2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

13 minutes ago, kfford said:

Hate to hear that for both of us.  Patience is not something I have an abundance of but having to work on that.  Talking with others in the same situation or worse (your case) at least starts to make me feel better. ?   

I'm lucky in the fact that I don't need a truck for work but it seems that a lot of my camping plans will be put on hold seeing that my 5th wheel no longer has a mate.

1 hour ago, Forderorder said:

Communicate better about status, cause for delay, and what options can be removed to help expedite?  Not break the order tracker?  Not make price protection such a mystery and keep hiking the price?  Keep their Search Inventory page up and running?  Fix the COVP process?  How about some innovation to become less chip-dependent?  Bring back floor shifters for 4x4 and manual transmissions.

Do you honestly think it’s realistic for Ford to go through 30k orders every week and tell every customer exactly why his or her truck did t get selected?

It’s not reasonable for Ford to do that and the other communication issues are the dealer’s fault.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, akirby said:

Do you honestly think it’s realistic for Ford to go through 30k orders every week and tell every customer exactly why his or her truck did t get selected?

It’s not reasonable for Ford to do that and the other communication issues are the dealer’s fault.

Realistically, yes! There is an abundance of technology available today that they should have a system put in place that is better than what they have now. Majority of orders are placed via a computer system. You get a dealer code and order code. Once ford receives the order in the electronic system, I should be able to go to a designated site ie. ford.com, put in my dealer code and order number and place whatever email I would like communication from ford and have info accessible based on my order. All items are inventoried in some way prior to being used on a vehicle, if stores can tell us on their website there are X amount of boxes in stock for a particular item then ford should be able to do the same. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, HarryTaint said:

Realistically, yes! There is an abundance of technology available today that they should have a system put in place that is better than what they have now. Majority of orders are placed via a computer system. You get a dealer code and order code. Once ford receives the order in the electronic system, I should be able to go to a designated site ie. ford.com, put in my dealer code and order number and place whatever email I would like communication from ford and have info accessible based on my order. All items are inventoried in some way prior to being used on a vehicle, if stores can tell us on their website there are X amount of boxes in stock for a particular item then ford should be able to do the same. 

It’s not reasonable for Ford to do that and the other communication issues are the dealer’s fault.

35 minutes ago, akirby said:

I’m with Harry on this one. I don’t expect them to do it by hand one by one… did you really believe that’s what I was suggesting?  Obviously there are computers involved. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, KidNick said:

It’s not reasonable for Ford to do that and the other communication issues are the dealer’s fault.

That wasn't the statement, the original statement was 'Do you honestly think it’s realistic for Ford to go through 30k orders every week and tell every customer exactly why his or her truck did t get selected?' yes it is realistic. Reasonable, I don't know I'm not ford marketing or higher up weighing those options. 

• Like 1

How much IT experience do you guys have?  I have over 35 years and that’s not how the software works.  It doesn’t check each order one by one which is what it would have to do to do what you’re asking.  Could it be done with enough time and money?  Of course but it’s not as simple as you think.  Not to mention that once we get past the supply chain issues it wouldn’t be needed.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, akirby said:

How much IT experience do you guys have?  I have over 35 years and that’s not how the software works.  It doesn’t check each order one by one which is what it would have to do to do what you’re asking.  Could it be done with enough time and money?  Of course but it’s not as simple as you think.  Not to mention that once we get past the supply chain issues it wouldn’t be needed.

I work in IT as well, not 35 years but 12. They're a billion dollar company there is certainly something better they can do as far as automated notifications. From what I see people are mad about just the can being kicked down the road with no explanation. If Ford can fire off an email that says your date has been moved to X date they can do the same with a reason why.

I am the other bunch though, I'd love to get some email from Ford other than the confirmation that they received my order. I'd love to get an email that bumps me back, that shows I am at least in the queue....

Edited by CheeseheadFord
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, akirby said:

I never said any of that. The question was plain and simple, is it realistic? And the answer to that is yes, there are always going to be more variables to account for. 

15 minutes ago, akirby said:

It's my profession.  That may not be how the (Ford's) software works, but it's well within the bounds of how well made systems can work.  Ford wouldn't be where they are now if Henry Ford didn't drive revolutionary changes, and if they throw up their arms and stop evolving the competition will surely surpass. 

• Like 2

Ordered a 250 King Ranch Tremor Super Duty 6.7 Diesel in April 2021. The dealer told me today that is still not scheduled. I have seen many posts where orders for Super Duties came in after me and were filled in 4 to 6 months. Next month will be a year since I put my order in. Do I give up at this point? Does anyone have any insight on this?

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Forderorder said:

I’m with Harry on this one. I don’t expect them to do it by hand one by one… did you really believe that’s what I was suggesting?  Obviously there are computers involved. 

+1 with Harry

If anyone knows different let us know, but I'm guessing that when KTP is shut down next week, the place where they put on the secondary items like console safe, tonneau covers and more will continue to operate as long as they have parts in stock. I wouldn't think they would lay off more workers than necessary and hold up more almost finished builds if they had parts. My build week was 02-28 but not a peep more than 'in production' on the tracker. Hopefully it got built, if not I guess it's a bit more of a wait.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/03/2022-ford-super-duty-production-once-again-impacted-by-chip-shortage/

32 minutes ago, CheeseheadFord said:

I work in IT as well, not 35 years but 12. They're a billion dollar company there is certainly something better they can do as far as automated notifications. From what I see people are mad about just the can being kicked down the road with no explanation. If Ford can fire off an email that says your date has been moved to X date they can do the same with a reason why.

