2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

2 hours ago, ImmortalJman said:

Wow, that is crazy fast. I'm really hoping to get scheduled within the next few weeks.

Aren't we all! :)   

I could only hope for my Platinum to come up soon, but I've probably already run out of time to have it built, shipped, delivered, AND put 1000 miles on it before towing season picks up. I have a few weekend trips here and there, but was hoping for way more payload for the summer trips. 

2 hours ago, Monoman said:

I received my "scheduled for production" notice last night.

2023ScheduleDate.png.09af647df389e51659487c007a96d9b7.png

Wow, so they're scheduling out into July now?!   The production date of July 24 is after the order bank opens for the 2024 models (  July 17).   I'm losing hope my Lariat (Ordered Oct 28) will ever be produced but if it's after July then might just decide to hold off for the '24?      

53 minutes ago, system said:

From what I read on FB and FTE, a lot of orders have been bumped to July as delayed gov contract orders got pushed up in front of retails. 

If so, the Fleet allocation, which is a completely different process from that for Retail, Stock or Demo orders, would have been planned well in advance by Ford. Fleet Priority Codes are referenced to "Requested Production Week" with Ford granting the available allocation as determined by plant production capacity and commodity restraints, etc. Some Fleet accounts request production for delivery in the early months of their fiscal years when the funds are available in their budgets. Regardless, Retail order scheduling and production always has the highest priority subject to existing and anticipated supply chain, commodity and production restraints. 

15 hours ago, EastMark said:

Now that I’m finally shipped….I’ve seen others talk about tracking their truck to trains and ramps and convoys.  How do I see that info ?

Your dealer has the rail car number and can track the position on the vinview system. With the rail car number you can also track progress with the CSX automated system, but in my experience last year, it wasn't accurate. My dealer had more accurate information.

I am afraid of the truck arriving late fall.  I would want the 5er on the road...it's warranty will expire in Feb

While I am happy for those who ordered in March, I feel let done by Ford.  I really feel for those who ordered my22 in 21 never got their truck in 22, which turned into a 23 build and still don't have a truck.  

9 hours ago, system said:

From what I read on FB and FTE, a lot of orders have been bumped to July as delayed gov contract orders got pushed up in front of retails. 

Yeah if that is the case, I really appreciate Ford pushing back my 'carryover' order out further. ;-)   

6 hours ago, Smurf830 said:

I am afraid of the truck arriving late fall.  I would want the 5er on the road...it's warranty will expire in Feb

While I am happy for those who ordered in March, I feel let done by Ford.  I really feel for those who ordered my22 in 21 never got their truck in 22, which turned into a 23 build and still don't have a truck.  

Same feeling for me. My dealer said carryover orders would be built first with higher trims started down the line. Because of that and waiting for the last possible build week of 22 in hopes of getting scheduled, my carryover didn't get placed until the 2nd to last day of the order window. I think I went from last to last again. I tried to ask them to contact the regional scheduler for a 2 priority, but they said thats not required. Sigh. The wait continues and if it's much longer with late July builds already out there and the short year, it looks like another carryover could be on the table. Happy for those getting trucks, but frustrating for sure for some of us. Good luck to all.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Smurf830 said:

Agreed. Super great for those people who ordered in March but those who ordered in November or those who ordered 22s it really sucks. Now for those of us who ordered Platinums and higher trims getting scheduled for late July it’s really a shit situation as by then you can order a 24. I understand yea you’re waiting again linger for a 24 but I’m sure there will be a few new options or something. I know me for one I really don’t want to take a 23 Platinum in September for full price when the 24s will be hitting lots a few months later. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Pugnmat said:

Same feeling for me. My dealer said carryover orders would be built first with higher trims started down the line. Because of that and waiting for the last possible build week of 22 in hopes of getting scheduled, my carryover didn't get placed until the 2nd to last day of the order window. I think I went from last to last again. I tried to ask them to contact the regional scheduler for a 2 priority, but they said thats not required. Sigh. 

Order date doesn’t matter nor should you need a priority 2.  What matters is that your dealer puts your order at priority 10 and all the rest at 11 or higher.

My dealer puts all orders in as a 19 and "manages" orders. At last check, they had three roll over Platinums. At some point, I would think order date would trump it all. It just doesn't make sense to me that someone ordering a same level trim truck in October of 22 should be ahead of folks that ordered in Oct, Nov or Dec of 21 and there and plenty of us in that same boat. And as the other poster said, feels like they are  letting us down. Dealers and Ford together should have a better way not one side vs the other leaving some of us to wait.  Simply stated, I don't think anyone would disagree that a carry over order shouldn't be built ahead of new orders for the same optioned truck, regardless of dealer management or mismanagement.

