2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

26 minutes ago, akirby said:

For the hundredth time - it’s the dealer’s job to keep you updated.  You’re spending over $50k and maybe as much as $90k with them - make them do their job and give you up to date info.  Ford gives the dealer all the available info right at their fingertips.  Don’t let them off the hook.

I agree with you 100%, there are a lot of salesman/dealerships that are not doing their due justice to customers. Seen plenty of it here on this forum alone. Having said that, we are in an entirely new environment still coming out of a pandemic and continuing to deal with supply chain shortages. This in turn has changed the way dealerships normally operate and for some it might be a hard thing to get accustomed to with empty lots and uncertainty if the doors will be open day after day with only retail orders attiving. No dealer stock. You should see the Chevrolet dealer here across from the ford dealer, they have maybe 10 new units on the entire lot, and about the same in used. The bulk of the vehicles out back are employee and customer service units. I am not saying to go easy on dealers/salesman, but understand the sensitive environment they are in with not knowing when the next sale will be. I have used this forum to provide information to my dealer, but I have a great salesman and we communicate back forth at least weekly throughout this process.

30 minutes ago, ikre8kos4u said:

I agree with you 100%, there are a lot of salesman/dealerships that are not doing their due justice to customers. Seen plenty of it here on this forum alone. Having said that, we are in an entirely new environment still coming out of a pandemic and continuing to deal with supply chain shortages. This in turn has changed the way dealerships normally operate and for some it might be a hard thing to get accustomed to with empty lots and uncertainty if the doors will be open day after day with only retail orders attiving. No dealer stock. You should see the Chevrolet dealer here across from the ford dealer, they have maybe 10 new units on the entire lot, and about the same in used. The bulk of the vehicles out back are employee and customer service units. I am not saying to go easy on dealers/salesman, but understand the sensitive environment they are in with not knowing when the next sale will be. I have used this forum to provide information to my dealer, but I have a great salesman and we communicate back forth at least weekly throughout this process.

2 things - this isn’t a new problem.  This has always been an issue with most dealers - they just aren’t used to dealing with orders other than calling the customer when it shows up.  Most don’t have an Ice-Capades to manage orders and don’t care.  It’s just that now there are far more orders and far more delays.

2nd - don’t confuse lack of inventory with lack of sales.  They’re selling a lot even though the lot is empty.

With more emphasis on orders I think most dealers will step up and do a better job.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ShelbyKR said:

Ordered a F250 Tremor 6/11/2021as of today no Vin# or scheduled build date.  I was hoping they would of assigned a build date and Vin# this month!

As of 12/6 started to pressure my dealer with updates before that it was 5 months of nothing but crickets...

Crickets is really all you've got right now.  It's sitting there waiting for parts, so not much the dealer can tell you at this point.  Pressuring the dealer will just get you more "no updates" emails/phone calls/texts.  It sucks, but it is what it is.  I've heard nothing but "you're order is confirmed" since I placed my order on 9/3.  I realize there's no news, so don't bother them.  Frankly, you learn more hear than your sales person will know or tell you anyway.

I was hoping to have mine by the start of camping season in March, but now I'll be happy to have it by my bday in June.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ShelbyKR said:

Ordered a F250 Tremor 6/11/2021as of today no Vin# or scheduled build date.  I was hoping they would of assigned a build date and Vin# this month!

As of 12/6 started to pressure my dealer with updates before that it was 5 months of nothing but crickets...

Regular scheduling is done on Thursday mornings. Your Dealer can confirm any status change via the Vehicle Visibility reporting system. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Hammer Time said:

I ordered my Carbonized Gray Metallic Limited today and received confirmation about 5 minutes later. Now the wait begins. Given adaptive steering isn’t an option on the Limited I will be curious to see how the issues with the lack of AS I am reading about impact my build. 

I thought AS was standard on the limited

1 hour ago, akirby said:

2 things - this isn’t a new problem.  This has always been an issue with most dealers - they just aren’t used to dealing with orders other than calling the customer when it shows up.  Most don’t have an Ice-Capades to manage orders and don’t care.  It’s just that now there are far more orders and far more delays.

2nd - don’t confuse lack of inventory with lack of sales.  They’re selling a lot even though the lot is empty.

With more emphasis on orders I think most dealers will step up and do a better job.  

@akirby did you not see that the majority of my post was agreeing with you? I only added that some dealers should be given some sort forgiveness since the environment is new. When was the last time we had a pandemic and supply shortages of this magnitude (keep politics out of it) like we are currently experiencing. The Spanish flu? Doubt most of us on here were even alive when that occurred.

1 hour ago, ikre8kos4u said:

@akirby did you not see that the majority of my post was agreeing with you? I only added that some dealers should be given some sort forgiveness since the environment is new. When was the last time we had a pandemic and supply shortages of this magnitude (keep politics out of it) like we are currently experiencing. The Spanish flu? Doubt most of us on here were even alive when that occurred.

I guess you missed my point.  The only thing that’s new here is the number of orders and the length of some of the delays.  The mechanism for dealers to order and track vehicles hasn’t changed.  Commodity holds are not new and happen all the time every year every model.

It would only take a couple of hours per week for the dealership to go through every order and check status and update the customers.  But most have never done that even pre pandemic.  The pandemic is just highlighting bad dealership practices due to the volume and longer than normal delays.

As for not having vehicles to sell - Ford is only down 5% YTD sales.  Some dealers may be hit a little harder than others but it’s not like they don’t have vehicles to sell.

