2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

2 hours ago, akirby said:

If they don’t follow plan rules like the $100 doc fee limit all you have to do is call the Ford plan hotline and they’ll straighten it out.  Now that assumes it was actually a plan sale as opposed to them just giving him X plan pricing without submitting a pin.  In that case they can charge anything they want.

But, if you raise a stink with the dealership over what is and is not allowed under a plan, since they're not required to accept plan pricing, can't they just stop the sale?  In my case they're charging me $150 doc fee, and other fees (e-file, processing and handling).  And now, just before my truck is to be delivered, they're wanting to charge current pricing (I ordered in June) AND they're telling me they have to run my credit to protect against fraud and identity theft - even though I'm bringing my own financing and cash!!!  If I say no to any of this, can't they simply say "Ok, we're not selling you this at x-plan pricing" and put it on the lot marked up $20k over sticker (which is the markup this dealership is using per their website)?  

2 hours ago, BigDutyDiesel said:

Ice, 

there is a dealer, one of the big ones in retail order market (2,000 plus retail orders) who recently came out and said that this this entire price protection claim submission to Ford scheme is not practical. It requires a dedicated team of dealership resources to generate and then monitor all these claims and more often then not they have seen many of these price protection claims rejected. One can see and understand this dealer’s point of view, imagine having to file 2000+ price protection claims.

The intriguing part is, if Ford is saying that “automatic” price protection should apply to retail orders placed prior to price increases, would it not then make sense that Ford “automatically” adjust these customer invoices, thus removing the burden from the dealers accounting department?

Just food for thought about these “automatic” price locks. In theory the price protection makes sense, but in practicality filling all of the price protection claims…i can see the dealers side of it, not wanting to go through with it.

I completely understand but the process is a lot simpler than you, or others, might think. Even so, with the greatly increased volume of retail factory orders and the number of customers making specification changes, it may require more effort to handle because of the volume. At the same time, Ford is a "paper tiger" and loves creating processes that require dealership compliance and time. Ford generates tons of compliance standards that dealerships must meet. And some of the actions, policies and procedures required by Dearborn smack of decisions made by executives to ensure job security. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, desperado said:

But, if you raise a stink with the dealership over what is and is not allowed under a plan, since they're not required to accept plan pricing, can't they just stop the sale?  In my case they're charging me $150 doc fee, and other fees (e-file, processing and handling).  And now, just before my truck is to be delivered, they're wanting to charge current pricing (I ordered in June) AND they're telling me they have to run my credit to protect against fraud and identity theft - even though I'm bringing my own financing and cash!!!  If I say no to any of this, can't they simply say "Ok, we're not selling you this at x-plan pricing" and put it on the lot marked up $20k over sticker (which is the markup this dealership is using per their website)?  

Theoretically yes they can just deny the sale.  So make sure it’s a verified plan sale using your pin and after you take delivery go back to Ford and tell them you think you were overcharged based on plan rules.

• Like 1

Gonna be an unpopular question but anyone in here from NY and have their railcar go to Lordstown Ohio? It says it's been constructively placed and I called to see what that entails and csx told me it's reached its final location and ready to be unloaded. Not understanding why ohio and not in buffalo? Idc how my truck gets here but just wondering if anyone has expierenced this as well?

36 minutes ago, asull85 said:

I don’t think autoracks can be unloaded in Buffalo. Lordstown is likely the closest facility. As far as I know, Selkirk and Mechanicville are the only auto facilities in New York. 

Thank you very much! Puts me at ease a little bit. Palsapp isn't working so from this point forward I don't think I can track anything 

10 hours ago, Denao_53 said:

I thought I was protected, but since I changed form a Lariat to King Ranch, they told me I wasn’t.

I would say if the change occurred on or before December 7th, and you have paperwork documenting it as such, then it should still be covered. But you have to be the one to decide if you want to fight it or not.

6 hours ago, Josh_tree50 said:

Can you send me a link to that so I can show the dealer?

Here is the link for the original post:

Scroll down and you will see the post by @ice-capades with the headline "RETAIL PRICE INCREASES BY VEHICLE LINE - Effective December 8, 2021" You will see the section for Super Duty where it mentions the $1295 MSRP price increase, and the section below that where it's titled "PRICE PROTECTION". I would print out the entire post to take it to your dealer so that they know it comes from Ford Corporate.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, AtlasBlue350 said:

I would say if the change occurred on or before December 7th, and you have paperwork documenting it as such, then it should still be covered. But you have to be the one to decide if you want to fight it or not.

