Ford Will Reveal Something at the 2024 NY Auto Show

2 hours ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Not sure where I saw it, but a clip of the Ford Pro line up....an array of about seven Transits

Hope you’re right on Transit and that it includes new options like maybe hybrid variant.

1 hour ago, joseodiaga4 said:

So they will use the NY auto show just to show new colors??

Maybe is something like this because we haven't seen any teaser of something new

Someone mentioned how when you look at the event details, Ford's reveal schedule is tied to some sort of mustang 60th anniversary event. So whatever this is, if we see anything at all, is probably gonna be mustang based. 

So then the question becomes what exactly. I haven't seen anything on their social media accounts pertaining to the mustang, aside from a post about some 1960s mid-engine mustang concepts they posted earlier this month. That's probably a trip down memory lane rather than a wink and a nudge at what's to come, but we'll see. 

With Ford, there tends to be a pattern with reveal events, and not teasing anything in advance. They either reveal something so insignificant that it doesn't even warrant a social media post, like a new tinted headlight option. Or it's this mind blowing reveal, aka something like the ford atlas concept or the Ford gt reveal in Detroit. 

Edited by DeluxeStang
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

Someone mentioned how when you look at the event details, Ford's reveal schedule is tied to some sort of mustang 60th anniversary event. So whatever this is, if we see anything at all, is probably gonna be mustang based. 

So then the question becomes what exactly. I haven't seen anything on their social media accounts pertaining to the mustang, aside from a post about some 1960s mid-engine mustang concepts they posted earlier this month. That's probably a trip down memory lane rather than a wink and a nudge at what's to come, but we'll see. 

With Ford, there tends to be a pattern with reveal events, and not teasing anything in advance. They either reveal something so insignificant that it doesn't even warrant a social media post, like a new tinted headlight option. Or it's this mind blowing reveal, aka something like the ford atlas concept or the Ford gt reveal in Detroit. 

Mustang Unleashed Is New Nationwide Tour for Current, Future Fans

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2024/03/25/mustang-unleashed-is-new-nationwide-tour-for-current--future-fan.html

Posted the topic from Ford Media in the Ford Discussion Forum earlier today. Nothing about it indicates anything related to the NY Auto Show. 

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/76122-mustang-unleashed-is-new-nationwide-tour-for-current-future-fans/#comment-1221662

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Mustang Unleashed Is New Nationwide Tour for Current, Future Fans

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2024/03/25/mustang-unleashed-is-new-nationwide-tour-for-current--future-fan.html

Posted the topic from Ford Media in the Ford Discussion Forum earlier today. Nothing about it indicates anything related to the NY Auto Show. 

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/76122-mustang-unleashed-is-new-nationwide-tour-for-current-future-fans/#comment-1221662

I believe we have some wires crossed. You're referring to a traveling exhibit that's moving from state to state starting next month. From the looks of it, none of those events will take place in New York.  I'm referring to the comment made by Pffan1990 where he stated it that Ford's booth at the New York Auto show would heavily feature a mustang 60th anniversary display. With speculation that if the main focus of Ford's new York Auto show presentation is the mustang, then it's likely whatever this reveal is, it's gonna be based around the mustang. A theory further supported by the fact that we're nearing the 60th anniversary, and the original mustang was revealed in New York.

We know Ford is a fan of bringing past events like that into modern reveals. Then again, it could be nothing, we'll know in a few days. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DeluxeStang said:

I believe we have some wires crossed. You're referring to a traveling exhibit that's moving from state to state starting next month. From the looks of it, none of those events will take place in New York.  I'm referring to the comment made by Pffan1990 where he stated it that Ford's booth at the New York Auto show would heavily feature a mustang 60th anniversary display. With speculation that if the main focus of Ford's new York Auto show presentation is the mustang, then it's likely whatever this reveal is, it's gonna be based around the mustang. A theory further supported by the fact that we're nearing the 60th anniversary, and the original mustang was revealed in New York.

We know Ford is a fan of bringing past events like that into modern reveals. Then again, it could be nothing, we'll know in a few days. 

No problem! I understand completely about the Mustang's 60th anniversary and the historical connection to New York with the Mustang's original introduction. I just don't know what they'd present at the New York Auto Show, regarding Mustang, that would be of any significance at this point. A new Shelby? Big deal, not! Time will tell and we'll see what Ford does. 

Edited by ice-capades
Typo

I highly suspect they will reveal the 2025 Expedition tomorrow. I belong and write for to a local NJ Mustang club and been attending the show for 30+ years on press days. In years past we would hear of Mustang celebrations and members would be asked to bring their classic Mustangs to display at the actual Ford stand, but nothing this year. The show falls too soon for the April 17th Mustang Day anyway.

So I think it will be the mostly new Expedition, my 2 cents!

