/salesman. I provided my email at the time of order but nothing! 

I would contact your sales manager and make sure they entered your email correctly. Most ppl get a confirmation of their order within a day or 2. 

10 hours ago, Rabbit01 said:

I was at 17 weeks and 3 days until a VIN # was assigned to my truck. It’s all over the place. Expect a long lead but hope for sooner is all I can say.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, nswan said:

I was at 17 weeks and 3 days until a VIN # was assigned to my truck. It’s all over the place. Expect a long lead but hope for sooner is all I can say.

I know Ford would like to build my truck and sell it as much as I'd like to own it and drive it, it's just the anticipation and the lack of information at times, even though the moderators here at blue oval do a great job of trying to keep us informed, which makes the wait so much more uncomfortable. 

7 hours ago, DaveMows said:

I ordered in August and its sitting a priority 2 and I have no vin and hardly any updates for my dealer who just says that it should be any day now. I asked if I could make changes but he said it been in the system to long. I feel your pain!

That's not true at all. As long as there's no VIN you can make changes to your order. I did well passed 2 months. Ask to talk to the sales manager. If there's no VIN the order is still at the dealership. I was able to make changes and I'm going on 6 months. This is supposed to be my build week but still sits in production 

14 minutes ago, awmolq said:

That's not true at all. As long as there's no VIN you can make changes to your order. I did well passed 2 months. Ask to talk to the sales manager. If there's no VIN the order is still at the dealership. I was able to make changes and I'm going on 6 months. This is supposed to be my build week but still sits in production 

You can still change if no vin #, however your priority code of 02 will go back down to a 10. But if you’re taking off accessories that are in shortage, it seems you’d have a much greater chance at getting scheduled 

8 hours ago, DaveMows said:

She's Pretty! Looks like what I ordered. Love that color, cant wait! Ordered in August still waiting on Vin or any other info. Hope you post more pic once you get it picked up.

Oh indeed… stay tuned for some “spicy” pics later today.

Edited by ikre8kos4u
Context

8 hours ago, DaveMows said:

For the hundredth time - it’s the dealer’s job to keep you updated.  You’re spending over $50k and maybe as much as $90k with them - make them do their job and give you up to date info.  Ford gives the dealer all the available info right at their fingertips.  Don’t let them off the hook.

• Like 4