Cadillac Vistiq

Bellanca

33 minutes ago, Bellanca said:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a46105098/2025-cadillac-vistiq-revealed/

I know I know, Ford/Lincoln wants to ensure that they aren’t putting out a half baked product but after all of this time it would be nice to hear something of what’s coming. 

No question. Forget supply chain issues, commodity restraints or any other issues but Lincoln still can't sell 100,000 vehicles per year in the North American market. After all the investments and commitments over the years at the insistence of the Ford family to revive the brand, it's simply sad to see the Lincoln brand tarnished so badly after decades of mismanagement.   

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

No question. Forget supply chain issues, commodity restraints or any other issues but Lincoln still can't sell 100,000 vehicles per year in the North American market. After all the investments and commitments over the years at the insistence of the Ford family to revive the brand, it's simply sad to see the Lincoln brand tarnished so badly after decades of mismanagement.   

They had a good plan going with the current crop of vehicles which are great - but like many things with Ford plans - it's as if they had the plan for the current 4, and then just stopped and forgot to plan after that.

• Like 1

I think their current batch of vehicles are pretty competitive, I love my Aviator(#3), and I’ll probably get another one, but was hoping for some information on an electric replacement for it. Their problem though is that they don’t continually update their vehicles and in this market you have to make updates and they just don’t seem to do that— especially as they can’t just sell based on their laurels like BMW, Mercedes and the like. 

5 hours ago, Bellanca said:

I know I know, Ford/Lincoln wants to ensure that they aren’t putting out a half baked product but after all of this time it would be nice to hear something of what’s coming. 

It pisses me off. I know you obviously don't want to reveal your product 5 years before it makes it into production or anything like that. But Ford keeps hyping up how incredible these next generation electric vehicles are. Stop talking about it, and show us. T3 and the 3 rows are coming out in 2025, probably early 2025.

We're basically in 2024 at this point.

Throw us a bone and show us a concept or two, at least a teaser or something. I'd even accept a design sketch or rendering to tide us over. It's just not a good look when everyone else is teasing concepts and prep production vehicles, and Ford is hiding it's products, doesn't exude confidence. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

It pisses me off. I know you obviously don't want to reveal your product 5 years before it makes it into production or anything like that. But Ford keeps hyping up how incredible these next generation electric vehicles are. Stop talking about it, and show us. T3 and the 3 rows are coming out in 2025, probably early 2025.

We're basically in 2024 at this point.

Throw us a bone and show us a concept or two, at least a teaser or something. I'd even accept a design sketch or rendering to tide us over. It's just not a good look when everyone else is teasing concepts and prep production vehicles, and Ford is hiding it's products, doesn't exude confidence. 

I was all excited when they announced the partnership with Rivian—and then that got deep-sixed, then they announced the EV Aviator, but that seems to keep getting pushed back. We had the Star Concept, which I loved when I saw in person, obviously too over the top but I could see it being toned down for production and it could be a sharp vehicle. But instead we are on the 5th model year of the Aviator with no changes, the Chinese market receives a better version of the Corsair…the new Nautilus looks promising at least, and I do love the Navigator. Aside from that there’s no news of anything. 

5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

They're pawing their way back. Lincoln really found themselves again with the aviator, and newest navigator. Their sales seemed to tick back up as they embraced their... Americaness I guess. They aren't trying to be like BMW, or Lexus, they're trying to be themselves, and that resonates with buyers. Lincoln may not be selling a million cars a year, but the brand is a lot stronger in terms of image and reputation than it was a decade ago. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bellanca said:

I was all excited when they announced the partnership with Rivian—and then that got deep-sixed, then they announced the EV Aviator, but that seems to keep getting pushed back. We had the Star Concept, which I loved when I saw in person, obviously too over the top but I could see it being toned down for production and it could be a sharp vehicle. But instead we are on the 5th model year of the Aviator with no changes, the Chinese market receives a better version of the Corsair…the new Nautilus looks promising at least, and I do love the Navigator. Aside from that there’s no news of anything. 

The Lincoln three row EV is apparently the Rivian Lincoln design, just repurposed onto Ford's electric platform. It's apparently a striking and exotic looking vehicle, so that's something to look forward to at least. 

