2024 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

23 hours ago, Big_Daddy said:

Well, I just got the Ford “we are completely incompetent and we have no clue what we are doing” email on my 24 450 KR order.

not surprised ?

it’s truly laughable now.  Anyone carrying Ford’s water these days is blind or a fool.

What information is your dealer providing regarding any delays pertaining to your order. Although many dealer state they don't have the information, they do have it available, as my dealer provided regular updates as to what was delaying it being scheduled.

Never received anything directly from Ford and frankly didn't miss the generic emails that many receive.

23 hours ago, Big_Daddy said:

Well, I just got the Ford “we are completely incompetent and we have no clue what we are doing” email on my 24 450 KR order.

not surprised ?

it’s truly laughable now.  Anyone carrying Ford’s water these days is blind or a fool.

That email is automated exactly every 45 days. 
You could get a week scheduled date this coming Thursday.  I got that email, and then 2 days later my VIN And scheduled week.  Now that scheduled week Has shifted two weeks later, but others are shifting earlier depending on what was ordered. 

On 9/24/2023 at 7:12 PM, George C said:

So what is your point, except to vent?

Obviously, Ford makes money selling trucks, and loses money by not selling. Obviously they are having supply issues from their outsource producers.

If you can’t wait, buy something else, but bitching and throwing mud does nothing for you.

My 23 Limited was cancelled and my 24 is scheduled in three weeks. First world problems.

If it’s delayed, so what. Nothing I can do but remain patient. 
‘No GM of Ram for me. 

So which one are you?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Big_Daddy said:

So which one are you?

There is currently exhausted availability on KR. Some component of that trim is no longer available.  So you won’t get scheduled until that component becomes available or you change to Platinum or any other trim. 

There are over 10,000 2024 Superduty’s already scheduled for October 2023. Other trims are getting scheduled and will start being built on October 5. 

3 hours ago, ClaudeSS said:

There is currently exhausted availability on KR. Some component of that trim is no longer available.  So you won’t get scheduled until that component becomes available or you change to Platinum or any other trim. 

There are over 10,000 2024 Superduty’s already scheduled for October 2023. Other trims are getting scheduled and will start being built on October 5. 

How many are 450s?  Not many.  It’s embarrassingly obvious that Farley couldn’t find his way out of a corner.

So don’t order a KR, now don’t order a 450… when does it stop?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Big_Daddy said:

How many are 450s?  Not many.  It’s embarrassingly obvious that Farley couldn’t find his way out of a corner.

So don’t order a KR, now don’t order a 450… when does it stop?

F-450's have been slower builds for the past few years and those of us that order them are accepting of that fact. If I wanted a new truck quicker, I would have ordered a lesser truck. Personally, I'm happy waiting for the more capable truck.

An effective dealer can also greatly assist in expediting the order. My Sales Manager is excellent, as I only waited 9 months for a F-450 KRU.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

F-450's have been slower builds for the past few years and those of us that order them are accepting of that fact. If I wanted a new truck quicker, I would have ordered a lesser truck. Personally, I'm happy waiting for the more capable truck.

An effective dealer can also greatly assist in expediting the order. My Sales Manager is excellent, as I only waited 9 months for a F-450 KRU.

Lol so the goal posts keep moving. So now add to the list find your dealer and only wait nine months for a KR ultimate.  Seeing that there is no KRU in 2023 I’m taking you ordered your truck before this?  

Can your dealer source 19.5” wheels since Ford cannot?  Unless they go back to those wonky 17” wheels like 2011 450s will be vaporware.  Don’t you think leadership should plan for this since they have already jacked things up for the prior year with sourcing from vendors 

What’s the definition of insanity again?

I don’t think you understand, I own a ‘23 450 KR that I located on the other side of the country.  I’m not upset that I don’t have one as it’s parked in my barn.

But Ford being run by a cabal of nincompoops is something I do not want.  I’ve never not owned a Ford in my life.  In fact this is my 8th Super Duty and my 5th King Ranch.  The brand is being ruined by this knuckleheads incompetence and that is not something I desire.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Big_Daddy said:

Lol so the goal posts keep moving. So now add to the list find your dealer and only wait nine months for a KR ultimate.  Seeing that there is no KRU in 2023 I’m taking you ordered your truck before this?  

Can your dealer source 19.5” wheels since Ford cannot?  Unless they go back to those wonky 17” wheels like 2011 450s will be vaporware.  Don’t you think leadership should plan for this since they have already jacked things up for the prior year with sourcing from vendors 

What’s the definition of insanity again?

I don’t think you understand, I own a ‘23 450 KR that I located on the other side of the country.  I’m not upset that I don’t have one as it’s parked in my barn.

But Ford being run by a cabal of nincompoops is something I do not want.  I’ve never not owned a Ford in my life.  In fact this is my 8th Super Duty and my 5th King Ranch.  The brand is being ruined by this knuckleheads incompetence and that is not something I desire.

Since we purchase from a dealer and not directly from Ford, I'll suggest researching for a quality dealer and building a relationship with them has always been an integral part of purchasing a vehicle, more so when it is a retail order.

Clearly the dealer can't source the specific F-450 wheels, but an effective dealer can manage the order bank and liaise with their local zone manager to expedite orders. The 19.5" wheels were a constraint item many weeks and I recall a few weeks where even dually truck beds were an issue. The major constraint items changed weekly, based on the suppliers and transportation chains.

Yes, my F-450 KRU is a MY 22 and we had all the same issue they are dealing with in 24.  All manufacturers, not just vehicle will continue to experience constraints, but remember a few thousand of F-450's are built every year. An effective dealers tracks the information Ford publishes, adjusts the order accordingly and is always pushing the zone manager to expedite their builds.

