2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, Alex Kreh said:

I was surprised as well! I’m hoping I hit it at the right time. He explained to me how the process works for dealers and it was very interesting. Basically, before all of these supply chain issues dealers would get an allocation, so say a dealer gets 15 trucks allocated to be delivered and sold off the lot for march. We’ll when a customer would place an order it would add a spot to that allocation, so the dealer would still get 15 lot trucks, AS WELL AS the customer order truck. However, now if a dealer gets 15 trucks allocated and a customer comes to order one, that order will take up an allocation spot. Meaning they would then get 14 trucks to sell off the lot and the order would count for the 15th. This is why we are seeing empty lots everywhere. However, what he has told me is that their dealership is allocated for 4 superduty trucks in April and due to myself not ordering any high commodity items, I should be grabbed for one of those spots. This is all speculation, however I trust they know how it works and have seen how it works over the past months and I’m hoping they are right! I’m sorry to hear that you haven’t heard anything! Maybe check if you have high commodity items on your order, your dealer should be able to see! 

I know my dealer has 75 Super Duty’s on order. Mine is the oldest one in the que.  No idea what their current allocation is.

11 hours ago, Alex Kreh said:

Hello! Yes so I actually spoke with my dealer who noted the lineX and 5th wheel as high commodity. He ensured we would do the lineX locally immediately following delivery as they can get done in a day! He informed me it would cost extra but an extra 200$ won’t make a huge difference at this point haha! I also made sure if I needed the 5th wheel I can do it myself but I don’t necessarily need it now. My work requires me to have a new vehicle at least every 5 years and I may cycle out every 3 so if I want a 5th wheel I always figured I could get it on the next one. I did option on the adaptive cruise when I went back recently. Had some confusion between the dealer and myself. I agree that although I don’t think it’s always applicable I do have times where I would like to have it, I.e., following someone on a long trip. As far as I was informed the adaptive steering will not affect lead times as of now. And yes I agree, the online pictures look nothing close to the color and I love the antimatter. My current f150 is the blue jeans and the antimatter is much cooler. I’ve included an antimatter mustang I saw at the dealership the other day below! Good luck to you as well!

Alex, I did order adaptive cruise as I've never heard of that option causing a delay, I really like that safety feature.  Adaptive steering has been on the list of options that cause a significant delay, I was told AS will add a 29 week delay so I dropped it along with spray in bed liner and 5th wheel prep.  I copied and rotated pic below.  This blue is a very dark midnight blue, I have been so fixated on it waiting for mine to be delivered that I now look for every car or truck that has it or something almost the same.  Toyota, Nissan, Chevy, are just a few brands I've seen with either the exact same color or something so close I couldn't tell the difference.  Ford may be late to the game on using this color but I'm guessing.  I've been thinking about this color so much, it has consumed me and I almost want to rename it to Mystery Blue, Black Blue, Blue Black, Black and Blue, or something but Antimatter Blue is a cool and appropriate name too but since no one can see Antimatter, no one knows what it looks like, haha.

image.thumb.png.61e88344730cbdd17c43a21f012f2583.png

14 hours ago, Denao_53 said:

I know my dealer has 75 Super Duty’s on order. Mine is the oldest one in the que.  No idea what their current allocation is.

I could be wrong in assuming this but based on what he told me you should have priority as long as your order doesn't have any "high commodity" options on it. Obviously people can only speculate at this point but I would hope that you would get pulled whenever the next allocation comes. I'm not sure as to how often they get these allocations though, could possibly be random. That is a ton on order though! I believe my dealer only had 3-5 super dutys. 

4 hours ago, 787Toolman said:

Alex, I did order adaptive cruise as I've never heard of that option causing a delay, I really like that safety feature.  Adaptive steering has been on the list of options that cause a significant delay, I was told AS will add a 29 week delay so I dropped it along with spray in bed liner and 5th wheel prep.  I copied and rotated pic below.  This blue is a very dark midnight blue, I have been so fixated on it waiting for mine to be delivered that I now look for every car or truck that has it or something almost the same.  Toyota, Nissan, Chevy, are just a few brands I've seen with either the exact same color or something so close I couldn't tell the difference.  Ford may be late to the game on using this color but I'm guessing.  I've been thinking about this color so much, it has consumed me and I almost want to rename it to Mystery Blue, Black Blue, Blue Black, Black and Blue, or something but Antimatter Blue is a cool and appropriate name too but since no one can see Antimatter, no one knows what it looks like, haha.