BTW Ford usually has done 10 year anniversaries out at Flushing Meadows (Site of NY worlds fair) but we heard nothing about that too. Seeing they have a traveling road show it seems that is how they will celebrate the 60th anniversary this year. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, spudz64 said:

I highly suspect they will reveal the 2025 Expedition tomorrow. I belong and write for to a local NJ Mustang club and been attending the show for 30+ years on press days. In years past we would hear of Mustang celebrations and members would be asked to bring their classic Mustangs to display at the actual Ford stand, but nothing this year. The show falls too soon for the April 17th Mustang Day anyway.

BTW Ford usually has done 10 year anniversaries out at Flushing Meadows (Site of NY worlds fair) but we heard nothing about that too. Seeing they have a traveling road show it seems that is how they will celebrate the 60th anniversary this year. 

Agreed... most likely the 2025 Expedition reveal. 

16 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

They could be revealing a 60th anniversary model of the Mustang tomorrow or something else. I'm now thinking the 60th anniversary exhibit display at the NYIAS is to basically kickstart the celebration by having it at there for the show's attendees. I took another look at the photos in the link below. Most Mustangs shown in photos appear to be owned by various enthusiasts and not owned by Ford. It's possible that this exhibit is something NYIAS organized and the enthusiasts submitted their cars to be shown there. I attended the Louisville Auto Show in Kentucky back in 2020 and there were some various cars displayed there by local enthusiasts (in addition to some new vehicles displayed by few manufacturers and local dealers). So this Mustang exhibit at NYIAS would be separate from Ford's own traveling exhibit that was announced yesterday.

https://autoshowny.com/exhibitions/mustang/

Bob Rosadini previously mentioned the possibility of new color choices of the Ford Transit to be revealed tomorrow. He's right that Ford didn't reveal anything at the recent Work Truck Show. However, Ford did release a press announcement about the Transit during the WTS which is also on the WTS website. It was both a 10-year celebration of the Transit's success and about the upgrades and enhancements to the E-Transit. They would have mentioned new color choices in the press release but they didn't.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2024/03/05/ford-pro-marks-10-years-of-u-s--transit-by-bolstering-e-transit-.html

https://www.worktruckweek.com/WTS/WTW24-press-conferences/Ford-Pro-celebrates-10th-Anniversary-Transit-van-America-upgrades-E-Transit-WTW24.aspx

1 hour ago, spudz64 said:

Yes, I'm now thinking this could very well be the case. Ford's reveal slot is only 20 minutes so that's plenty of time to do some drum-up talks, reveal, and discuss features of it.

16 minutes ago, Dlcorbett said:

Here's hoping the new expy isn't mostly new and is all new

I  hope so! The side panels didn’t look that much different in the spy shots so I’m hoping that was the camouflage.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, joseodiaga4 said:

Will Ford lift the embargo by midnight? 

I didn't even think about this possibility. We may know within six hours from now. Maybe not all the details of the vehicle until actual reveal but enough to know what will be shown.

Edited to add: Sometimes embargo gets lifted later in the morning around 6am or so. So we may wait longer. I'm still looking for livestreaming link and surprised Ford hasn't said anything about this on their social media sites.

Edited by pffan1990

So I'm at the show and my guess of them introducing the 2025 Expedition was wrong. In fact, nothing was actually introduced, just a quick discussion about Mustang and its upcoming 60th (anniversary package to debut April 17). Plus a review of the various Mustangs on display, including the Mach E. Overall it's nice to see the Mustang get center stage again (last year they had just 2, this year 6 Mustangs and a few Mach E's) Still disappointed no big debut though! 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, spudz64 said:

So I'm at the show and my guess of them introducing the 2025 Expedition was wrong. In fact, nothing was actually introduced, just a quick discussion about Mustang and its upcoming 60th (anniversary package to debut April 17). Plus a review of the various Mustangs on display, including the Mach E. Overall it's nice to see the Mustang get center stage again (last year they had just 2, this year 6 Mustangs and a few Mach E's) Still disappointed no big debut though! 

Sounds like it was pretty disappointing. I'm curious to see what Ford does for the 60th anniversary, they seem to be making a big deal out of it, so hopefully they have something special planned. Not just "Here's a slightly different badge". 

1 hour ago, DeluxeStang said:

I'm curious to see what Ford does for the 60th anniversary, they seem to be making a big deal out of it, so hopefully they have something special planned. Not just "Here's a slightly different badge". 

But the flip side of that is that Ford doesn’t wait for 10 year anniversaries to launch special edition mustangs.

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Seems like a waste of time to have a press event just for an announcment about a later debut.

Agree 100%. What a waste of time, the debut is just 2 weeks from now, a simple press release was just enough.

IMO a bit mediocre

• Like 1

I think ultimately it was just a good public event for Ford to roll out their product guys (the Mustang program manager spoke to the crowd) to speak of the Mustang and their success with it. It really didn’t cost much more than their travel costs, as no press kits, no stage set up, no chairs put out, no food or drink costs, beyond the usual auto show costs. Oddly they didn’t talk about the Mustang GTD which was center stage on the floor, but maybe that speaks for itself lol All in all, I’m happy Ford had a vibrant presence at this years press days. (But still sore Lincoln was absent!)

• Like 1