With respect to 23 F-450 KRU, I recall a number of months ago, my dealer called me regarding a 23 F-450 KR, I believe it had the Ultimate package, but can't be sure. It was a retail order that the buyer backed out of once it was built and in transit. He knew friends of ours wanted a F-450 KR, so I got first option on it at MSRP. My dealer has also received numerous 23 Platinums, with 2 more currently in transit.

I watched that video linked yesterday, the relevant points for me were "limited availability of Platinum, exhausted availability of F350."  Ok, so not this week. He goes on to say "keep in mind we had some orders scheduled that were marked with exhausted availability last week." Yeah right, not likely.

Despite that, I got my build date and VIN this morning. Completely unexpected, but I'm not going to complain. I guess the moral of the story is go ahead and let those videos crush your hopes, maybe you'll be surprised? 

4 hours ago, ddb said:

What trim level?

Lariat with Sport Pkg with 5th wheel prep, upfitter switches, 250 amp alternator and nothing else.. Seems weird.. my F150 took weeks to get that status..

Also got the 7.3 and Glacier Gray. 

Edited by Sledz

On 9/12/2023 at 11:18 AM, Rangers09 said:

On all my previous retail orders, the tracking website is available once the VIN is created. There was a period when the US site wasn't working, but the Canadian site did work. May want to try the Canadian site.

Unless things have changed since April, your dealer if incorrect.

Tried the Canadian website, same response. 
anyone have any other options?

1 hour ago, lcseds said:

Has anyone ordered a '24 with the X-Plan that actually shows X-Plan pricing on the order agreement? I don't know if the dealer has access to the X-Plan pricing at this time. I sure don't on the build and price pages.

Yes, the plan prices are available. Your dealer just chose not to check the box and print them out. 

• Like 1

Greetings - After reading many helpful and educational posts I want to register and provide my experience thus far.  I ordered a 2024 F-250 Limited on August 12, 2023, and after receiving the initial order confirmation email, 45 days later I received an email indicating it is scheduled to be built the week of 11/6/23.  Yeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaw.  The dealer suggested leaving off the spray in bed liner as it would/could perhaps delay the delivery.  Dealer will have it done locally at their expense.  Otherwise I checked nearly all the boxes for options.  I will update as I receive info.  

11 hours ago, GoinPlaces said:

Greetings - After reading many helpful and educational posts I want to register and provide my experience thus far.  I ordered a 2024 F-250 Limited on August 12, 2023, and after receiving the initial order confirmation email, 45 days later I received an email indicating it is scheduled to be built the week of 11/6/23.  Yeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaw.  The dealer suggested leaving off the spray in bed liner as it would/could perhaps delay the delivery.  Dealer will have it done locally at their expense.  Otherwise I checked nearly all the boxes for options.  I will update as I receive info.  

That's pretty quick scheduling for a Limited. Congrats!

On 9/28/2023 at 9:12 AM, Mylriahd said:

I watched that video linked yesterday, the relevant points for me were "limited availability of Platinum, exhausted availability of F350."  Ok, so not this week. He goes on to say "keep in mind we had some orders scheduled that were marked with exhausted availability last week." Yeah right, not likely.

Despite that, I got my build date and VIN this morning. Completely unexpected, but I'm not going to complain. I guess the moral of the story is go ahead and let those videos crush your hopes, maybe you'll be surprised? 

Yeah, kind of true. It is a moving target that changes almost hourly. Flip side is Tim from Long McArthur is VERY informed and follows up on his orders/customers daily, constant research and tracking. He has a great pulse on what if happening and how to get you out of order purgatory if somehow you end up there. 1000% straight up and honest of what he knows and sometimes, even let's things slip he's not supposed to yet. lolol Some examples of order purgatory would be when you KNOW something has a constraint and it's a silly item he can install at the dealer, he will talk to you about removing it. Like a bedliner, mudflaps, bed cover, you know, stupid shit that is easy to install after the truck arrives. Sometimes he just gives knowledge to save you a HEAP of trouble. For example, when I ordered my 2022 F450 Lariat, I wanted to change to KR at one point. Well I would have lost my price protection if I had done so increasing the price FAR beyond the difference in Larai vs KR. It's different if you add say cab lights to your order vs changing from XLT to Lariat, or model code changes. People don't know that then get a big surprise when they pick up Their vehicle. 

This week's Scheduling Notes: 

Edited by jarrsong

On 9/29/2023 at 11:48 AM, lcseds said:

Has anyone ordered a '24 with the X-Plan that actually shows X-Plan pricing on the order agreement? I don't know if the dealer has access to the X-Plan pricing at this time. I sure don't on the build and price pages.

Yes. You have to have the X-plan signed Dora (in your name) and proof of X-Plan eligibility. But I will tell you this, I tried ordering my 2024 F450 from a local dealer this time and they said they won't know the price of the truck until it's delivered. This is BULLSHIT and a tactic for you to not have price protection. It was Harris Ford in Lynnwood WA. We walked out and once again; I ordered 1800 miles away in Arizona because I TRUST the dealer and the process. They had me the X-Plan pricing on a DORA in 10 minutes of me sending them the order sheet with all the options I wanted. SO DON'T buy this nonsense and move on. 

jarrsong

On 9/30/2023 at 5:45 PM, GoinPlaces said:

This was good advice, only thing I'd add is make sure wherever you have the bed liner done, make sure it's a Quality liner like Line-X or equivalent with a lifetime warranty. Trust me on this one. You don't want to take any chances of the dealer charging you $800 for a liner and having them shoot some third-rate crap in your nice new truck. 

jarrsong