image.thumb.png.61e88344730cbdd17c43a21f012f2583.png

Very true on the name! This color I believe is one of the best options if you don't want to go with the standard black or white look, but remain with a classy color rather than flashy. I had also noticed the AS causing a delay, I believe I saw that on this site so I ensured that was not optioned on. I am glad the adaptive cruise control option is not causing delays as I agree with you that the safety feature of the collision warning is also extremely important, and it can get you some discounts with some insurance companies. I've only been able to see this color in person a couple of times but I think that adds to the excitement as I have not seen any other KR Antimatter blue driving around my area and I'm excited I will have one of the only ones around! They might as well start putting the number in these trucks as they do on the Limited models!

I just read that dealer allocations are being pushed back to "late May" as 37 suppliers failed to deliver parts as scheduled.

https://nypressnews.com/news/auto/ford-pushing-back-dealer-allocations-until-late-may-100000-units-lost-as-suppliers-struggle-to-deliver-parts/

Says they will continue to make customer orders, but you know it's going to impact that. Question is how badly will it effect things.

1 hour ago, Glenn in AZ said:

Did anybody else read this?  Looks like the holding lots are getting full and they're going to start pushing out the "drivable" vehicles to the dealers with the missing chips installed at some later date...

https://www.theverge.com/2022/3/13/22975246/ford-ship-sell-incomplete-vehicles-missing-chips

That’s what GM has been doing I know since December’21.  My Wife’s Trail Boss came in with everything optioned but alot of it doesn’t work.  Im not holding my breath that chips will be sent when available to get it right either

On 3/9/2022 at 4:27 PM, akirby said:

There is.  Your dealer knows every truck that’s in queue, the priority and order date.  

I meant something that would indicate if I am waiting for three months to get scheduled or eight. Dealer said when I ordered the truck that it seems random. He said they get a couple trucks one month and then a dozen or more trucks the next.

On 3/12/2022 at 7:45 PM, Alex Kreh said:

I was surprised as well! I’m hoping I hit it at the right time. He explained to me how the process works for dealers and it was very interesting. Basically, before all of these supply chain issues dealers would get an allocation, so say a dealer gets 15 trucks allocated to be delivered and sold off the lot for march. We’ll when a customer would place an order it would add a spot to that allocation, so the dealer would still get 15 lot trucks,

That contradicts what ICE has told us.  I either misunderstood what he said, something changed, or your dealer is full of brown stuff.  Retail orders do not replace dealer stock orders.

Problem is, customer orders have gone through the roof.  I saw a stat last week, where Ford said in a press release, customer orders are now something like 75-80% when they were previously typically at 25%.  Dealer orders occur AFTER retail orders.  Ford's having troubles filling all the retail orders, so dealers aren't getting inventory.

Global shipping is getting more and more difficult.  I manage a segment of prototype builds.  I received a VP award with my management of our builds and deliveries when covid first hit.  We met all build requirements.  Now, it's actually getting worse.  I could ship stuff to Europe, literally over night.  Now, I'm planning on 2 weeks to Europe and 4+ weeks to Asia.  It's getting crazy, and shipping costs have gone absolutely through the roof.

1 hour ago, RustyT22 said:

Picked up my truck yesterday, 3/12. Ordered 11/6. 4 months and a week. 

Tuesday, she gets a 2.5" ReadyLift leveling kit and 35" Nittos. Considering 1" spacers. Here she is!

125234.jpeg

Beautiful truck and color combination Rusty...If I hadn't selected Antimatter on my F350 KR, my second choice would have been Star White, then Rapid Red was third, but I would have selected all with stone gray lower trim.  For some reason, Rapid Red has an orange tint in the light that didn't appeal to me, but I love my Ruby Red Platinum color.  Sometimes I see the Rapid red and think I should have picked that with stone gray, but I usually go with my gut instinct or first impressions, they are usually right for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RustyT22 said:

Picked up my truck yesterday, 3/12. Ordered 11/6. 4 months and a week. 

