2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

22 minutes ago, Jason the Mason said:

I just got off the phone with the dealer and he say's that I'm still at a priority code 11. That's what I was 2 weeks ago when I had him drop the 5th wheel prep and the bed liner. It is definitely getting frustrating. 

Priority is set by the dealer manually.  It doesn’t change unless the dealer changes it.  That’s how they tell Ford which vehicles to build first.  10 is the best but 11 is good and probably means you’re near the front of the queue.  Just ask the dealer how many trucks are in front of yours.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jason the Mason said:

I just got off the phone with the dealer and he say's that I'm still at a priority code 11. That's what I was 2 weeks ago when I had him drop the 5th wheel prep and the bed liner. It is definitely getting frustrating. 

When did you order the truck? I kept the 5th wheel prep and bed liner in mine and got scheduled.

Priority is set by the dealer manually.  It doesn’t change unless the dealer changes it.  That’s how they tell Ford which vehicles to build first.  10 is the best but 11 is good and probably means you’re near the front of the queue.  Just ask the dealer how many trucks are in front of yours.

Thanks, I just got off the phone with the dealer again and he moved both of our trucks to priority 10. He said that he thought a priority 11 was the best.

47 minutes ago, Jason the Mason said:

My priority code was 17 from start to finish.  

2 hours ago, CheeseheadFord said:

And I get that but some of the trucks I've seen with super fast turnaround have been high trim highly optioned trucks. I placed my order $500 below invoice, it was the cheapest dealer in the area by far so I suspect they've had people coming from 100s of miles away to do the same which would result in more of a back log. I was changed to priority 10 this week but dealer said that won't really do much for me. 

From what my dealer said as well as I sit at a 12 ordered 12/7/21 the priority numbers don’t really matter as we’ve seen. More luck of the draw. 

53 minutes ago, Joshkbird said:

From what my dealer said as well as I sit at a 12 ordered 12/7/21 the priority numbers don’t really matter as we’ve seen. More luck of the draw. 

I was lucky my dealer hovered the X plan pricing.  Now if could get a PCO man I’ve been trying!!!!

I would like to believe that Ford would build any truck they had all the parts needed for a given configuration. In the order of orders received. Like if some guy ordered the same config as I did but ordered it a week before I did his should be built first. If  you don' t have all the parts you don't built the truck. But if you have the parts build the truck.

Been following this page for awhile and have a question?   My truck was built 2/1 and has not shipped still.  Called dealership to see what the hold up is and was told it had been moved to storage which he has never seen. He has been their ordering manager for over 20 years.  He requested a track on the truck from district manager yesterday and still has not found it yet.  Should I be worried?  I trust the dealership been doing business with them for over 20 years and bought a lot of vehicles from them and they have always been straight.  Is there anyway to find out more info on the truck?

Hey guys I know it’s been talked about but I’m about to be inpatient and buy a truck off a lot. I just called ford to see my order status from an order placed 12/7/21. And she said it says order processing then provided me with a vin number. Does this mean I’ll be in production soon? Thank you

17 minutes ago, Joshkbird said:

Hey guys I know it’s been talked about but I’m about to be inpatient and buy a truck off a lot. I just called ford to see my order status from an order placed 12/7/21. And she said it says order processing then provided me with a vin number. Does this mean I’ll be in production soon? Thank you

My understanding is once you get a vin it's scheduled but the ones scheduled this week are about a month out from being built. So you're not gonna have it in the next few weeks no. 

Lots around you actually have new super Dutys? There aren't many here and the ones that are are slim pickings

53 minutes ago, Joshkbird said:

Lemme ask ya this... you're about to spend 60, 70, 80K on a new truck and you're gonna get impatient and just buy of the lot? Man I don't know. The cost of a new Super Duty is high enough that I will wait to get EXACTLY what I want for my money.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, tjm73 said:

Lemme ask ya this... you're about to spend 60, 70, 80K on a new truck and you're gonna get impatient and just buy of the lot? Man I don't know. The cost of a new Super Duty is high enough that I will wait to get EXACTLY what I want for my money.

I know!! The problem is it’s almost exactly what I ordered minus the sport appearance package. Same color inside and out. And a couple extras I didn’t put on like console safe and trailer camera backup assist. 

1 hour ago, Joshkbird said:

I know!! The problem is it’s almost exactly what I ordered minus the sport appearance package. Same color inside and out. And a couple extras I didn’t put on like console safe and trailer camera backup assist. 

that just leaves the question do you want the counsel safe and camera back up more than the the sport appearance package and have a truck now and are they not marking it up?

Edited by KidNick

3 hours ago, Bay79 said:

Been following this page for awhile and have a question?   My truck was built 2/1 and has not shipped still.  Called dealership to see what the hold up is and was told it had been moved to storage which he has never seen. He has been their ordering manager for over 20 years.  He requested a track on the truck from district manager yesterday and still has not found it yet.  Should I be worried?  I trust the dealership been doing business with them for over 20 years and bought a lot of vehicles from them and they have always been straight.  Is there anyway to find out more info on the truck?

Its been happening a lot the last year.  What rock has your dealer been under?  It’s on microchip hold.