I am the other bunch though, I'd love to get some email from Ford other than the confirmation that they received my order. I'd love to get an email that bumps me back, that shows I am at least in the queue....

40 years and still going...yes it can be done and nothing is that difficult.  And perhaps you are right that it would not be necessary once supply chain issues are gone...but that could be an if and or when.  The whole order/purchase process should be moved online anyway, and eliminate the dealer salesperson.  Dealer would just need service and a sales clerk.  Actually what does a salesperson do these days anyway?  We all filled out our customer order on line, sent them the details so they can key it in some other system.  Clerks...

19 minutes ago, themadmonk said:

If anyone knows different let us know, but I'm guessing that when KTP is shut down next week, the place where they put on the secondary items like console safe, tonneau covers and more will continue to operate as long as they have parts in stock. I wouldn't think they would lay off more workers than necessary and hold up more almost finished builds if they had parts. My build week was 02-28 but not a peep more than 'in production' on the tracker. Hopefully it got built, if not I guess it's a bit more of a wait.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/03/2022-ford-super-duty-production-once-again-impacted-by-chip-shortage/

Mine was also the week of 2/28 and still shows in production. Cyberdman looked it up today and said it was supposed to have been built 3/2 but it hasn't gone into build. Unless it is built today or tonight I guess I'll be waiting again with everyone else. 

16 minutes ago, HarryTaint said:

Hopefully this is a good sign. My build date isn't until 3/15, Ordered Aug 24. But still no window sticker. Some movement is better than nothing at all I guess. 

1E5E7357-BC33-4CFD-872A-DBB39713638F.png

looks like a good sign to me...

18 minutes ago, themadmonk said:

Take this with a grain of salt, but:

Over the Christmas shutdowns, even though the line was not running, they continued to bring back trucks from off-site that were awaiting chip installs.  I do not know if this shutdown will be similar.  Source: 

• Like 2

Do you all who think Ford should email everyone individually about your orders and what's holding that up really think it through? Minute to minute things change, one day they have enough fairy dust for your order, but they don't have enough rainbow sprinkles. Next hour they used up all the fairy dust building the orders with unicorn horns and now they are out. But wait, now there are rainbow sprinkles again but now out the fairy dust so yours still won't get built. Do you have any idea how many emails you would be getting daily and how confused you would be? In two days you would be complaining you're getting too many emails and too much information. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, dkeene said:

Congratulations!  For some reason mine changed.  The only constraints I had was the adaptive steering and the spray in bed liner. Both of those were deleted a while ago. Hopefully mine is built also.

Does your truck show built 

1 hour ago, HarryTaint said:

Hopefully this is a good sign. My build date isn't until 3/15, Ordered Aug 24. But still no window sticker. Some movement is better than nothing at all I guess. 

1E5E7357-BC33-4CFD-872A-DBB39713638F.png

How many times did you get pushed back? I ordered on 9/7 so I am hopefully not far behind you.

Great news and progress. After 277 days I received my window sticker.  The duration was a expected and understood. For those who have recently ordered please understand that you are in for a wait.  All the computers and I.T. on the planet will not change the fact that parts and commodities are strained.  You can blame it on what ever makes you feel better but in the end you will wait…..just like everyone else.  For the record and curious I ordered 1 June 21. F250 Rapid Red Lariat 7.3 Gas Tremor, BOS, Ultimate, Moonroof, Winch, Safe, Adaptive Cruise, Upfitter, Rain Sensing Wipers, vinyl, Ultimate Trailer Tow, Splash Guards, Garage Door, and hood deflector.  I expect it will be 1 or 2 months before it shows up at my dealers.  That would make the entire process very close to a year.  It’s conceivable and realistic to think that Ford will shorten this waiting time for future orders based on availability of parts and commodities. Just not this year.  Every major manufacturer is going thru similar issues.  For real insight and understanding of how the process works and what to expect follow ice capades threads. The man knows his !#$&. I appreciate the fact that Ford does not prioritize build trucks based on the price tag. If your believe your entitled to your truck first because you paid more than the rest of us then your a damn fool and part of what’s wrong in this country.  For those who are still waiting patiently with the rest of us……hang in there and stay the course. Your truck will be built.  

• Like 5

5 hours ago, HarryTaint said:

Yes, the regional rep told my salesman who then called me and told me that. 

I'm skeptical that a regional rep actually told the salesman that.

Communications such as that come through official channels and are made public first.  Either a regional rep needs to be fired, or a dealer salesman completely misunderstood what he had been told.

Just talked with Ford Marketing, had an original build week of 3/21 then it changed to 3/28 but now its been pushed all the way until 5/2. WTF it will be almost a year from order. Very frustrated to say the least especially since a local dealer has 2 450 Platinum's sitting on their lot that are full loaded just like the one I ordered. They have them listed at 117K! Not happy to say the least! 

1 hour ago, cboy said:

40 years and still going...yes it can be done and nothing is that difficult.  And perhaps you are right that it would not be necessary once supply chain issues are gone...but that could be an if and or when.  The whole order/purchase process should be moved online anyway, and eliminate the dealer salesperson.  Dealer would just need service and a sales clerk.  Actually what does a salesperson do these days anyway?  We all filled out our customer order on line, sent them the details so they can key it in some other system.  Clerks...

I hate people to loose their jobs but you're not wrong. The majority of people ordering do it all online themselves submit it to a dealer and the salesman does very little. The whole process needs revamped and very well may be done if the supply issues longer and Ford moved more toward an ordering plan like they claim they are. 

Edited by CheeseheadFord