2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

29 minutes ago, marinerjoe said:

Understood.  But if parts are not an issue (I.e. not on the limited availability list published here), with identical or extremely similar  builds (trim level, engine, options, etc), I have a hard time seeing orders from November being scheduled, built, and delivered while September or August or earlier are still awaiting scheduling (“clean”).

There are only 2 reasons a truck that’s been waiting more than 3 months hasn’t been scheduled.  Either the dealer has other trucks ahead of it in queue (based on priority) or parts.  There are thousands of parts in a truck and it’s unlikely two trucks are exactly the same.  

These unfounded conspiracy theories are getting old.

Edited by akirby
  • Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 12:46 PM, danielj said:

Thank you ice. I may stop in on Tuesday or Wednesday cause the dealership doesnt know how to utilize a phone. 

Your input and information is always appreciated. 

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! 

I cant believe they wont call you, I have Justin as my sales rep and we talk weekly. He calls me and pulls the vvr up while I am on the phone with him and then sends me a  email screen shot of it.. My dad always said the only person thats less honest than an attorney was a car salesman. (no offense to those that are in sales)

2 hours ago, marinerjoe said:

And it wasn’t on Super Duty orders…

I ordered on 8-7 and got the First responder  $500 off plus I got $1000 rebate off for ordering this truck, plus the dealer took off an additional $4k or $5k off the msrp (I will have to look at the sales agreement for the exact amount). I called 4 Ford dealers and got bids from all of them. They will all tell you the same thing"we all pay the same price for the truck". What they dont tell you is that the more they sell, the manufacturer will reduce the cost of the vehicle at the end of the quarter and proved the dealership with a check for the difference. 

Edited by OREGUNFIRE

3 hours ago, Lee2021 said:

Earlier this year Ford was offering $1,000 rebate for those that ordered, ........ but that dried up a bit ago.

image.thumb.png.2f9e83fd70afe4252b6d6af093ffa388.png 

Unfortunately, that's way before I put my order in (September 2nd) so that won't do me much good. Besides, as someone else pointed out, that excluded SD. All they have done for us is raise the price instead :) At least they are offering price protection.

Edited by AtlasBlue350

Hey everyone. I’m new here. I’ve been reading up on this thread and other for days now. Lord at the great information available here! 
I ordered my 22 f350 lariat sport appearance package on 9/27. She went into production 12/22 and was built awaiting shipping on 12/23. Estimated delivery is 1/8 - 1/14.

thanks for all the info guys!

D73C4782-701F-4D6E-9099-650528F4C078.png

Edited by Josh_tree50

On 12/25/2021 at 12:32 PM, 1972Mach1 said:

Aside from the military incentive (if still available) what else are they offering? 

I haven’t seen anything offered currently. Aside from the usual veteran, student, first responder discount of $500.  When I ordered back in July, the GSM of the dealership  actually told me there was a $1,000 incentive. I thought that was very cool of him because I couldn’t find a rebate anywhere. SD incentives are nil,  half tons you can find them all day long.  Almost every commercial currently is for half tons (Ford, Chevy, or Dodge).

F87065B8-774B-4275-8871-4E0A55DF3D66.thumb.jpeg.aa0c01ec91f872e8c8a21ba9f212f9f0.jpeg

I got this in the mail about a week ago. Have 2019 f250 they are calling loyalty rewards. Have not traded truck to dealer yet and i just paid it off truck about a month ago. My sales rep says he can still apply it to my oct 2nd order and says it should be honored  as long as its is applied to order prior to exp. Date end of Feb. 2022.  My build date got pushed out till 3rd week Jan. We shall see.. 

11 hours ago, OREGUNFIRE said:

I cant believe they wont call you, I have Justin as my sales rep and we talk weekly. He calls me and pulls the vvr up while I am on the phone with him and then sends me a  email screen shot of it.. My dad always said the only person thats less honest than an attorney was a car salesman. (no offense to those that are in sales)

Justin has helped me several times and had made a effort to get some of my questions answered. He is also the one that got my email added to my order so I could get Fords email updates. I was going to try and get the sale moved over to him and maybe he could be my salesman. Maybe I'll have a better experience with him. 

