2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

1 hour ago, ddb said:

So after 102 days after the last "45 day" email from Ford on January 29th, I got this one late last night.  Had my hopes up when I saw an email finally arrive from Ford.  But it's the same diatribe and my hopes were quickly dashed.  Ordered on 10/28/22, priority code at 10.

2023-05-12_6-03-23.jpg

Got the same thing this morning. Talked to dealer 10 minutes ago and the sales manager said I have no constraints on my Platinum and it’s a priority 12 currently. I find it hard to believe there are no constraints but hoping for the best. 

5 minutes ago, Yankst28 said:

Got the same thing this morning. Talked to dealer 10 minutes ago and the sales manager said I have no constraints on my Platinum and it’s a priority 12 currently. I find it hard to believe there are no constraints but hoping for the best. 

There are constraints every week - they only publish the major ones.

• Like 1

For everyone still waiting on a scheduled build date, Ford Video Guy said in his live stream on Tuesday that next week is when dealerships get May allocations. I'm hoping that means a bunch of you will get scheduled build dates on Thursday. I'm pulling for each and everyone of you! I'm in love with ours. In my opinion, it was definitely worth waiting for.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yankst28 said:

The best source for information on any applicable commodity constraints on your Platinum order is the AM Preview Scheduling Report. Many Dealers don't know or don't bother looking at the report. 

• Like 1

I got the same email.  Unlike most I knew it was another blah blah blah from Ford.

I don’t have any expectations of receiving what I ordered and placed a down payment on.  

I bet when they refund my deposit due to non delivery they won’t reimburse me for interest I’ve lost ?

These knuckleheads have really lost me.  This would have been my 10th super duty.  

From the Ford Video guy video I know at least from this last week's round of scheduling, my truck had very little chance of getting picked up. 19.5" tires, the ones that are on F450's, was only 2% of scheduled builds?. That and vista roofs are 20% which mine also has. Also HO Diesel was very low, though I don't recall the percentage. Then there's the upfitter switches which are a part of KR, and the pro back-up trailer assist which is also on KR. All of these were very low percentages for scheduling. I might be looking at a unicorn build. I know soon I'll have to decide if I can wait for a 24 if this thing doesn't get scheduled. I'm a priority 10 I'm case anyone else is in the same bucket...it's just parts availability.

Anyone else on here waiting for an F450?

Edited by ImmortalJman

6 hours ago, ImmortalJman said:

From the Ford Video guy video I know at least from this last week's round of scheduling, my truck had very little chance of getting picked up. 19.5" tires, the ones that are on F450's, was only 2% of scheduled builds?. That and vista roofs are 20% which mine also has. Also HO Diesel was very low, though I don't recall the percentage. Then there's the upfitter switches which are a part of KR, and the pro back-up trailer assist which is also on KR. All of these were very low percentages for scheduling. I might be looking at a unicorn build. I know soon I'll have to decide if I can wait for a 24 if this thing doesn't get scheduled. I'm a priority 10 I'm case anyone else is in the same bucket...it's just parts availability.

Anyone else on here waiting for an F450?

Mine went from ordered (5/6) to scheduled (5/11) in 4 business days, with this build.

2023 F250 SD XLT CREW CAB 8' LONG BED 4x4

Antimatter Blue Metallic exterior

Baja color interior

HO 6.7 Diesel

3.31 electronic locking diff

Splash guard/mud flap front/rear

Wheel well liner-front only

Drop in bedliner

Upfitter switches

Rear defrost

9 hours ago, OX1 said:

Mine went from ordered (5/6) to scheduled (5/11) in 4 business days, with this build.

Baja color interior

HO 6.7 Diesel

Drop in bedliner

Upfitter switches

Rear defrost

OX1

It seems like only the guys that are waiting for the King Ranch and above builds are in LIMBO and not getting scheduled....These upper Trim levels just are not being scheduled or built in any quantity.  Just the Lower Trim models.

I have my 2023 Platinum VIN number, however, It is currently scheduled for 07/24/2023.....If that ever happens.....Looks to me that FORD cannot procure the parts to do these builds ( King Ranch and above) 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Havasu Guy said:

OX1

It seems like only the guys that are waiting for the King Ranch and above builds are in LIMBO and not getting scheduled....These upper Trim levels just are not being scheduled or built in any quantity.  Just the Lower Trim models.

