2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Hey - New to this forum so many thanks to all - found some useful information but still so confused on how things are done.  This is my first "new" truck that I've ordered so it pobably wasn't the bext time for that.

Have a couple questions that hopefully someone can shed some light.

• My order date was November 9th - all I have recieved was the order confirmation.  Its only been 4 mths but seeing of these posts it looks like July is when I should expect delivery especially with all the shut downs.  Should I just wait it out or would the dealer know more?  Can they see if something is holding up a build date getting generated?
  • In another forum ice-capades about the production week scheduling - its indicates scheduling for the super duty is 4/25.  Is that the next round of builds they are scheduling?  I see alot of recent posts are talking about their build dates being in March.

Again just wanted to thank everyone - reading the posts gave me alot of insite to this entire process.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 10:54 AM, akirby said:

Again, your dealer is the best source.  They know how many trucks are ahead of you in their queue and how fast they’re getting them.  Dealers can change priorities any time they want so Ford can’t predict what your priority will be next week or next month and they can’t predict supplier issues.

Good insight. Thanks.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Nolahd27 said:

Have a couple questions that hopefully someone can shed some light.

• My order date was November 9th - all I have recieved was the order confirmation.  Its only been 4 mths but seeing of these posts it looks like July is when I should expect delivery especially with all the shut downs.  Should I just wait it out or would the dealer know more?  Can they see if something is holding up a build date getting generated?
  • In another forum ice-capades about the production week scheduling - its indicates scheduling for the super duty is 4/25.  Is that the next round of builds

Your dealer can tell by the Vehicle Visibility Report (VVR) where your truck is in the process.  Dealers are notified on a regular basis what the current commodity issues are that could be holding up your build.

Yes, late this week Ford will decide which trucks to build for the week of 4/25.  It's kind of like waiting for the lottery numbers to come out!

Edited by PineNut

2 hours ago, MFord said:

Does anyone know if you have a “scheduled build to day” if that can still change and we can get a delay email this week? Lol. Didn’t know if once you have a day, you’re locked in so to speak. I mean I’m sure we can get pushed back at anytime but wondering if it’s common or not. Truck is scheduled to get built next week. 

I had a build to day of 3/3, but on 2/11 I received a notice from Ford pushing my build week out to 3/7. Then on 3/2 pushed to week 3/14, then on 3/3 pushed to week 3/21. 

I currently have a scheduled build to day of 3/24, but still showing in confirmed status. 

Sigh…

Ordered 1 June Rapid Red F-250 Lariat 7.3L gasser Tremor with Blackout package and Lariat Ultimate packages. Moonroof, Winch, Upfitter, Vehicle Safe, UTT Camera Pro Trailer Backup, Rain sensing, Adaptive Cruise, Splash Guards,  Garage door opener, Hood Deflector,  Floor Mat and no carpet.I finally received word from dealer today my build day is this Friday. Dealership stated is roughly a month before they receive it. Assuming this is accurate I will have been waiting 10 Months and 2 weeks.  I’ve noted a lot of folks upset that the truck they order isn’t scheduled for production yet. . Patients and due diligence is the mandate if you want a new truck from Ford or any other vehicle manufacturer. More than likely this is the new norm.  I’m super stoked that there’s movement forward. It’s been a long haul.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Late Apex 61 said:

I had a build to day of 3/3, but on 2/11 I received a notice from Ford pushing my build week out to 3/7. Then on 3/2 pushed to week 3/14, then on 3/3 pushed to week 3/21. 

I currently have a scheduled build to day of 3/24, but still showing in confirmed status. 

Sigh…

gotcha, so you got bumped on 03/02 when you were scheduled for week of 03/07. So five days before your build week. I wonder if you had a build day already. Granted, plant was also closed last week.  

27 minutes ago, MFord said:

gotcha, so you got bumped on 03/02 when you were scheduled for week of 03/07. So five days before your build week. I wonder if you had a build day already. Granted, plant was also closed last week.  

I have had a build date assigned twice in my last five bumps, so having a build date does not guarantee that you are not going to get bumped again. When you go into production you might see a faint light at the end of the tunnel

I receive weekly updates from my salesman.  It has been great working with him.  Every Monday he sends me an update.  For the first three months (ordered in mid-November) its was "nothing to report this week".  It wasn't what I wanted to hear, but I appreciated the honesty and transparency.

On Feb 10th I was scheduled for a build week of March 28th.  Not surprisingly, it was about 10 days after I dropped the BAP and tonneau cover.

Anyways, on March 7th he emailed me that I had a build "date" of March 28th and then this past Monday (the 14th) I had my build date adjusted to April 1st.

Order is for a Lariat Super Crew with 7.3 gasser.  

I've been very happy with my dealer.  I have asked a lot of questions during the build and ordering process and the waiting process.  He always answers quickly and is always up front and honest.

As much as a lot of people have had issues, I'm guessing some of those problems fall on the shoulders of some incompetent dealers.

In fairness, I haven't signed for my vehicle yet, but hoping the few weeks left until build and delivery go smoothly.  

Was able to order vehicle at invoice, use my PCO and the locked in a fair trade in price for my vehicle at the time of the order.

