2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

52 minutes ago, HarryTaint said:

Anyone else having issues with their dealership honoring the price protection? I told the dealer about it and sent them the documents and they won't honor it. Ford marketing tells me that each dealer can do whatever they want, each dealer operates independently when it comes to the final sale. I will reach out to the GM of the place and see if I can get anywhere. I've also told the dealer to reach out to the regional rep, and now waiting to hear what the regional rep tells them. I knew this was going to happen. 

ouch. They know they have the ball in their court unfortunately. Let us know how it goes.

finally had the truck go “in production” on the tracker. Checked again now and back to order confirmed. Haha. 

My sales manager texted me today, he said Ford notified him my F350 CCSB 6.7L KR in Antimatter/Stone Grey is in production.  I asked why the tracker doesn't show the same, he said the tracker will show in production when it actually is being built, then it will show built usually the same day or next day depending on time it's actually assembled.  He said the dealer has a level of visibility that is greater than the tracker.  The online public order tracker basically lags behind what is actually occurring is the way he explained it.  So apparently when the truck actually starts to be put together, painted, engine and transmission joined, and all the parts staged and ready the dealer gets notified in production, but the public tracker will not indicate this.  But once the truck is actually moving down the assembly line, I understand that's when the public tracker shows in production, then when it's completely built, it shows built, seems kind of useless but okay.  My scheduled production week is 3/21 so not sure if that will change or stay the same.  It looks like things are finally moving and I'll see something more definitive here shortly.  The wait is almost over but like I say in my signature, I'll know for sure when it arrives at dealer, not before.  I ordered on 12/7 so I didn't have to wait nearly as long as some others on here, thankfully.  I guess the truth police will arrest me in a few minutes after they call out any misinformation, lol.

787Toolman

Texted my Salesman today to inquire about looking at the Vehicle Visability Report. He emailed me a copy. 

Here is my timeliness currently 

Order placed at dealership 1/26/22

Confirmation email from Ford 1/27/22

Vin# and first build date on 2/10/22

Build date bumped to 4/4 on  Thursday then bumped back to 3/21 where it stayed and is currently.  The VVR still shows the week of 3/21 and build day as 3/25. It's a Friday build but hey I'll take it . Fingers crossed it stays.

4 hours ago, dkeene said:

Today I received one of those highly coveted emails. My truck was built yesterday. Now if I can just get it shipped and delivered.

1878014117_FordOrder.thumb.jpeg.29616d2208d996e05bc27f0ee3af7fb0.jpeg

Hopefully it ships along with mine, mine was built on 3/4…. Still sitting at the rail yard in Kentucky.  Do you have the fifth wheel prep? 

1 hour ago, FordTruckFan said:

The wait is finally over.  I will be picking up my F350 7.3L SRW Lariat tomorrow. The only commodity restriction I ordered is the 5th wheel prep.  Here is the timeline.

ordered 11/12/21 received confirmation email the same day.  
Received production schedule email on 1/13/22, scheduled for week of 2/28/22.

no pushbacks.

Built on 3/4/22

Shipped on  3/11/22 (via truck)

Delivered to dealer 3/14/22

Congratulations!!!

• Like 1

Here is my experience with the tracker and the emails from Ford.  The tracker seems to be better.  I have not received any emails from Ford since the “built” email I received on 3/5.  I did not get a shipped or delivered email.  The tracker has been fairly accurate.  It showed “shipped” since 3/11.  This morning when I looked at the tracker it said final preparation.  I drove by the dealership this morning and it was there.  It wasn’t there yesterday afternoon.  Yes, I was a dealership stocker… LOL!

1 hour ago, Dog breath said:

Question 

when the next round of trucks get picked on Thursday how many will be scheduled? Let’s say 3000 dealers with orders. Is it one from each on round one. Then one from each round 2.  Ect?

Someone posted that Ford had roughly 260,000 F series orders. I hope mine is one of those lucky ones picked this week. 

Same question, on how Ford selects dealer orders.

Edited by hayweezie

1 hour ago, dkeene said:

No. I'm hoping I have it by the end of the month.

Mine been sitting for 10 days, I was hoping yours isn’t sitting that long, mine should ship before yours, just saying.  I’m hoping for the 2nd week in April.  There is a rail yard issue from what I was told. I say the VVR.  

2 hours ago, HarryTaint said:

Anyone else having issues with their dealership honoring the price protection? I told the dealer about it and sent them the documents and they won't honor it. Ford marketing tells me that each dealer can do whatever they want, each dealer operates independently when it comes to the final sale. I will reach out to the GM of the place and see if I can get anywhere. I've also told the dealer to reach out to the regional rep, and now waiting to hear what the regional rep tells them. I knew this was going to happen. 

I picked up my second 2022 F250 yesterday - ordered Dec. 2nd.  Dealer gave me $2500 off MSRP upon my order and asked for no money down.  All paperwork was in order when I picked it up, price out the door was exactly as quoted in December.  They even put on the Ford mudflaps free of charge because I forgot to put them on the order.  There are a few dealers that really do care about repeat customers and value the business.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sarge144 said:

I picked up my second 2022 F250 yesterday - ordered Dec. 2nd.  Dealer gave me $2500 off MSRP upon my order and asked for no money down.  All paperwork was in order when I picked it up, price out the door was exactly as quoted in December.  They even put on the Ford mudflaps free of charge because I forgot to put them on the order.  There are a few dealers that really do care about repeat customers and value the business.  