I have my 2023 Platinum VIN number, however, It is currently scheduled for 07/24/2023.....If that ever happens.....Looks to me that FORD cannot procure the parts to do these builds ( King Ranch and above) 

Yeah. I only posted as it was suggested that the HO or upfitter's were possibly holding them back, but I got both. 

On 5/12/2023 at 6:53 AM, Forgirl2003 said:

For everyone still waiting on a scheduled build date, Ford Video Guy said in his live stream on Tuesday that next week is when dealerships get May allocations. I'm hoping that means a bunch of you will get scheduled build dates on Thursday. I'm pulling for each and everyone of you! I'm in love with ours. In my opinion, it was definitely worth waiting for.

I am waiting on a scheduled build date ( Lariat / Ultimate / Tremor with 6.7 HO); dealer rang me up yesterday and advised the 6.7 HOs were in balance out and that his understanding no more 6.7 HOs for resto of model year. Curious if anybody has heard same from credible source (this is apparently separate from 6.7HO orders being shut down).

4 hours ago, Havasu Guy said:

OX1

Its also Lariat Ultimate Tremors as well

2 hours ago, schneesb said:

I am waiting on a scheduled build date ( Lariat / Ultimate / Tremor with 6.7 HO); dealer rang me up yesterday and advised the 6.7 HOs were in balance out and that his understanding no more 6.7 HOs for resto of model year. Curious if anybody has heard same from credible source (this is apparently separate from 6.7HO orders being shut down).

This was not what was communicated in Tuesdays Ford to dealer commodity/schedule information. I believe that is inaccurate.

7 hours ago, Havasu Guy said:

OX1

This all is so sad, especially for those who ordered the  KRs, Plats and Limiteds during the opening of the MY23 order banks.  I am one of those who did so.  Really wanted and needed my King Ranch this summer.  I've read elsewhere where the higher trims will be scheduled last.  However I have not seen any verification of that.  

I really thought Ford would be on top of their game as  the MY23 super duties was billed as an all new truck.  Problems with the OKTB and the issues with the EPA diesels and 7.3 should not have happened.  Who would have guessed that the first super duties would not leave the plant until March and that no upper trims would be scheduled until the end of July.

Meanwhile,  Ford's only real competitor, GM,  was producing MY23 in December and started MY24 in March.  GM is concentrating on building the upper trims now.  They expect to attract former Ford super duty orders

I don't have time to wait for a truck that may or may not be built.  I don't want to hear about supply chain issues.  I don't want to hear excuses.

I did purchase a new 23 Duramax LTZ premium 3500 yesterday.  It had a $6.5 discount off MRSP as it was last years model and only a $150 dealer add on for paperwork.  My plans for the summer can go on.   Sure wished that Ford had followed through with the excitement on the opening of the order banks for the MY23.

7 hours ago, Smurf830 said:

This all is so sad, especially for those who ordered the  KRs, Plats and Limiteds during the opening of the MY23 order banks.  I am one of those who did so.  Really wanted and needed my King Ranch this summer.  I've read elsewhere where the higher trims will be scheduled last.  However I have not seen any verification of that.  

I really thought Ford would be on top of their game as  the MY23 super duties was billed as an all new truck.  Problems with the OKTB and the issues with the EPA diesels and 7.3 should not have happened.  Who would have guessed that the first super duties would not leave the plant until March and that no upper trims would be scheduled until the end of July.

Meanwhile,  Ford's only real competitor, GM,  was producing MY23 in December and started MY24 in March.  GM is concentrating on building the upper trims now.  They expect to attract former Ford super duty orders

I don't have time to wait for a truck that may or may not be built.  I don't want to hear about supply chain issues.  I don't want to hear excuses.

I did purchase a new 23 Duramax LTZ premium 3500 yesterday.  It had a $6.5 discount off MRSP as it was last years model and only a $150 dealer add on for paperwork.  My plans for the summer can go on.   Sure wished that Ford had followed through with the excitement on the opening of the order banks for the MY23.

Completely agree, I knew it would be slightly delayed but didn’t know it would be this bad. Maybe they should have limited orders more to something they 100% knew was attainable. I have a little more time to wait as I need my Platinum starting in November but at this point have little to no faith it will be built. Pretty sure I’ll be ordering a 24 LTZ duramax  tomorrow. I’ve visited multiple GMC and Chevy dealers and they all say 4-5 months which is much better then the ford “we have no idea” answer. 