• Like 2

On 12/14/2023 at 4:22 PM, Bellanca said:

I think their current batch of vehicles are pretty competitive, I love my Aviator(#3), and I’ll probably get another one, but was hoping for some information on an electric replacement for it. Their problem though is that they don’t continually update their vehicles and in this market you have to make updates and they just don’t seem to do that— especially as they can’t just sell based on their laurels like BMW, Mercedes and the like. 

agreed they need more consistent, thorough changes 

On 12/14/2023 at 5:04 PM, Bellanca said:

the new Nautilus looks great in person.   I got to see it a few months ago and was quite impressed with it.

On 12/14/2023 at 5:05 PM, DeluxeStang said:

They're pawing their way back. Lincoln really found themselves again with the aviator, and newest navigator. Their sales seemed to tick back up as they embraced their... Americaness I guess. They aren't trying to be like BMW, or Lexus, they're trying to be themselves, and that resonates with buyers. Lincoln may not be selling a million cars a year, but the brand is a lot stronger in terms of image and reputation than it was a decade ago. 

right but every time they seem to start getting some traction, they let things slide by having too infrequent refreshes or redesigns….and much like Ford of late, when they do push out a delayed MCE, it is a tiny change like a grille tweak that doesn’t move the needle.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2023 at 3:04 PM, Bellanca said:

. But instead we are on the 5th model year of the Aviator with no changes, the Chinese market receives a better version of the Corsair…the new Nautilus looks promising at least, and I do love the Navigator. Aside from that there’s no news of anything. 

I think we can count on the Aviator getting the same looks as the Nautilus. How many times in a row now have they changed the styling and kept the same look across all models? It will surely get the coast to coast dash.

My dealer's sales manager tried to talk me out of buying now, telling me I'm taking a loss on F-150 trade in because incentives are high right now on new and trade ins are down. Then, I'll lose money again when the 25 Aviator arrives and I'll want that and lose money yet again.

On 12/14/2023 at 11:05 AM, Bellanca said:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a46105098/2025-cadillac-vistiq-revealed/

I know I know, Ford/Lincoln wants to ensure that they aren’t putting out a half-baked product but after all of this time it would be nice to hear something about what’s coming. 

Yeah, that would be nice. I mean Cadillac has already shown 4 EVs and Lincoln still hasn’t shown anything although they said they were going to have 4 EVs by 2025

11 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

Yeah, that would be nice. I mean Cadillac has already shown 4 EVs and Lincoln still hasn’t shown anything although they said they were going to have 4 EVs by 2025

Ford has been very tight lipped about products since the Bronco launch for some reason. I know they are launching a lot of new product, but apparently some of it is slipping to the right for various reasons. 

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Ford has been very tight lipped about products since the Bronco launch for some reason. I know they are launching a lot of new product, but apparently some of it is slipping to the right for various reasons. 

double edged sword - they got burned by Bronco launch with all the supply issues and inability to fill orders - so they're not eager to show products until they're ready ready (how many times have we complained about them showing something and it be a year+ away from debut).....but then in the meantime, on the other hand, it looks like they've got nothing coming.

I'd advocate them throwing a few "concept" cars out there to at least stir up some interest during the launch lull.

43 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

But then in the meantime, on the other hand, it looks like they've got nothing coming..

it really does seem that way-the new EVs that are going to come from Oakville seem like they are about 24 months late and the T3 is the only other product that is coming in the next 3 years. Seems like the cupboards are a bit bare between now and the end of the UAW contract, outside of some refreshes of current products. 

37 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

it really does seem that way-the new EVs that are going to come from Oakville seem like they are about 24 months late and the T3 is the only other product that is coming in the next 3 years. Seems like the cupboards are a bit bare between now and the end of the UAW contract, outside of some refreshes of current products. 

The crazy thing is, the same could be said of the LAST contract.  Remember the last one was supposed to put all these products at Oakville too, and that still hasn't happened.  Crazy.

Some plan redos are good - others not so much - I think they should've kept pushing forward with the more conventional Explorer shape that was apparently in progress, and put that out, and THEN pushed for the new swoopy model after that so that they'd be attacking the same segment from different angles.  Instead we have an ever delayed launch of a single product that from descriptions is controversial and it remains to be seen how the market will respond to it.

Edited by rmc523

• 3 months later...