2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, Rcpd34 said:

Except I’m seeing similarly ordered trucks and Broncos, where the new orders are fulfilled quickly and the old orders sit for months. Makes zero sense.

Yeah that’s kinda my point. And now that they moved the goal posts nothing is going to change. Making everyone a priority 02 is the same as having them 10-19. 

2 hours ago, Rcpd34 said:

Except I’m seeing similarly ordered trucks and Broncos, where the new orders are fulfilled quickly and the old orders sit for months. Makes zero sense.

Similar but not exact.  It could literally be one part in one color that they can’t get.  It’s ok to be frustrated and disappointed but don’t make up conspiracy theories,

I don’t really think priority number matters much this year. More about options I believe. Ordered 9/3 Confirmed 9/3. Priority 19.  9/16 got build week of 10/18.  Build week moved on 10/14 to a build week of 11/1.  Window sticker on 10/29. Has shown in production since.  
Lariat CCSB 

Ultimate

UTT

spray bedliner

wheel liners

5th wheel prep

quad led lights

No AS

No adaptive cruise

Edited by Benny

16 minutes ago, akirby said:

Of course priority matters but the holdups have been parts issues so from that standpoint you’re correct,

I was under the impression only ford could move an order to priority 2. That code 2 was for mistakes at the factory level. The dealership could request a 2 through the area rep but the factory makes the call.

On 11/8/2021 at 3:39 PM, Hamilton said:

About 1 every 53 seconds rolls out the door

Thats a lot

Do you suppose they actually get 6 hours production a day when you take out breaks, lunch, and cleanup at the end of the day/shift

17 minutes ago, buckstop515 said:

I was under the impression only ford could move an order to priority 2. That code 2 was for mistakes at the factory level. The dealership could request a 2 through the area rep but the factory makes the call.

In normal times it was extremely rare to see priority codes less then 10. In the last few months its becoming fairly common to see old pending orders getting bumped to a 02 or 01 to try to help them get through allocations when parts are available. This is typically done on a regional level and a regional manager is doing it. I imagine the exact criteria each dealer/region is using to bump these trucks varies.

My truck was bumped to a 01 a few weeks before it was finally scheduled. I never asked, but I did maintain contact and regularly checked in to see if there was any updates, I believe its like the saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease".

Edited by mattdm

51 minutes ago, buckstop515 said:

I was under the impression only ford could move an order to priority 2. That code 2 was for mistakes at the factory level. The dealership could request a 2 through the area rep but the factory makes the call

Priority 10 is the best a dealer can assign.  Rarely the factory will assign a priority 1 for some unusual circumstnpance such as a retail order that was destroyed in transit.

In this case there were a lot of older orders that had been in the system a long time so Ford decided to make them priority 2.  This forces the system to do everything possible to get them scheduled and bypass some built in constraints,  It’s not for “mistakes”. and even a priority 1 or 2 can’t force a truck to be built if the parts aren’t available.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, akirby said:

In this case there were a lot of older orders that had been in the system a long time so Ford decided to make them priority 2.  This forces the system to do everything possible to get them scheduled and bypass some built in constraints,  It’s not for “mistakes”. and even a priority 1 or 2 can’t force a truck to be built if the parts aren’t available.

Why do you have to keep saying this?  It's pretty simple, really!

4 hours ago, akirby said:

Similar but not exact.  It could literally be one part in one color that they can’t get.  It’s ok to be frustrated and disappointed but don’t make up conspiracy theories,

Well, I ordered a 450 Platinum in Star White in March. I only had a few common add-ons like FX4, heater, accessory switches. I cancelled adaptive steering in August. Yet I've seen a bunch of trucks exactly like this that were ordered within the last few months - even after I cancelled the adaptive steering. I've had 8 build dates starting in July, so Ford must have believed they had everything they've need at least a few times. No conspiracy theory here... I know Ford is F'd up. 

Edited by 2Wheel-Lee
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, ardvark666 said:

You ordered 10 days ago and they gave you a vin and scheduled it while they weren’t scheduling trucks? 

Yes order confirmed 10-27 , build date 11-29  with a vin  .  Now on 11-8 got e mail from ford changing the build to the week of 12-6 . It is a regular cab that could be why so soon 

This morning Ford has changed me back to a 11-29 build . Let the games begin . So is there no chance of adding the cab clearance lights they missed on my order ?

10 hours ago, akirby said:

They’re not making everyone priority 2 only old orders,

I ordered June 7 (Fleet Order). It's just a simple F350 XL CCLB (bed delete), 4X4, 6.2, 3.73. The only extra was the 8" radio. Do you know if Fleet orders are being moved up or just the expensive retail trucks? To my knowledge I don't have a VIN#. My salesman just says, "I'll let you know if I hear anything". 

1 hour ago, Beefmaster said:

I ordered June 7 (Fleet Order). It's just a simple F350 XL CCLB (bed delete), 4X4, 6.2, 3.73. The only extra was the 8" radio. Do you know if Fleet orders are being moved up or just the expensive retail trucks? To my knowledge I don't have a VIN#. My salesman just says, "I'll let you know if I hear anything". 

Fleet orders and scheduling is a totally different and separate process from that for stock and retail orders. The OTD (Order to Delivery) time is substantially longer for fleet orders with the OTD for Super Duty orders estimated at 30+ weeks. In addition, Fleet Priority Codes are actually a "Desired Production Week" rather than the priority code system used for stock and retail orders. Unless your sales representative has fleet experience, you should be talking to the Fleet Manager for status updates on your order. The first question you want to ask is what your Fleet priority Code is, if you don't already know. It's a 2-digit alphanumeric code referencing the desired month and week of production. Additional Fleet order information is often available via the AM Preview Scheduling Report regarding applicable plant or commodity restraints.

