Spy Shots of Next Ford Territory

• 4 months later...
56 minutes ago, akirby said:

Oakville is going 100% BEV.  this is on the Ranger platform so it would almost have to go to MAP.

You must be referring to the Everest which uses a Ranger-derived chassis.

2023-ford-everest-titanium.jpg
-Motor1

I believe the unibody 2023 Territory aka Equator Sport uses an updated version of the JMC-Ford platform which sort of resembles a super-sized version of the Global B-platform with an independent Control-Blade rear suspension.
Auto-sales-statistics-China-Ford_Equator
-carsalesbase.com

Edited by AM222

38 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

I always thought the Everest would be  a home run in US but now with Explorer on a North/South RWD platform I'm thinking the two would be too close-other than the chassis issue....???

The Everest is about 6 inches shorter then the Explorer, so it would be roughly the same length as an Edge. I'm assuming its narrower also then either the Edge or Explorer too. 

1 hour ago, Bob Rosadini said:

I always thought the Everest would be  a home run in US but now with Explorer on a North/South RWD platform I'm thinking the two would be too close-other than the chassis issue....???

The Everest is roughly the same size as the last body-on-frame Explorer.

640px-2006-2010_Ford_Explorer_--_01-07-2

The Territory looks good. I can see a bit of influence of front styling for the upcoming Escape update that was recently spied testing.

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

For now.....?

You thinking that Ford may change their mind about the 100% BEV plans for Oakville? I think they're moving forward with the plans and that it'll happen. The Edge is unfortunately on its way out. :(

7 hours ago, bzcat said:

That's definitely Equator Sport with "Territory" name applied for some reason, but it is not Territory, which is one size smaller. 

The current Territory is roughly the same size.  The next Territory aka Equator Sport is only 1.96in longer. It looks like the "Equator Sport" name will only be used in China.

ord-equator-sport-size-comparo-3-1651723

-TopGear Philippines 

Edited by AM222
Added info.

Ford is planning a facelift of Territory, as noted in the first post of this thread.

Equator Sport is a different vehicle altogether. Ford maybe planning to call it Territory in some markets but they are still two different vehicles. Equator Sport is larger and more expensive than Territory.

https://www.ford.com.cn/vehicles/

Territory is the entry level Ford SUV. Equator Sport cost 30% more.

Starting MSRP

Territory RMB 109,800

Equator Sport RMB 139,800

Escape RMB 169,800

Equator RMB 169,800

Evos RMB 199,800

Edge RMB 229,800

Everest RMB 275,800

Explorer RMB 309,800

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 3:31 AM, bzcat said:

Ford is planning a facelift of Territory, as noted in the first post of this thread.

Equator Sport is a different vehicle altogether. Ford maybe planning to call it Territory in some markets but they are still two different vehicles. Equator Sport is larger and more expensive than Territory.

https://www.ford.com.cn/vehicles/

Territory is the entry level Ford SUV. Equator Sport cost 30% more.

Starting MSRP

Territory RMB 109,800

Equator Sport RMB 139,800

Escape RMB 169,800

Equator RMB 169,800

Evos RMB 199,800

Edge RMB 229,800

Everest RMB 275,800

Explorer RMB 309,800

The Equator Sport is only 1.96in longer and 0.04in narrower than the current Territory, they are practically the same size.  

The huge base price difference is due to the current Territory having a base manual transmission variant while the Equator Sport starts with a DCT (no manual transmission option). 
A Territory Ambiente CVT starts at RMB 122,800 ($18,277), while an Equator Sport Ambiente DCT starts at RMB 139,800 ($20,808). That's a $2,531 US difference.

In China it's normal for two (or more) generations of one vehicle to overlap and run alongside each other. It might not replace the Territory in all export markets, there's also a chance it could be positioned as a higher variant instead. Based on Ford Cambodia dealership teasers, it could be called the Territory Titanium X. For markets that need a more competitive model, the Equator Sport may be the Territory's replacement. For markets where the current Territory is doing well (like in the Philippines), Ford is not in a rush to replace the current model.

Edited by AM222