Edited by kubes14060

1 hour ago, kubes14060 said:

I receive weekly updates from my salesman.  It has been great working with him.  Every Monday he sends me an update.  For the first three months (ordered in mid-November) its was "nothing to report this week".  It wasn't what I wanted to hear, but I appreciated the honesty and transparency.

On Feb 10th I was scheduled for a build week of March 28th.  Not surprisingly, it was about 10 days after I dropped the BAP and tonneau cover.

Anyways, on March 7th he emailed me that I had a build "date" of March 28th and then this past Monday (the 14th) I had my build date adjusted to April 1st.

Order is for a Lariat Super Crew with 7.3 gasser.  

I've been very happy with my dealer.  I have asked a lot of questions during the build and ordering process and the waiting process.  He always answers quickly and is always up front and honest.

As much as a lot of people have had issues, I'm guessing some of those problems fall on the shoulders of some incompetent dealers.

In fairness, I haven't signed for my vehicle yet, but hoping the few weeks left until build and delivery go smoothly.  

Was able to order vehicle at invoice, use my PCO and the locked in a fair trade in price for my vehicle at the time of the order.

What’s their name, and where do they work?

35 minutes ago, dkeene said:

Today I received one of those highly coveted emails. My truck was built yesterday. Now if I can just get it shipped and delivered.

1878014117_FordOrder.thumb.jpeg.29616d2208d996e05bc27f0ee3af7fb0.jpeg

Did it just show up on the tracker today like that? I know you said you got an email. Bc my build date is today, & my tracker hasn't done anything yet. Was your actual build date yesterday? 

24 minutes ago, HarryTaint said:

Did it just show up on the tracker today like that? I know you said you got an email. Bc my build date is today, & my tracker hasn't done anything yet. Was your actual build date yesterday? 

My actual build day was 3/2 but of course the plant shuts down. I received the email this morning and when I opened the tracker this is what it showed. If it builds today you probably won't get the notification until tomorrow. Good Luck!!!!

I also went to the index site and put in my vin. when the codes start showing up from what I've read it means you truck components are active. I've been watching that also and it changed there also. 

Edited by dkeene
add info
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JC2014 said:

I have had a build date assigned twice in my last five bumps, so having a build date does not guarantee that you are not going to get bumped again. When you go into production you might see a faint light at the end of the tunnel

My problem is every time I see that faint light and assume it is daylight. It turns out to be a train and it runs me right out of the tunnel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mbrooks44 said:

What’s the hole up on yours? I assume the bed liner for the black out package?

At first it was the A/S and tonneau cover I dropped them in August. At the time you couldn’t opt out of the bed liner without opting out of the BOP. I refused to drop the BOP. So the long wait commenced. I’m just grateful I finally got a build date.  I knew going in this was going to a test of patience and endurance. It is what it is. 

17 hours ago, Late Apex 61 said:

I have a build week of 3/21 and a build to day of 3/24, but as of about an hour ago, no change to “In Production”. 

How are ya'll finding the build day? I'm scheduled for the week of the 21st as well.

On 3/14/2022 at 5:56 AM, ice-capades said:

The only orders that receive incremental allocation are verified COVP orders scheduled on a priority basis. Otherwise, retail orders scheduled using regular allocation reduce the allocation available for Dealer stock orders as has always been the case.

Retail orders were never at 25% on average. 

Ice, even though my dealer said they have 75 orders with mine being the oldest, is it possible they wouldn’t have any allocation for the rest of March? Could I still be considered for incremental scheduling? Still no VIN. 

Thanks 

Edited by Denao_53

The wait is finally over.  I will be picking up my F350 7.3L SRW Lariat tomorrow. The only commodity restriction I ordered is the 5th wheel prep.  Here is the timeline.

ordered 11/12/21 received confirmation email the same day.  
Received production schedule email on 1/13/22, scheduled for week of 2/28/22.

no pushbacks.

Built on 3/4/22

Shipped on  3/11/22 (via truck)

Delivered to dealer 3/14/22

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, FordTruckFan said:

The wait is finally over.  I will be picking up my F350 7.3L SRW Lariat tomorrow. The only commodity restriction I ordered is the 5th wheel prep.  Here is the timeline.

no pushbacks.

Built on 3/4/22

? 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, FordTruckFan said:

no pushbacks.

Built on 3/4/22

Sheesh…I’m happy for you but jealous AF!  LOL.  I ordered 10/4, have a build week of 3/28 (pushed back 3 times).  Ugghh…hard to be patient and optimistic.

• Like 1

Anyone else having issues with their dealership honoring the price protection? I told the dealer about it and sent them the documents and they won't honor it. Ford marketing tells me that each dealer can do whatever they want, each dealer operates independently when it comes to the final sale. I will reach out to the GM of the place and see if I can get anywhere. I've also told the dealer to reach out to the regional rep, and now waiting to hear what the regional rep tells them. I knew this was going to happen. 

1 hour ago, Wolfsnout said:

My order has been bumped 4times in 3 weeks.  I was not expecting it this soon anyway, then this happened.  Perhaps its a gold nugget that a serial order maker left behind. Some lucky person will find the one I ordered and will be canceling.    

IMG_3540(1).jpeg

Gorgeous, congrats...

• Thanks 1