2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, Denao_53 said:

I guess it all depends on what "high commodity" options are. I don't have the bed liner or adaptive steering. I do have the Ultimate Package, moonroof, adaptive cruise and probably some other's.  Not sure what is holding this up.  Even if this gets scheduled soon I would guess I'm looking at June at the very least.  The good news is, I won't have to worry about road salt for awhile.  

Your dealer should get a commodity list every once in a while. It may be every week but I don’t know so don’t want to say for sure. On there it should list all the high commodity items, I know for certain that the adaptive steering, spray in Berliner, and 5th wheel are on that list. I have pretty much all other options on my order, as long as you don’t have those three you should be good to go, but your dealer should know if you wanted to double check! And salt is definitely a scary thing, will make sure before next winter I get a high quality undercoat, I’ve been contemplating ceramic wax although I plan on having a new one in at most 5 years so I’m not sure if it’s personally worth the cost. 

11 hours ago, road turtle said:

That contradicts what ICE has told us.  I either misunderstood what he said, something changed, or your dealer is full of brown stuff.  Retail orders do not replace dealer stock orders.

Problem is, customer orders have gone through the roof.  I saw a stat last week, where Ford said in a press release, customer orders are now something like 75-80% when they were previously typically at 25%.  Dealer orders occur AFTER retail orders.  Ford's having troubles filling all the retail orders, so dealers aren't getting inventory.

Global shipping is getting more and more difficult.  I manage a segment of prototype builds.  I received a VP award with my management of our builds and deliveries when covid first hit.  We met all build requirements.  Now, it's actually getting worse.  I could ship stuff to Europe, literally over night.  Now, I'm planning on 2 weeks to Europe and 4+ weeks to Asia.  It's getting crazy, and shipping costs have gone absolutely through the roof.

I’m honestly not sure, I think either way it’s the same idea, Ford is having trouble filling customer orders so it would not make sense for them to be filling retail orders in my opinion if they can’t even fill the builds and personally I believe custom orders should take priority. Hard to hear on the shipping times, I know I’ve been watching some peoples orders and even when they ship it still takes forever to deliver! 

9 hours ago, DaveMows said:

I'm right there with you, I was confirmed 8/7 and finally got first build week of 3/21 which then went to 3/28 and now its 5/2! Really was hoping to have by April but thats not happing. Very Frustrating to say the Least, 

5/2!!!??? Wow

19 hours ago, tjm73 said:

I meant something that would indicate if I am waiting for three months to get scheduled or eight. Dealer said when I ordered the truck that it seems random. He said they get a couple trucks one month and then a dozen or more trucks the next.

Again, your dealer is the best source.  They know how many trucks are ahead of you in their queue and how fast they’re getting them.  Dealers can change priorities any time they want so Ford can’t predict what your priority will be next week or next month and they can’t predict supplier issues.

7 hours ago, RustyT22 said:

Appreciate the feedback! I have the Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 38s for my 2012 and have really liked them, but they're AT, not MT - so that's probably the difference. I ran Toyos prior, and loved them but had trouble finding them in my size is why I switched a couple years ago.

I will absolutely write down the Blisten 5100s. Gonna ride on current stock shocks unless it's really affected the ride, and then plan to upgrade. Thank you!

I have Nitto Ridge Grapplers also  on my 2002 and find then to be barely noticeable sound wise and plan to use them on my new 2022 if I ever get a build date.

2 hours ago, MFord said:

Got my build week for next week. Fingers crossed no delay email this week. Still shows order confirmed in the tracker. Would ford internal system show me a build day next week already if that were to be checked?

Best of luck!

3 hours ago, Alex Kreh said:

Your dealer should get a commodity list every once in a while. It may be every week but I don’t know so don’t want to say for sure. 

The representatives at the Central Office Field Scheduling office usually send out the current commodity information for the week via e-mail. Additional commodity information is also included in the AM Preview Scheduling reports for the vehicle lines that have available allocation.  

3 hours ago, Alex Kreh said:

I’m honestly not sure, I think either way it’s the same idea, Ford is having trouble filling customer orders so it would not make sense for them to be filling retail orders in my opinion if they can’t even fill the builds and personally I believe custom orders should take priority. Hard to hear on the shipping times, I know I’ve been watching some peoples orders and even when they ship it still takes forever to deliver! 

Retail orders always have priority scheduling, especially with priority codes 10-19 restricted to retail orders only. 

19 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The representatives at the Central Office Field Scheduling office usually send out the current commodity information for the week via e-mail. Additional commodity information is also included in the AM Preview Scheduling reports for the vehicle lines that have available allocation.  

Awesome thanks! I had thought so but wasn’t sure how often! 

18 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Retail orders always have priority scheduling, especially with priority codes 10-19 restricted to retail orders only. 

That’s really good to know! I know my order code is 10, hopefully that will help me get in quicker! Not gonna get my hopes up though. Thanks!

2 hours ago, MFord said:

Got my build week for next week. Fingers crossed no delay email this week. Still shows order confirmed in the tracker. Would ford internal system show me a build day next week already if that were to be checked?

I am in the same boat as you are. I would love to know the answer to your question.