3 hours ago, Blue05 said:

I ordered a lariat ultimate crew cab- 8’ bed with HO, 5th wheel prep, spray in Bed liner and winch in October. NO UPDATES…. Does this mean im out?

I would get with your dealer to check in and make sure your email is on the order that goes in the system. But even with that said, the answer to your question is... well know one really knows and that's hardest part. There isn't really a lot of pattern or ryhme or reason behind not getting scheduled. I mean there is, but there's so many factors that play into it that it's difficult to point to any diffinitive thing.

Finally, my F250 King Ranch has a production date for the week of 29 May!  Received the notice from Ford on Thursday 11 May.  Ordered a 2022 on 1/4/22 and was bumped to a 2023.  2023 order placed 11/14/22.  

"We are excited to let you know your 2023 Super Duty F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab has been scheduled for production. Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of May 29, 2023"

F250, King Ranch Star White, 7.3L Godzilla and moonroof.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TXRoadRunner said:

Finally, my F250 King Ranch has a production date for the week of 29 May!  Received the notice from Ford on Thursday 11 May.  Ordered a 2022 on 1/4/22 and was bumped to a 2023.  2023 order placed 11/14/22.  

"We are excited to let you know your 2023 Super Duty F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab has been scheduled for production. Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of May 29, 2023"

F250, King Ranch Star White, 7.3L Godzilla and moonroof.  

Congrats! That is promising to hear!

Good to hear someone's getting their King Ranch!  I just called and spoke with my dealer and my order was cancelled!

Placed order 3/23, call to check last week as I hadn't heard anything and they told me my order had been rejected.  They are only taking orders for up to Lariat now!?  I guess I'll be at the front of the line for the '24's!

Sob, sob!

19 hours ago, WannaNewOne said:

Good to hear someone's getting their King Ranch!  I just called and spoke with my dealer and my order was cancelled!

Placed order 3/23, call to check last week as I hadn't heard anything and they told me my order had been rejected.  They are only taking orders for up to Lariat now!?  I guess I'll be at the front of the line for the '24's!

Sob, sob!

Goodluck on being front of the line for '24s. 2023 Rollovers are going to be front of the line. And people that want to move there '23 builds over in July. But who knows!

On 5/13/2023 at 5:44 AM, OX1 said:

Baja color interior

HO 6.7 Diesel

Drop in bedliner

Upfitter switches

Rear defrost

Says in production as of today, wasn't even scheduled until the 23rd. 

7 minutes ago, OX1 said:

Says in production as of today, wasn't even scheduled until the 23rd. 

No offense, but this is honestly the thing that really get's under my skin. Ford is balanced out on HO's. But yet, they will take a new order and build it, prior to guys who ordered on 10/27, making all of those wait longer. I've seen countless trucks ordered in 2-3-4-5 month of the year being picked up, scheduled, and majority delivered. But 10/27 orders are just "unscheduled clean".....

This ordering system needs to get changed to first in, first out. There will obviously be guys who ordered higher trim trucks, that won't get them because ford used up supplies on lower trim models that were ordered significantly later. 

1 hour ago, blackduty said:

No offense, but this is honestly the thing that really get's under my skin. Ford is balanced out on HO's. But yet, they will take a new order and build it, prior to guys who ordered on 10/27, making all of those wait longer.

He didn’t say the order was placed on 5/6………

10 hours ago, blackduty said:

No offense, but this is honestly the thing that really get's under my skin. Ford is balanced out on HO's. But yet, they will take a new order and build it, prior to guys who ordered on 10/27, making all of those wait longer. I've seen countless trucks ordered in 2-3-4-5 month of the year being picked up, scheduled, and majority delivered. But 10/27 orders are just "unscheduled clean".....

This ordering system needs to get changed to first in, first out. There will obviously be guys who ordered higher trim trucks, that won't get them because ford used up supplies on lower trim models that were ordered significantly later. 

I suggest taking the time to read many of the older posts, especially the 2022 thread. Lots of facts are available to prove why first in first out would result in chaos on the production line and less trucks being built, especially in these days of commodity restraints. Dealer management of order banks and allocations also has a huge impact on which orders are scheduled.

One week last year, the following major constraints were applicable to my F-450 - dually truck bed, wheels, 5th wheel prep, panoramic roof. There will have been others that weren't published. So, based on order sequence, if my truck was due to get built that week, you believe the factory should stop production until all these parts are available to build my truck. That's the definition of first in, first out. Without wheels, they couldn't even build it and take it into storage waiting for other parts.

• Like 1