The Fleet Department receives allocation on a monthly basis but scheduling and production is prioritized for retail and stock orders. The market demand, microchip shortages, supplier issues, commodity restraints and the inventory situation are actually causing fleet production to be cut in order to meet demand for retail and stock orders. As a result, Fleet orders are balancing out earlier than normal.    

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Fleet orders and scheduling is a totally different and separate process from that for stock and retail orders. The OTD (Order to Delivery) time is substantially longer for fleet orders with the OTD for Super Duty orders estimated at 30+ weeks. In addition, Fleet Priority Codes are actually a "Desired Production Week" rather than the priority code system used for stock and retail orders. Unless your sales representative has fleet experience, you should be talking to the Fleet Manager for status updates on your order. The first question you want to ask is what your Fleet priority Code is, if you don't already know. It's a 2-digit alphanumeric code referencing the desired month and week of production. Additional Fleet order information is often available via the AM Preview Scheduling Report regarding applicable plant or commodity restraints.

The Fleet Department receives allocation on a monthly basis but scheduling and production is prioritized for retail and stock orders. The market demand, microchip shortages, supplier issues, commodity restraints and the inventory situation are actually causing fleet production to be cut in order to meet demand for retail and stock orders. As a result, Fleet orders are balancing out earlier than normal.    

Thanks for the info! I have a M1 (1st week in December) priority code. As of 11/1 I did not have a VIN#. At that time my salesman and the Fleet sales Manager were together and both told me the same thing. That was, that they had no idea when I would be scheduled but that they check the ordered trucks once a week and if they see I have been scheduled they will contact me. So the AM Preview Scheduling Report is something my salesman should be able to see? How often is it sent out? 

This is my first time ordering a truck and first time using the Land O'Lakes Fleet program. The program is offered to members of the local Farmers Co-op. When I ordered my truck I was told I would have it by the end of the year but that doesn't look like it will happen. I have contacted other dealers with trucks in stock but none will sell them to me using the Fleet program. I was told they could flip the inventory from retail to fleet if they wanted to do it.

Thanks again for all the info you provide the group!

13 minutes ago, Beefmaster said:

Thanks for the info! I have a M1 (1st week in December) priority code. As of 11/1 I did not have a VIN#. At that time my salesman and the Fleet sales Manager were together and both told me the same thing. That was, that they had no idea when I would be scheduled but that they check the ordered trucks once a week and if they see I have been scheduled they will contact me. So the AM Preview Scheduling Report is something my salesman should be able to see? How often is it sent out? 

This is my first time ordering a truck and first time using the Land O'Lakes Fleet program. The program is offered to members of the local Farmers Co-op. When I ordered my truck I was told I would have it by the end of the year but that doesn't look like it will happen. I have contacted other dealers with trucks in stock but none will sell them to me using the Fleet program. I was told they could flip the inventory from retail to fleet if they wanted to do it.

Thanks again for all the info you provide the group!

Okay. Glad to hear that you know your priority code and that the dealership is monitoring your order status. If it's going to get scheduled for production the first week of December it should have been scheduled by now and there's no scheduling this week due to the Veterans Day holiday so there's not much chance of a status change until next week. I used to run a Vehicle Visibility report for all my dealership's retail and fleet orders every morning which was then distributed to all managers and sales representatives so that they all had the most current order status on a daily basis. If your sales representative has access to the Scheduling Toolbox, they'll have access to the AM Preview Scheduling Report that's generated each morning... Tuesday - Thursday. 

19 hours ago, akirby said:

Ford doesn’t take deposits - that’s between you and the dealer.  Anyone with an old order is now at priority 2 and if those trucks could be built they would be built already.  It’s not a priority issue it’s a parts issue.

What is the cut off date to be considered a “old order”?

I could never get any response from my dealer where I ordered my 1st F-350 Platinum in April. Asked repeatedly to drop AS but never received a reply so I went to a rural dealership on 9-20-21 and ordered the exact truck minus the AS.
Got email from Ford that it was scheduled for 10-25-21 build week on 10-5-21 and then got another Ford email on 10-28-21 that it was built. Shipped on 10-28-21 and dealer called me Monday stating it was an hour away in a Atlanta rail yard  and they are expecting in any day. Stopped by the dealer today and finalized my trade value and X plan pricing. It was refreshing to receive that kind of service after enduring 5 months with the most unresponsive Sales Manager and dealership I have ever seen.   

Edited by Chris E
Grammar error

1 hour ago, Chris E said:

I could never get any response from my dealer where I ordered my 1st F-350 Platinum in April. Asked repeatedly to drop AS but never received a reply so I went to a rural dealership on 9-20-21 and ordered the exact truck minus the AS.
Got email from Ford that it was scheduled for 10-25-21 build week on 10-5-21 and then got another Ford email on 10-28-21 that it was built. Shipped on 10-28-21 and dealer called me Monday stating it was an hour away in a Atlanta rail yard  and they are expecting in any day. Stopped by the dealer today and finalized my trade value and X plan pricing. It was refreshing to receive that kind of service after enduring 5 months with the most unresponsive Sales Manager and dealership I have ever seen.   

Can you post your progress bar?