Tuesday, she gets a 2.5" ReadyLift leveling kit and 35" Nittos. Considering 1" spacers. Here she is!

125234.jpeg

Nittos are super loud tires, have a set of 37” Toyos open country M/Ts super aggressive not loud at all & ride great also tread life is outstanding. 

also recommend the Blisten 5100s the 2021 fit the 22s and really help especially after the leveling kit. Rides almost better than stock does. 

Edited by Max4wKR

On 3/12/2022 at 5:42 AM, F250less said:

Got my Friday night push email, ugh!

Confirmation on July 13th, first build week was 2/21

first push to 2/28, then 3/7, then 3/14, then 3/21 and for now it's 3/28!

I wont see this thing till frickin May!!!! My patience is JUST starting to run a little thin!!

Just sayin..... 

I'm right there with you, I was confirmed 8/7 and finally got first build week of 3/21 which then went to 3/28 and now its 5/2! Really was hoping to have by April but thats not happing. Very Frustrating to say the Least, 

5 hours ago, Max4wKR said:

Nittos are super loud tires, have a set of 37” Toyos open country M/Ts super aggressive not loud at all & ride great also tread life is outstanding. 

also recommend the Blisten 5100s the 2021 fit the 22s and really help especially after the leveling kit. Rides almost better than stock does. 

Appreciate the feedback! I have the Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 38s for my 2012 and have really liked them, but they're AT, not MT - so that's probably the difference. I ran Toyos prior, and loved them but had trouble finding them in my size is why I switched a couple years ago.

I will absolutely write down the Blisten 5100s. Gonna ride on current stock shocks unless it's really affected the ride, and then plan to upgrade. Thank you!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Capt Dave 778 said:

RustyT22 - nice truck!!  Wait till you drive it!  Best Truck I’ve ever owned and I’ve had a few.  Check paint close - I found two spots on mine where it bubbled - easy fix and dealers will jump on it if caught early.  Safe travels

My wife is type A, so.I had her take the PDF checklist I found on these forums and she went through everything so much that the salesman went out and asked her, "that's a pretty thorough checklist you have there isnt it?" ??

How else was I going to keep her busy for 3 hrs at the dealership? 

We found bubbles in the tint the dealer installed and a small factory error behind the sunroof. Noted both with dealer and pics, but not enough to worry about now.

Thank you, and she drives like a dream!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, road turtle said:

That contradicts what ICE has told us.  I either misunderstood what he said, something changed, or your dealer is full of brown stuff.  Retail orders do not replace dealer stock orders.

Problem is, customer orders have gone through the roof.  I saw a stat last week, where Ford said in a press release, customer orders are now something like 75-80% when they were previously typically at 25%.  Dealer orders occur AFTER retail orders.  Ford's having troubles filling all the retail orders, so dealers aren't getting inventory.

The only orders that receive incremental allocation are verified COVP orders scheduled on a priority basis. Otherwise, retail orders scheduled using regular allocation reduce the allocation available for Dealer stock orders as has always been the case.

Retail orders were never at 25% on average. 

19 hours ago, Alex Kreh said:

I could be wrong in assuming this but based on what he told me you should have priority as long as your order doesn't have any "high commodity" options on it. Obviously people can only speculate at this point but I would hope that you would get pulled whenever the next allocation comes. I'm not sure as to how often they get these allocations though, could possibly be random. That is a ton on order though! I believe my dealer only had 3-5 super dutys. 

I guess it all depends on what "high commodity" options are. I don't have the bed liner or adaptive steering. I do have the Ultimate Package, moonroof, adaptive cruise and probably some other's.  Not sure what is holding this up.  Even if this gets scheduled soon I would guess I'm looking at June at the very least.  The good news is, I won't have to worry about road salt for awhile.  

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The only orders that receive incremental allocation are verified COVP orders scheduled on a priority basis. Otherwise, retail orders scheduled using regular allocation reduce the allocation available for Dealer stock orders as has always been the case.

Retail orders were never at 25% on average. 

I thought all COVP orders received incremental allocations?

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

FYI... The Black Appearance Package without Spray-In Bedliner (17M) is still not available in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. 

Thanks for the update.  Strange that it was added to the ordering guide and Ford.com, but there isn't a way to order it yet.