What dealer is that at? Bc I might need to order another truck here soon if the dealer I'm using doesn't give me the price on the order that was submitted in Aug. My salesman is 'asking' the regional rep if he knows anything about price protection. So I will know in a day or 2 if I am walking away from it or not. I provided them with the documents that have been posted here about price protection that ford sent out to all dealers. 

3 hours ago, NM04Ford said:

Texted my Salesman today to inquire about looking at the Vehicle Visability Report. He emailed me a copy. 

Here is my timeliness currently 

Order placed at dealership 1/26/22

Confirmation email from Ford 1/27/22

Vin# and first build date on 2/10/22

Build date bumped to 4/4 on  Thursday then bumped back to 3/21 where it stayed and is currently.  The VVR still shows the week of 3/21 and build day as 3/25. It's a Friday build but hey I'll take it . Fingers crossed it stays.

Only 2 weeks from order to vin..impressive 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarryTaint said:

What dealer is that at? Bc I might need to order another truck here soon if the dealer I'm using doesn't give me the price on the order that was submitted in Aug. My salesman is 'asking' the regional rep if he knows anything about price protection. So I will know in a day or 2 if I am walking away from it or not. I provided them with the documents that have been posted here about price protection that ford sent out to all dealers. 

Harry, If you cancel your order and order a new truck from a different dealer, won't you have to pay the base price as it is today or when you place the order?  My salesman tried to tell me I had to pay the price increase that happened the day after I ordered, the sales manager said he didn't understand that the order is price protected and so I get the base price that was in effect on Dec 7th 2021, price went up $1295 on Dec 8th 2021.

13 hours ago, Denao_53 said:

Ice, even though my dealer said they have 75 orders with mine being the oldest, is it possible they wouldn’t have any allocation for the rest of March? Could I still be considered for incremental scheduling? Still no VIN. 

Thanks 

If you have a COVP verified order, it could be scheduled with incremental allocation at any time as long as there are no applicable commodity restraints or supplier issues. If your order is NOT COVP verified, it will require using the Dealer's regular allocation for a scheduling week when the Dealer has available allocation. The same commodity restraints, etc. apply. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dog breath said:

Question 

when the next round of trucks get picked on Thursday how many will be scheduled? Let’s say 3000 dealers with orders. Is it one from each on round one. Then one from each round 2.  Ect?

Ford does not reveal allocation numbers or how many vehicles are to be scheduling at any time. In addition, not all Dealers have regular or stock allocation at the same time. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

If you have a COVP verified order, it could be scheduled with incremental allocation at any time as long as there are no applicable commodity restraints or supplier issues. If your order is NOT COVP verified, it will require using the Dealer's regular allocation for a scheduling week when the Dealer has available allocation. The same commodity restraints, etc. apply. 

How often have you seen COVP orders scheduled on days or weeks that are not “regular scheduling weeks”? I’m ashamed to admit this but in my almost 9 months of waiting for a VIN(still) I have joined 4 websites and 4-5 Facebook groups and I have yet to see one person brag about getting that coveted first scheduling e-mail on anything other than a scheduling week. 

11 hours ago, sarge144 said:

Lucky Guy! I waited 6 months to the day, order confirmed July 13 and got the VIN and original build week on Jan. 13. ??

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I am COVP verified. I have a King Ranch Ultimate Package so I know that has a lot of moving parts.  I also Adaptive Cruise, upfitter switches, 3.55. power moonroof, power running boards and vehicle safe.  No bedliner or adaptive steering. From what I have heard though, they are not getting any allocations for this month.  I have been priority 02 for months as much as that is worth. 

Thanks for you input!

33 minutes ago, Denao_53 said:

I am COVP verified. I have a King Ranch Ultimate Package so I know that has a lot of moving parts.  I also Adaptive Cruise, upfitter switches, 3.55. power moonroof, power running boards and vehicle safe.  No bedliner or adaptive steering. From what I have heard though, they are not getting any allocations for this month.  I have been priority 02 for months as much as that is worth. 

Thanks for you input!

If you're sure that you're COVP approved (are you?), then allocations are not a factor.  You might try going to your dealer on a Tuesday and getting a peek at the AM Scheduling Preview Report, if you are willing to remove options from your order to get it faster.

936f6769_ab99_42bf_8120_c9dd4f72e320_7a1ce99ace480d0d4dc9b5bf844473c162ec97ba.jpeg

Edited by Forderorder

30 minutes ago, Forderorder said:

If you're sure that you're COVP approved (are you?), then allocations are not a factor.  You might try going to your dealer on a Tuesday and getting a peek at the AM Scheduling Preview Report, if you are willing to remove options from your order to get it faster.

936f6769_ab99_42bf_8120_c9dd4f72e320_7a1ce99ace480d0d4dc9b5bf844473c162ec97ba.jpeg

Can you explain that a bit?  What do the weeks signify?

1 hour ago, Forderorder said:

Please help me understand if my anxiety levels just went through the roof for a real reason.. I see Tremor package references in a couple places on your screen shot. Does that mean that is now a commodity allocation issue?????