2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

14 minutes ago, Gatorewc said:

Today on advice from my dealer I dropped the spray-in-liner, bed roll cover and front wheel well covers.  Hoping this moves me right along.  Need a 4/4/2022 delivery to save a $2500 coupon.  Have my fingers crossed .... we shall see.

Where did you get the coupon? Is it targeted?

4 hours ago, CHristopher Runyan said:

Once the chip shortage gets figured out, and all the trucks sitting on the sidelines get fitted, there will be a ton of new vehicles released into the market which will stabilize the market. 

The commodity shortage just bugs me for some reason. If there’s a chip shortage why can I walk into Walmart and buy any HDTV I want - and on sale? Pretty sure those TV’s have lots of chips… and aluminum wheels? No shortage of beer in aluminum cans! If there really were shortages then everything using those commodities would be impacted. Meanwhile the 10 richest people in the world doubled their wealth in the last 2 years. I think Ford is as much a victim of profiteering as the rest of us.

17 minutes ago, El_Supremo said:

The commodity shortage just bugs me for some reason. If there’s a chip shortage why can I walk into Walmart and buy any HDTV I want - and on sale? Pretty sure those TV’s have lots of chips… and aluminum wheels? No shortage of beer in aluminum cans! If there really were shortages then everything using those commodities would be impacted. Meanwhile the 10 richest people in the world doubled their wealth in the last 2 years. I think Ford is as much a victim of profiteering as the rest of us.

Its been explained several times.  The biggest problem is Ford and other automakers lowered their chip forecast due to Covid and chipmakers shifted their production to other industries.   And the commodity issues are not necessarily chips.  Could be any material in some cases just because of shipping delays.  Or the factory bedliner - those are done in a facility across the street and they’re not only having problems with employees being out but the percentage of trucks with factory bedliners is far higher than ever before because dealers almost never Oder that for stock orders since they can easily add it at time of sale.

• Like 1

What matters now about the supply chains is going forward they don't order too much and create a supply gut that collapses prices. It's going to be very difficult for a lot of these companies to get it right. I think the industry most poised for disruption/crash are the ATV and boat markets.... not to mention swimming pools which depend greatly on home improvement and equity loans. If the housing market slips so too will that industry. A lot of companies hired new people, bought new equipment etc. 

Hi I'd like to start out by saying thanks for this forum. I have been reading on here for the last couple weeks since finding this forum. I have read so much that I'm getting information overload. I ordered back on 9/24 and am waiting like many others on here. Called my dealer last week and asked him to drop the 5th wheel and bed liner. Hopefully this will speed up process.

3 hours ago, Silverback99 said:

Just got my window sticker on my 22 F250 Lariat I ordered and have the printout of the order from my dealer. I ordered 3.55 electronic locking rear axle and the window sticker shows 3.31 electronic locking. Truck build was 2/01. Dealer told me sorry about the mistake would you like to order another? WTH is this.  I asked for them swap out complete axle or gears and was told no, but they would charge me a discount rate on parts/labor to swap out. Any one else experience this or similar issue? 

given the 10R140 gear ratios, you're ok with the 3.31, and it what I went with.

Had a question for anyone that can provide insight. After reading though some of the post on guys who have been waiting some time I have seen some posts talking about people getting an email from ford saying their order has been received within a week or so. Is this customary?  Dealership asked for my email and said it would be for ford to communicate with me through. Just don’t want to be waiting for some time only to find out dealership has not submitted the order correctly and that is why I have not received an email. They printed out the MSRP sheet for me with the invoice price and the x-plan price and I signed it and kept a copy of it after reviewing all the options. Then later I was emailed the same sheet with an updated priority code of 10 and an order number in it. Just want to be proactive so I don’t get taken advantage of. 

Thanks!!

3 hours ago, Silverback99 said:

Just got my window sticker on my 22 F250 Lariat I ordered and have the printout of the order from my dealer. I ordered 3.55 electronic locking rear axle and the window sticker shows 3.31 electronic locking. Truck build was 2/01. Dealer told me sorry about the mistake would you like to order another? WTH is this.  I asked for them swap out complete axle or gears and was told no, but they would charge me a discount rate on parts/labor to swap out. Any one else experience this or similar issue? 

Wow!  That is crazy. Reordering will take forever and I am assuming you have already been waiting for some time. Reading some of these mishaps makes me fearful of trading in my 2020 super duty while waiting for my new one to be built. The trade in price is good, but if something this happened to me I would be inclined to keep my old one. Hope the come up with some kind of better resolution for you. 