I refuse to make excuses for dealers who have the ability to provide good customer service but choose not to.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, akirby said:

For the hundredth time - it’s the dealer’s job to keep you updated.  You’re spending over $50k and maybe as much as $90k with them - make them do their job and give you up to date info.  Ford gives the dealer all the available info right at their fingertips.  Don’t let them off the hook.

You're absolutely right. My sales rep has been great. We have talked once a week since mine was built and he goes into vehicle visibility and tells me what he can see. It may be a bit different these days, but good customer service is just plain ole good customer service. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, doyall said:

...   Ford does have decades of experience at this to guide them. ...

... moved off-site  (I am presuming for the infamous "chip" issue).  Ford tracker says estimated delivery 12/28.  No way I see that happening as I have not received anything from Ford that it has been built and shipped.

As I got my your-truck-is-built email this morning (12/15), I am hoping that the decades of experience pan out.  The email says estimated delivery 12/21 to 12/27.  Call me skeptical again when others have experienced 3 - 4 week deliveries.  Obviously I was wrong about the "chip" issue, at least in my long-term assessment, so I hope I am wrong about my skepticism here as well.  I am ready to eat more crow!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Love the antimatter blue! I've currently got carbonized gray on order, but considering changing to antimatter.  Ugh! If the damn thing would just get built, I could quit agonizing over my color choice!  ? 

I ordered my F450 Platinum in the same color as you also.  Everytime I see someone get theirs in blue or red I think "I like the way that looks".  If they could just schedule me I would quit thinking about it too lol.

Edited by manko
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, manko said:

I ordered my F450 Platinum in the same color as you also.  Everytime I see someone get theirs in blue or red I think "I like the way that looks".  If they could just schedule me I would quit thinking about it too lol.

I originally had a rapid red over carbonized gray, but with the change to a Platinum, I had to drop the two tone. :(  I don't like the red with painted bumpers.

44 minutes ago, doyall said:

As I got my your-truck-is-built email this morning (12/15), I am hoping that the decades of experience pan out.  The email says estimated delivery 12/21 to 12/27.  Call me skeptical again when others have experienced 3 - 4 week deliveries.  Obviously I was wrong about the "chip" issue, at least in my long-term assessment, so I hope I am wrong about my skepticism here as well.  I am ready to eat more crow!

When was your truck built before it was sent offsite?  And what options did have added at GFX?  Trying to figure out about how long mine will take at GFX.

1 hour ago, fordmantpw said:

Love the antimatter blue! I've currently got carbonized gray on order, but considering changing to antimatter.  Ugh! If the damn thing would just get built, I could quit agonizing over my color choice!  ? 

In a dark setting out of any light it looks black. But when it’s in the sunlight. Let me tell you that paint sparkles and shines and a whole lotta words I will refrain from stating here.

• Like 2

Prior to the tracking web site issues of last week, I was able to view my sticker.

When I look today it's not there and I get the - "Please check back later - The window sticker has not been released for this vehicle."

Is this just part of cleaning up the web site to full working order, or did they take it back.

I am still showing a on hold for Chip

Thanks

1 hour ago, Jim58 said:

When was your truck built before it was sent offsite?  And what options did have added at GFX?  Trying to figure out about how long mine will take at GFX.

Maybe this will be of  help, mine went to the body shop for tonneau cover and bedliner. It was at the body shop for about 7 days I guess.

F450 Platinum with 98.6% of all options, Antimatter Blue Metallic. (Retractable tonneau cover, 5th wheel/gooseneck, spray-in bedliner) 

• Ordered Confirmed: 20 April 2021.
  • 1st Email: 16 June 2021 when dealer added my email address to the order it generated a response email immediately. 
  • Order Adjustment: 16 August 2021, removed Adaptive Steering.
  • Scheduled Week Email: 16 September 2021, received email from Ford, build week is 25 October 2021.
  • Scheduled Week Adjustment: 30 September 2021, received email from Ford moving build week to 1 November 2021. 
  • notified by dealer 21 October 2021 that the truck has a build day now.
  • dealer notification that truck is sent to plant 29 October 2021. (Window Sticker also dated the same)
  • In Production: 4 November 2021. (Plant was shut-down this week so my build did not happen)(Window sticker now has a date of 12 November 2021)
  • Built: 17 November 2021, released to body shop for tough bed liner and tonneau cover.
  • Built: 24 November 2021.
  • Shipped: 26 November 2021.
  • Delivery Date: Delivered to dealer 14 December 2021.
  • ETA End Date: should take delivery 15 December 2021.
  • Like 1

Below is a copy of my VVR as provided by my dealer this past Monday.  It shows "Produced" and to the right of that status, there's a date range.  Can someone advise what "Produced" means (I assume it means "built" but...) and the meaning of the date range? 

TIA ?

876232798_ScreenShot2021-12-15at4_42_07PM.thumb.png.b121a82582a9c63af06019b6ce8cfdc3.png

Edited by catastrofe

16 minutes ago, catastrofe said:

Below is a copy of my VVR as provided by my dealer this past Monday.  It shows "Produced" and to the right of that status, there's a date range.  Can someone advise what "Produced" means (I assume it means "built" but...) and the meaning of the date range? 

TIA ?

876232798_ScreenShot2021-12-15at4_42_07PM.thumb.png.b121a82582a9c63af06019b6ce8cfdc3.png

Date range is delivery eta