I only recently changed to the King Ranch.  A few weeks ago I dropped Adaptive Steering and spray liner. When I did that, they said even though I moved moved back to priority 10 it wouldn’t effect the price, but now since I upgraded to the KR, I have to absorb the price increase.

Dealer told me yesterday my truck is in transit with an ETA of 17 Jan.  Dealer is in Baxley, GA.  Ford tracker still shows in production.  F450 Platinum atlas blue, most everything but moon roof and AS, was ordered 31 Mar, built 18 Dec and not sure what day it shipped.  Finally see a light at the end of the tunnel!

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 6:10 AM, Overthebars said:

The shipping us unpredictable and all depends where your dealer is. Mine sat at the railyard for 6 days before it made its last leg of the journey to the dealer via truck carrier. There's a good chance you will get it before the end of the year unless you live really far from the plant 

Mine should be moving up to Cottage Grove, MN (CA2P) before coming down by truck.  It's been in Chicago, Il since 1/02/22.  (As of today) - I'm getting a notion that it is normal to sit for quite a few days like this.  

TTGX 980762

14 minutes ago, lisadsayre said:

are all manufacturers this slow?  I am about to throw in the towel and order another Sierra.

My uncle is a Chevy guy.  He has tried to order a new 22 2500HD.  Dealers around here won’t even talk to him yet, As they are not building 22 HD’s yet.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lisadsayre said:

are all manufacturers this slow?  I am about to throw in the towel and order another Sierra.

I wouldn’t. A friend of mine ordered a GMC in August and it wasn’t accepted until November and as of now there have been no updates. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lisadsayre said:

I am a chevy guy and I have ordered my last couple of trucks directly from the owner of the dealership.  Back in April I was due for a new truck, he wants my trucks before they get 50k miles on them.  I wasn't sold on the fugly design but I figured I'd go ahead and order a truck.  He had zero allocations, none, zip, for 3500s.  He has commercial clients that place 35 fleet orders a year and GM gave them 15.  I talked with 3 other dealers for either a GMC or a Chevy 3500 and was laughed at every time.  You simply cannot get a GM HD truck right now and if you do, they have stripped a ton of features off of them.

• Like 2

When the window sticker on my order came available there was a date at the bottom, 12/21/2021. Now when I pull the sticker the date is 01/02/22.

Does that indicate the build date has been pushed out.

Order Number 1141
VIN 1FT7W2BN9NED40064

Thanks,

Billy

25 minutes ago, menasco said:

When the window sticker on my order came available there was a date at the bottom, 12/21/2021. Now when I pull the sticker the date is 01/02/22.

Does that indicate the build date has been pushed out.

Order Number 1141
VIN 1FT7W2BN9NED40064

Thanks,

Billy

That date is when the sticker was available. It changes every week or so. It has nowhere to do with the build date or any stage of the build of a vehicle. 

Can anyone tell me where my truck is? 

Here is what I know 

Status today from the ultra helpful cyberdman - In Transit -  Received    Ramp 6P, Kansas City Mc, MO    Dec-31-2021, 08:07 CT

I am thinking that means it was received in KC on New Years Eve

Sticker says Ramp one -CA6P - which correlates to Jack Cooper and palsapp.com

i go there plug in my VIN and get this: Origin - Kentucky Plant, Destination - BLANK, Destination Name - null, Freight bill # - 0691775808, VIN - my number and Status Pending.

Does that mean it's in the rail yard since 12/31 and waiting for transport to Iowa? 

Thanks

17 minutes ago, TinManVT said:

Can anyone tell me where my truck is? 

Here is what I know 

Status today from the ultra helpful cyberdman - In Transit -  Received    Ramp 6P, Kansas City Mc, MO    Dec-31-2021, 08:07 CT

I am thinking that means it was received in KC on New Years Eve

Sticker says Ramp one -CA6P - which correlates to Jack Cooper and palsapp.com

i go there plug in my VIN and get this: Origin - Kentucky Plant, Destination - BLANK, Destination Name - null, Freight bill # - 0691775808, VIN - my number and Status Pending.

Does that mean it's in the rail yard since 12/31 and waiting for transport to Iowa? 

Thanks

Where in Iowa is it headed?  Mine is in the Voltz yard in Kansas City and the railcar says it was unloaded on 1/4.  Palsapp has a similar status for mine.  My dealer is in Ames, IA and my ETA is 1/15

14 minutes ago, fredrickhw said:

Where in Iowa is it headed?  Mine is in the Voltz yard in Kansas City and the railcar says it was unloaded on 1/4.  Palsapp has a similar status for mine.  My dealer is in Ames, IA and my ETA is 1/15

Going to Des Moines 

at least I hope so