Ordered an F350 Lariat Ultimate, Sport Appearance, Tremor pkg pretty 10 Jan immediately got a confirmation email from Ford accepting my order that day. Talked to my salesman today and nothing scheduled in the VVRS. I wonder how long it will take to get a VIN? 

1 hour ago, Dog breath said:

could someone explain to me what "clean/unscheduled order" means please

I am no guru on this stuff but I found this explanation in a post by “cyberdman” (sorry if I misspelled). It appears he is a guru and helps a lot of people out with tracking their progress of vehicle production. This is what he had to say. 
Unscheduled-Clean, that means you have a successful order in the system and it isn't currently scheduled for production”.  

Hope this helps!!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gatorewc said:

Today on advice from my dealer I dropped the spray-in-liner, bed roll cover and front wheel well covers.  Hoping this moves me right along.  Need a 4/4/2022 delivery to save a $2500 coupon.  Have my fingers crossed .... we shall see.

If you got the same offer I did the fine print says order or take delivery by April 4th.  

if it is a PCO, you only need to have ordered before that date. Should be in small print toward the bottom.

My truck came after my PCO expired. The dealer put in a request to Ford about it. I received a check from Ford a couple months later.

• Like 1

Has anyone been able to view their window sticker lately?  I haven't been able to view mine for about 2 weeks now. I received the email 2 days ago that my truck has been built, but the link to see the window sticker comes up saying the sticker isn't available.

Rich

1 hour ago, jhaber said:

My truck came after my PCO expired. The dealer put in a request to Ford about it. I received a check from Ford a couple months later.

Is that how it’s supposed to work or did you tell them you had a PCO after the actual purchase?  I was expecting the PCO to knock down the walk-out price?

18 hours ago, Patriot1 said:

Ordered an F350 Lariat Ultimate, Sport Appearance, Tremor pkg pretty 10 Jan immediately got a confirmation email from Ford accepting my order that day. Talked to my salesman today and nothing scheduled in the VVRS. I wonder how long it will take to get a VIN? 

If you just ordered on January 10, 2022

Then your in for a long wait. 

I'm over 100 days from order placed and VVR still only shows "unscheduled clean"

Expect to wait 4 to 5 months before you get scheduled for a build 

Edited by Havasu Guy
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Zippy said:

My truck is currently In Production, after ordering it on 6/28/21.   I wanted to make sure on the price protection so I emailed my salesman and he indicated I was most likely going to be charged the price increases.  

I then forwarded him the documents in this forum and was then told I WOULD be price protected.

It's really sad for those people that don't know to follow forums like this that they are probably getting screwed.

Thanks for those people on here doing the heavy lifting for the rest of us.

I am shocked for how many dealers pull this kind of stuff. And I'm glad I found this forum to help protect me from paying thousands of dollars extra.

3 hours ago, Dog breath said:

could someone explain to me what "clean/unscheduled order" means please

On 12/6/2021 at 3:15 PM, ice-capades said:

Unscheduled/Clean is the normal status when the order is first submitted to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). Unscheduled/Clean status means that there are no errors or compatibility issues with the vehicle specifications and the order can be scheduled. Unscheduled/Clean status does not indicate when or how soon the order will be scheduled. Scheduling is dependent on allocation, assigned priority code, applicable commodity restraints and other factors at the time is reviewed and considered for scheduling. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mike83 said:

Had a question for anyone that can provide insight. After reading though some of the post on guys who have been waiting some time I have seen some posts talking about people getting an email from ford saying their order has been received within a week or so. Is this customary?  Dealership asked for my email and said it would be for ford to communicate with me through. Just don’t want to be waiting for some time only to find out dealership has not submitted the order correctly and that is why I have not received an email. They printed out the MSRP sheet for me with the invoice price and the x-plan price and I signed it and kept a copy of it after reviewing all the options. Then later I was emailed the same sheet with an updated priority code of 10 and an order number in it. Just want to be proactive so I don’t get taken advantage of. 

Thanks!!

I'm currently awaiting the 3rd truck I've ordered through 3 different dealers, and I've never gotten the email updates like you are supposed to.  Apparently if your dealer inputs the information correctly you will receive email updates on your vehicle as it progresses through the system, and I never got them for my 2015, 2021, or my 2022.  It sounds you are on top of things, getting them to put the price in writing, and I am assuming that the order sheets have all of the correct options on them so there really isn't much more you can do on your end that I am aware of/can think of.  Unfortunately the amount of time you can end up waiting on these trucks gives too much time to worry about what can go wrong until it shows up.

• Like 2