1 hour ago, Pugnmat said:

My dealer puts all orders in as a 19 and "manages" orders. At last check, they had three roll over Platinums. At some point, I would think order date would trump it all. It just doesn't make sense to me that someone ordering a same level trim truck in October of 22 should be ahead of folks that ordered in Oct, Nov or Dec of 21 and there and plenty of us in that same boat. And as the other poster said, feels like they are  letting us down. Dealers and Ford together should have a better way not one side vs the other leaving some of us to wait.  Simply stated, I don't think anyone would disagree that a carry over order shouldn't be built ahead of new orders for the same optioned truck, regardless of dealer management or mismanagement.

Traditionally, the order date and priority code are both important as the scheduling system considers both. If there are two identical unscheduled orders with the same priority code, the older order should schedule first. Supply chain issues, commodity and production constraints have been the biggest scheduling issues the past several years. as for priority codes, the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system assigns priority code 19 by default requiring Dealers to manually assign a lower priority code for retail orders. The scheduling system works but requires Dealers to manage their USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) effectively which has gotten a lot more time consuming the past few years. The constantly changing supply chain issues, commodity and production constraints are a factor along with the different ordering and scheduling processes (Customer Order Verification Program) all adding the time required at the dealership level. Unfortunately, there are a lot of dealerships that don't manage their USOB and either aren't aware of the information resources available or don't bother to utilize those resources. And lastly, there's the communication issue between the Dealers and their retail order customers. Too many just tell the customer what they think the customer wants to hear instead of taking the few minutes to provide accurate information. And retail order customers rely too much on their sales representatives to provide information when many of them are unfamiliar with the details of the retail order and scheduling processes, and aren't aware of or have access to the resources available. That's why retail order customers should deal directly with the sales manager for status updates, etc.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pugnmat said:

The system was designed to let dealers manage their inventory.  Maybe I had a XLT on order for 4 weeks but I just sold a Platinum and want to replace it asap.  Or maybe the XLs aren’t selling well and I want more XLTs.

Retail (sold) orders are given priority over stock orders (when prioritized correctly) but the dealer still has the prerogative to set the priority including giving a new order priorityover an old order if they choose to do so.  In the end the dealer is ordering the vehicle and they determine your price and priority in their queue.  Ford has attempted to more directly control orders (Bronco, Mach-E) with mixed success,  supply chain issues make the problem 100 times worse than it would have been 4 years ago.

This is why Ford wants more factory orders where they control the priority and build order.  For BEVs I expect you’ll be given an immediate production date when placing the order - subject to change of course.  It might be 6-8 months out but it’s realistic given the current order bank and production rate and you don’t have to play dealer games.  Whether that translates to ICE vehicles is up in the air.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yankst28 said:

With today being Thursday is anyone hearing of any more high trims getting scheduled? My dealer has become useless with updates. 

Call ford directly or use ford chat, I agree my dealer has also become useless with updates. just give ford your order code and sales code and they will track it for you. I give them a call every Thursday because my dealer never sent me my confirmation email. Last thing I heard last week was its in Order Processing unscheduled clean.

5 hours ago, fordsixsev said:

Call ford directly or use ford chat, I agree my dealer has also become useless with updates. just give ford your order code and sales code and they will track it for you. I give them a call every Thursday because my dealer never sent me my confirmation email. Last thing I heard last week was its in Order Processing unscheduled clean.

Finally spoke with the sales manager and ford to verify what he told me and both said the order is in processing and confirmed. Which I received the confirm email from ford but now now it just sits awaiting scheduling and it’s clean they said no constraints. We will see

3 hours ago, Yankst28 said:

Finally spoke with the sales manager and ford to verify what he told me and both said the order is in processing and confirmed. Which I received the confirm email from ford but now now it just sits awaiting scheduling and it’s clean they said no constraints. We will see

"Unscheduled/Clean" status does NOT mean that there are no applicable commodity constraints preventing the order from being scheduled. Unscheduled/Clean status only means that there are no "errors" in the order and that it complies with the order guide specifications and/or requirements. The commodity constraints information is available in other resources available to the Dealer. 

8 hours ago, ice-capades said:

"Unscheduled/Clean" status does NOT mean that there are no applicable commodity constraints preventing the order from being scheduled. Unscheduled/Clean status only means that there are no "errors" in the order and that it complies with the order guide specifications and/or requirements. The commodity constraints information is available in other resources available to the Dealer. 

Sweet so dealer doesn’t even know what the heck is going on. Seriously considering just ordering a Ram longhorn or GMC Denali. Both of them aren’t having any issues getting trucks to the lots in a timely manner. 

38 minutes ago, Yankst28 said:

Sweet so dealer doesn’t even know what the heck is going on. Seriously considering just ordering a Ram longhorn or GMC Denali. Both of them aren’t having any issues getting trucks to the lots in a timely manner. 

True about Ram. Not so much GMC. I spoke with two local GMC dealers in my area. Both told me that there were varying commodity constraints that change weekly and like Ford, the higher end truck you ordered, the more constraints you'd run into. They both were having a very hard time getting high trim orders picked up and told me it would be quite a wait if I ordered. One was a small family type place so perhaps allocation was in play but the other was one of the higher volume dealers in the state. 

Edited by system