• Like 1

Hi all,

Just to give some info on performance.  Below is a pic of the milage my brother got on his 2021 new platinum f350 short bed diesel 4x4 3.55 axle from Texas to Colorado.  My 2022 f450 did mostly the same trip but more mountains and I got 16.2 mpg over 1600 miles. Merry Christmas and happy new year!

123_1.jpeg

• Like 1

Yay, finally!! Email from Ford this morning: "Your 2022 Super Duty F-350 Lariat Order: Your Order Has Been Built". So at least we know they are still working on the line this week. Yesterday or the day before I tried to use FordPass on my Android phone to connect to the vehicle and it was unable to connect. This morning it connected just fine. So whatever chip or module it was waiting on must have been installed. Now the wait for shipment/delivery.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Yay, finally!! Email from Ford this morning: "Your 2022 Super Duty F-350 Lariat Order: Your Order Has Been Built". So at least we know they are still working on the line this week. Yesterday or the day before I tried to use FordPass on my Android phone to connect to the vehicle and it was unable to connect. This morning it connected just fine. So whatever chip or module it was waiting on must have been installed. Now the wait for shipment/delivery.

You were able to connect via FordPass before your truck was delivered? I was under the impression you needed to be in the vehicle to verify the connection. 

I can't get any information from my dealer and it's becoming annoying. They refuse to tell me if I'm on a chip hold or anything. They tell me "sent off site" and nothing has changed. I'm speculating chip hold but they won't confirm or deny. I'll never order from this dealer again. This waiting is killing me

2 hours ago, bheminger said:

You were able to connect via FordPass before your truck was delivered? I was under the impression you needed to be in the vehicle to verify the connection. 

When you first bring up FordPass, you have to enter your VIN and then it will do a search to see if it can find the vehicle. If it can, then that indicates the electronics are alive. If not, it comes back with "Vehicle Not Found". If it does find the truck, it provides a link to "Activate Vehicle". That's when you need to be inside the rig to verify the FordPass connection.

Edited by AtlasBlue350
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, awmolq said:

I can't get any information from my dealer and it's becoming annoying. They refuse to tell me if I'm on a chip hold or anything. They tell me "sent off site" and nothing has changed. I'm speculating chip hold but they won't confirm or deny. I'll never order from this dealer again. This waiting is killing me

when was your build date?

15 minutes ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

When you first bring up FordPass, you have to enter your VIN and then it will do a search to see if it can find the vehicle. If it can, then that indicates the electronics are alive. If not, it comes back with "Vehicle Not Found". If it does find the truck, it provides a link to "Activate Vehicle". That's when you need to be inside the rig to verify the FordPass connection.

Thanks, I was able to use my VIN and find my truck even though its currently on the chip hold. 

49 minutes ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

ice-capades, is a VVR proprietary information? I called my dealer a bit ago to ask him what the Railcar number was on my shipped F350 and he said he couldn't give that to me because it was proprietary information. From what I understand, the Railcar number is on the Secondary column of the VVR. Thanks!  

Technically, yes. Anything on the vehicle visibility report is Ford Confidential. It is up to the dealer whether or not they want to share that information with you.

2 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

ice-capades, is a VVR proprietary information? I called my dealer a bit ago to ask him what the Railcar number was on my shipped F350 and he said he couldn't give that to me because it was proprietary information. From what I understand, the Railcar number is on the Secondary column of the VVR. Thanks!  

Another misinformed dealer.

15 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Yay, finally!! Email from Ford this morning: "Your 2022 Super Duty F-350 Lariat Order: Your Order Has Been Built". So at least we know they are still working on the line this week. 

All Ford North American plants are down until 01/03/2022 or later depending on the plant. Ford communications are not sent out in real time. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

Ford considers anything distributed via the FMCDealer.com portal to be proprietary information. And yes, the rail car information is on the Vehicle Visibility report as I've posted many times. 

Ford_Vehicle Visibility_Confidential.jpg

Vehicle Visibility_Shipped Rail_Rail Car Number.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content